Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Searching for a Spell

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fellfire Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 02:35:41
Specifically, one that negates intoxication. I know I've seen this somewhere. Anybody?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bladeinAmn Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 20:08:12
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Specifically, one that negates intoxication. I know I've seen this somewhere. Anybody?

I figure the following spells would negate intoxication, or at least lessen the impact:

-The 2nd level divine spell Slow Poison would lessen the impact of most intoxicating brews.
-The 4th level divine spell Neutralize Poison I'm sure would negate the intoxication completely, whatever the strength, by the very nature of the spell.
-The 2nd level arcane spell Endurance would most likely negate the intoxication, by virtue of the +4 Constitution bonus (though it's 1d4+1 in 3e/3.5e, depending on the dice roll) and its duration, depending on the level of the caster.

I'm sure there are others in addition to these and the other spells already mentioned.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 18:50:27
I could swear there was one that was 2nd or 3rd lvl.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 18:14:17
quote:
Originally posted by Bladewind

oO Even more puzzling!

Heh, I guess the designers way of saying "alcohol is BAD for you".

Pretty sure Ed wrote the spell. And I find the level reasonable -- similar to neutralize poison.
Bladewind Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 15:23:10
oO Even more puzzling!

Heh, I guess the designers way of saying "alcohol is BAD for you".
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 14:42:05
quote:
Originally posted by Bladewind

I heard drinking a glass of water does its magic against a hangover.

That Chaser spell is a surprisingly high level!

In 2E, it was a 4th level spell.
Bladewind Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 14:21:38
I heard drinking a glass of water does its magic against a hangover.

That Chaser spell is a surprisingly high level!
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 05:53:56
I think the d20 Ultimate Arcane Spellbook had something with a similar effect, as well. And there might have been one in the old 2nd ed Wizards' Spell Compendium, though I don't know which volume.
Fellfire Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 04:47:41
Spendelarde's Chaser
Necromancy
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: One creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

As the spell completes, the fuzzy feeling in your forehead fades, and you can think clearly again. Truly, this spell is a gift from the gods.

Originally developed as a way to facilitate mental recovery from brewery research expeditions (ie. a hangover cure), it was later discovered to have useful side effects against other drugs and poisons.

When cast, the chaser automatically purges the target of all drugs (including alcohol) and negates their effects upon the target. If the target has already taken damage from a drug (ability damage or hit point damage), the chaser has no effect on that damage, only negating the drug, not repairing its effects. The spell has no effect on insanity or magically-fueled drugs.

If used on a target suffering from a poison, the spell grants another saving throw at a +4 bonus.

Material Component: a drop of holy water.

I found this in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical under the Lost Rings of Mzenthul, I remember asking about a 3.5 conversion HERE at the 'Keep. I have it in my files, but still can't seem to locate the source.
Kuje Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 04:06:52
I do believe in the old material cure poison also worked.
Fellfire Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 03:18:32
I do believe that's the one, Wooly. I'll consult my sources. Thanks! I knew someone would have it. Bah, I wouldn't worry too much. Who doesn't wish they knew this one???
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 03:12:01
Spendelard's Chaser. Among other places, it's on page 55 of Forgotten Realms Adventures.

And I'm wondering if I should be concerned about the fact that I remembered the spell, the source, and the spell's level without even thinking about it!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000