Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Age of Discovery

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Xevo Posted - 26 Aug 2011 : 13:31:26
Faerun, Zhakara, Kara-Tur, and Maztica...
The known continents of Toril. But what are the others? Is there any canon information about them? What ideas for these "new worlds" have some of you created?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xevo Posted - 27 Aug 2011 : 04:37:58
How about finding any definitive information, though I think I was aware of Anchorome. I want my next campaign to involve an exploration/discovery of these realms by people other than powerful mages. I also welcome ideas and adaptations that are your own modifications.
The Sage Posted - 27 Aug 2011 : 02:02:38
quote:
Originally posted by Quale

Well, Osse is the Australian analogy ...
I'd be a little more generalised with that assumption.

Aside from a few obvious examples in Lady of Poison, I wouldn't say that Osse is a direct translation of, or heavily influenced by, Australian Aborigine culture -- Gunggari's mannerisms aside [as well as his 'dizheri'], the supposed "ways" of the Osse people could very well be associated with many other examples of Polynesian tribal cultures.

In fact, I always thought the actual name "Osse" was something of a joke...
Quale Posted - 26 Aug 2011 : 19:26:21
Well, Osse is the Australian analogy, Katashaka is supposed to be African, Anchorome pre-Columbian USA/Canada and Malatra south-east Asia.

Some of my own changes were moving Calimshan, Semphar, Al-Qadim and all similar countries to one subcontinent. Chult and Katashaka are closer, there is a continent similar to X'endrik and Warhammer's Lustria south of Maztica. South of Zakhara is an undead continent, like the Tomb Kingdoms and Zothique.
Xevo Posted - 26 Aug 2011 : 14:00:09
btw, I am still on the 2nd/3rd ed. timeline. So anything from Abeir...um...no. Don't want.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000