Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Rich Baker got the corner office!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brimstone Posted - 14 Jul 2011 : 03:47:02
Rich's blog about his promotion

Yes, I stole the title from the WotC thread.

He got Mike Mearls job, and Mearls has Bill S. old job.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Quale Posted - 03 Nov 2011 : 08:34:54
That's his side job, I remember he was the only one at WotC to listen to the fans
Joran Nobleheart Posted - 02 Nov 2011 : 21:52:34
I for one am not a fan of Baker's. The only thing I believe he does well is work on sourcebooks. His novels leave much to be desired, and cannot for the life of me figure out why he was promoted. But again, that's me.
Markustay Posted - 02 Nov 2011 : 13:54:02
Handing Keith Baker the Realms would be akin to handing Ed Eberron. Why put the creator of one setting on another?

As for Wyatt, I believe he already stated somewhere he has no interest in being on the Realms team (which is a shame).

I had a LOT more here, and it was starting to turn into a very whiny rant, so I deleted it. This is Rich's thread, and I wish him all the success.

Dark Wizard Posted - 06 Oct 2011 : 03:26:52
Actually, one funny experiment might be to hand Old FR over to Keith Baker and the Eberron team (James Wyatt?) with a cover by Wayne Reynolds. I'm willing to bet they can just change some stats, edit a few lines, then write an opening chapter declaring it the New Realms and people who hated the Realms will eat it up.

This is not a hit against Eberron, it's just that the setting has become one rallying point for those who dislike the Realms as it's the other alternative from Wizards.
Ayrik Posted - 03 Oct 2011 : 07:49:33
Ack, corner offices just invite twice as many snipers.
Brimstone Posted - 03 Oct 2011 : 03:00:50
Sound idea. They should let Ed and a crack team(The A-Team) of Authors/Designers have free reign in the setting.
Markustay Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 22:11:54
As an amateur cook, I know that if I cook something and it doesn't taste very good, no matter how much I stir the ingredients around its not going to get any better.

Sometimes you get lucky if you ADD SOMETHING NEW, but most of the time, you just have to dump it and start over. Re-arranging the ingredients rarely improves the flavor.

Not a knock on Rich - I'm actually a fan of his writing - but I think they need a whole new team if FR (and D&D) has any hope of surviving.

IMO, as always.
Brimstone Posted - 14 Jul 2011 : 06:51:17
Hopefully that means that the Realms will have a friend in high places...
Kentinal Posted - 14 Jul 2011 : 04:34:04
Interesting

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000