Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Rich Baker got the corner office!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2011 :  03:47:02  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Rich's blog about his promotion

Yes, I stole the title from the WotC thread.

He got Mike Mearls job, and Mearls has Bill S. old job.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 14 Jul 2011 03:47:36

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2011 :  04:34:04  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2011 :  06:51:17  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully that means that the Realms will have a friend in high places...

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2011 :  22:11:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As an amateur cook, I know that if I cook something and it doesn't taste very good, no matter how much I stir the ingredients around its not going to get any better.

Sometimes you get lucky if you ADD SOMETHING NEW, but most of the time, you just have to dump it and start over. Re-arranging the ingredients rarely improves the flavor.

Not a knock on Rich - I'm actually a fan of his writing - but I think they need a whole new team if FR (and D&D) has any hope of surviving.

IMO, as always.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2011 :  03:00:50  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sound idea. They should let Ed and a crack team(The A-Team) of Authors/Designers have free reign in the setting.

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2011 :  07:49:33  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ack, corner offices just invite twice as many snipers.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2011 :  03:26:52  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, one funny experiment might be to hand Old FR over to Keith Baker and the Eberron team (James Wyatt?) with a cover by Wayne Reynolds. I'm willing to bet they can just change some stats, edit a few lines, then write an opening chapter declaring it the New Realms and people who hated the Realms will eat it up.

This is not a hit against Eberron, it's just that the setting has become one rallying point for those who dislike the Realms as it's the other alternative from Wizards.

Edited by - Dark Wizard on 06 Oct 2011 03:27:12
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2011 :  13:54:02  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Handing Keith Baker the Realms would be akin to handing Ed Eberron. Why put the creator of one setting on another?

As for Wyatt, I believe he already stated somewhere he has no interest in being on the Realms team (which is a shame).

I had a LOT more here, and it was starting to turn into a very whiny rant, so I deleted it. This is Rich's thread, and I wish him all the success.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2011 :  21:52:34  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I for one am not a fan of Baker's. The only thing I believe he does well is work on sourcebooks. His novels leave much to be desired, and cannot for the life of me figure out why he was promoted. But again, that's me.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2011 :  08:34:54  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's his side job, I remember he was the only one at WotC to listen to the fans
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000