Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 FR homebrew Paragon Path and Epic Destiny

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Diffan Posted - 21 Aug 2009 : 03:03:48
Well, I started this thread over at the Wizbro's site and I figured that those who don't patron there might find some use for it here. So enjoy. As always, constructive criticism is appreciated and welcomed.

P.S. I didn't know if this already existed or not, so sorry for starting a new thread if this is the case.

As I become more accustomed to the codes and whatnot here, I'll have a index made up. That way, you can just click on the Paragon Path or Epic Destiny you want without having to scroll though it all.

In addition, I hope others will feel free to post their own homebrew versions of Faerun (or non-Faerun) paragon path and epic destiny material.

First up:

ARCANE DEVOTEE
"The path to the divine need not rest solely on the shoulder of clerics and paladins for I have communed with my God and he grants me power!"

Prerequisites: Wizard class, trained in Religion, alignment must match your patron deity; must have a patron deity

ARCANE DEVOTEE PATH FEATURES
Divine Intelligence (11th level): You may add your Wisdom modifier as a bonus to your Arcane and Religion skill checks.
Reach of the Holy (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, until the end of your next turn, you may increase the area, blast, burst, or range of any spell you cast a number of squares equal to your Wisdom modifier.
Sacred Defense (11th level): You gain a +2 bonus to your saving throws against ongoing necrotic and radiant damage. This bonus increases to +4 at 21st level.
Divine Synergy (16th level): When you are the target of a power with the Healing keyword and the caster has the same alignment or patron deity as you, you may add an additional 2d6 to any healing you receive.

ARCANE DEVOTEE PRAYERS

Divine Blast; Arcane Devotee Attack 11
Divine radiance fills your palm and you strike out with your deity's power.
Encounter - Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action; Blast 3
Target: Each creature in blast
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + Intelligence modifier radiant damage, and the target is dazed until the end of it's next turn.

Divine Shroud; Arcane Devotee Utility 12
Spells of the divine heal you, the harmful effects warded off by your faith in your god.
Daily - Divine
Immediate Reaction; Personal
Trigger: You are hit by a ranged or area attack.
Effect: Treat the attack as if it missed. In addition, spend a healing surge. If you are at maximum hit points, instead gain an amount of temporary hit points equal to half your healing surge value.

Nimbus of Radiant Wrath; Arcane Devotee Attack 20
From the heavens strikes a beam of radiance, incinerating your foe and his allies around him.
Daily - Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action; Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 4d6 + Intelligence modifier radiant damage. In addition, the target takes ongoing 10 radiant damage (save ends) and each enemy within 5 squares of the target takes ongoing 5 radiant damage (save ends).
Miss: Half-damage and ongoing 5 radiant damage (save ends). Additional enemies take no damage.

EDIT: Increased the bonus gained from Sacred Defense. Added the alignment option for Divine Synergy, to make it more appealing to a broader array of allies. Reduced Divine Blast to 2d6 (revised further to 1d10). Reworded Divine Shroud so that it is covered under a broader area of attacks and cleaned up the wording in the effect. Reduced Nimbus of Holy Wrath to 4d6 damage.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Diffan Posted - 27 Jul 2022 : 18:41:33
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Thanks. I'm planning to create 4 parangon path specific to Tymanther, each for martial, arcane, divine and primal classes. Meaning, these PP should be useful to all classes within those categories.

Not that difficult, though there should be a general idea of what their focus is. Since every power-source has classes in each role (Controller, Defender, Leader, and Striker) it has be be worth it to grab where another PrP from their base class focuses on their role more.

So in this regard, we'll have to look at Racial paragon paths like the Bralani Wintersoul and Shiere Knight for Eladrins or the Adroit Explorer for humans. Tying it to a location is fine, but to make it have some purpose, we need to base it on something mechanically tangible.

quote:

The first one is the Lance Scout, elite members of the Lance Defenders army. The second is the Lance Warmage, that is an elite member of the arcane classes. The divine one should be for members of the Platinum Cadre, but I haven't thought a name yet. Platinum Wanderer, perhaps? The primal one is a but heretic, dragonborn who call of dragon spirits to augment their abilities. No name yet, but perhaps Dragon Totem Rager or something like that.

So what is a "lancer"? A Lance Scout sounds Martial in nature, so probably something helping with mobility and surveying terrain and battlefields? Also, you can mix in certain elements of different roles to be more broad. Maybe the Encounter is a good ranged attack that can use Str or Dex vs AC and do a bit more damage, maybe the utility helps with the landscape? Stuff like that.

quote:

Also, I'm not sure if I should restrict these paragon paths to dragonborn only. I could use any help on how making them mechanically balanced. Thanks in advance.

So by making them Dragonborn only, you do have a basis from which to start making powers that are appropriate to the concept. We can then look at the Dragonborn specific PrPs (like the Mithral Arm) and see how it goes about amping up Dragonborn specifically. You could also require they have the specific power source too, so Prerequisite Any arcane class, dragonborn and then a Dragonborn Bard, Swordmage, or Warlock could grab this. Question is: what do you want the particulars to do and how will it work despite the different focuses of each class?

I'd also suggest that you broaden the power's abilities. So instead of it being specifically Intelligence based, it would instead be - for example -
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex, Wisdom vs. Reflex, or Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier insert damage type here

OR as many aspects late into 4E came out, just say:

Attack: Highest ability modifier vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Highest ability modifier insert damage type here

That way a Dragonborn Swordmage that uses Strength (assaulting swordmages for example) can benefit from it but so too can a Bard or Wizard.
Zeromaru X Posted - 27 Jul 2022 : 04:59:56
Thanks. I'm planning to create 4 parangon path specific to Tymanther, each for martial, arcane, divine and primal classes. Meaning, these PP should be useful to all classes within those categories.

The first one is the Lance Scout, elite members of the Lance Defenders army. The second is the Lance Warmage, that is an elite member of the arcane classes. The divine one should be for members of the Platinum Cadre, but I haven't thought a name yet. Platinum Wanderer, perhaps? The primal one is a but heretic, dragonborn who call of dragon spirits to augment their abilities. No name yet, but perhaps Dragon Totem Rager or something like m

Also, I'm not sure if I should restrict these paragon paths to dragonborn only. I could use any help on how making them mechanically balanced. Thanks in advance.
Diffan Posted - 26 Jul 2022 : 19:03:42
quote:

Well, I was planning to mske w few paragon paths based on Tymanther, for my campaign. I can use your help.

Absolutely!!
Zeromaru X Posted - 26 Jul 2022 : 18:11:27
Well, I was planning to mske w few paragon paths based on Tymanther, for my campaign. I can use your help.
Diffan Posted - 26 Jul 2022 : 17:01:25
Well I found a program that allows me to make a lot of these Paragon Path powers and stuff look offiical, same with monsters too. So if you're still playing 4th Edition (or want to get into 4E but haven't found things that you liked from 3.5) and want some conversion of Prestige Classes into Paragon Paths or help making something....please let me know!!!

PS: Thanks again to Wooly for helping me find this thread again, it's been a while since I visited it and I've been having a blast re-imaging a lot of this material.
Diffan Posted - 31 May 2020 : 18:46:38
Looking back on these as I start up running 4e again, I see that these need some work. Anyone who's into 4e that would like to see some Realms-specific stuff, feel free to ask.
Aryalómë Posted - 14 Jul 2011 : 04:15:42
I was more harkening back to when they were a seperate race. I was thinking like a Defender of Sildeyuir type of thing for the Star Elf. And since they are very good sorcerers and bards, there could be some work made into that.
Diffan Posted - 13 Jul 2011 : 21:22:06
quote:
Originally posted by Erendriel Durothil

Could you make one for the Eladrin (considering they are a seperate race from Star, Moon, and Sun Elves) who never left Faerie? Preferably with arcane abilities for a sorcerer. Or a Star Elf Epic Destiny or Paragon path would be amazing, just like they have the Evermeet Warlock and the Evereskan something.....can't quite remember.

Actually Moon, Star, and Sun elves are Eladrin while Dark*, Wild and Wood are considered Elves using 4E teminology. I'll see what I can do in terms of making a Sorcerer Paragon Path, but there isn't a definitive "Star Elf" feat like there are for Sun and Moon elves. Let me brain-storm and I'll get back to ya.

*Dark elves are in reference to those which were blessed by Elistraee and Lloth's curse removed, thus making them Dark elves (as of the hue of skin, not in their alignment).
Aryalómë Posted - 12 Jul 2011 : 20:33:04
Could you make one for the Eladrin (considering they are a seperate race from Star, Moon, and Sun Elves) who never left Faerie? Preferably with arcane abilities for a sorcerer. Or a Star Elf Epic Destiny or Paragon path would be amazing, just like they have the Evermeet Warlock and the Evereskan something.....can't quite remember.
Diffan Posted - 09 Jul 2011 : 03:37:56
Well I've been going over a lot of this thread and realizing that the Paragon Paths I've converted are broken in many ways or don't work well with the newer products. So i'm going to do a over-haul of the thread Paragon Path by Paragon Path. Those interested in helping me make balanced corrections and ideas if certain things don't work well, your more than welcome to offer constructive criticism.

Diffan Posted - 22 Dec 2010 : 15:33:34
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Divine Blast looks unbelievably overpowered. A Close Blast 5 that also dazes is immensely powerful. I haven't had the chance to look through everything else yet ;)

Thanks Matt! I changed the blast to 3, scaled the damage down to 2d8, and made the effect dazed until the end of the target's next turn. Less damage, and shorter duration, and lesser area. Should be more on-par with powers at those levels.
Matt James Posted - 22 Dec 2010 : 15:24:41
Divine Blast looks unbelievably overpowered. A Close Blast 5 that also dazes is immensely powerful. I haven't had the chance to look through everything else yet ;)
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 22 Dec 2010 : 15:17:41
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

I'm looking to convert the Nightcloak and possibly the Forest Master and Windwalker, all from F&P.

The nightcloak shouldn't be too hard, but I'll have more trouble with the latter two.

One thing I've come to realize that when converting these PrCs into Paragon Paths/Epic Destinies is that it branches out to so many classes that it's hard to focus in on one class.

Take the Forest Master for example. Do I make it any Primal class or just for the Druid alone? Wouldn't a Warden make a fine Forest Master? Just some hiccups that I find with these sorts of conversions.

I'd say make it any divine or primal trained in Nature and worshipping Silvanus, or something along that line.
Diffan Posted - 22 Dec 2010 : 05:28:36
Heres a quick one from my files. Though not specifically FR-related, still a great PrC from Complete Adventurer

TEMPEST

Prerequisite: Fighter with tempest technique or Ranger with two-blade fighting style.

You are the point of calm within a whirling barrier of deadly blades. Your prowess with your two weapons is described by some as "dancing" but to you, it's not about impressing anyone. It's about the destruction of your foes.

TEMPEST PATH FEATURES
Two-Weapon Versatility (11th level): As long as you are armed with two melee weapons, any feat that applies to a specific weapon group can be used with any weapon you currently wield. You must wield at least one weapon with with the feat can apply to.
Tempest Defense (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you gain a bonus to your armor class and Reflex defense equal to your Dexterity modifier +1 until the end of your next turn.
Two-Weapon Supremacy (16th level): As long as you are armed with two melee weapons, you gain a +1 bonus to your melee and burst attacks. In addition, when you successfully make two melee attacks in a round, you may knock prone one of the targets hit.

TEMPEST EXPLOITS

Two-Weapon Spring Attack; Tempest Attack 11
You bring both weapons to bear and dance into battle, making two vicious attacks.
Encounter * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding two melee weapons.
Special: You may shift your speed before or after you attack.
Attack: Strength vs. AC, (main hand and off-hand), two attacks
Hit: 1(W) + Strength modifier damage per attack, and you gain concealment against the target unitl the end of your next turn.

Tempest's Reflexes; Tempest Utility 12
Your quick movements negate harmful effects.
Daily * Martial
Immediate Interrupt; Personal
Trigger: You are hit with an attack that requires a saving throw.
Effect: Make a saving throw and add your Dexterity modifier +1 as a bonus to your roll.

Bounding Assault; Tempest Attack 20
You leap about the battlefield, attacking enemies as you streak by them.
Daily * Martial, Weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding two melee weapons
Primary Attack: Strength vs. AC, (main hand and off-hand), two attacks
Hit: 2(W) + Strength modifier damage per attack, and the target is blinded and weakened (save ends both).
Miss: Half-damage and the target is weakened until the end of your next turn.
Effect: You may shift 3 squares and then make a secondary attack.
Secondary Target: One creature (other than the primary target)
Secondary Attack: Strength vs. AC, (main hand and off-hand), two attacks
Hit: 1(W) + Strength modifier damage, and the target is knocked prone and immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Effect: You can shift 2 squares and make a tertiary attack.
Tertiary Target: One creature (other than the primary or secondary target)
Tertiary Attack: Strength vs. AC, (main hand and off-hand), two attacks
Hit: Strength modifier damage per attack and the target is knocked prone.

EDIT: Bunch of changes with this one. For starters, changed all three Class Features as they were all too powerful. The wording on Two-Weapon Versatility is cleared up, and added the requirement of using the weapon with which your using the feat for. Two-Weapon Defense now only works with your Dex-mod +1 instead of Dex or Str. Two-Weapon Supremacy was horribly overpowerd, giving you a class feature which is actually an Epic-level feat. So I changed it to a solid +1 bonut to attacks (equal to a feat) and the ability to automatically knock people prone with two successful attacks. This applies to both the Ranger (twin-strike) and Fighter (dual-strike).

Also changed up the powers too. Tempest Reflexes now just adds your Dex-mod +1 to your AC and Reflex. Bounding Assault received bonus errata, as I added the (main-hand, off-hand) words, showing that it has too be with both weapons, not 1 weapons twice.
Diffan Posted - 22 Dec 2010 : 05:07:42
I'm looking to convert the Nightcloak and possibly the Forest Master and Windwalker, all from F&P.

The nightcloak shouldn't be too hard, but I'll have more trouble with the latter two.

One thing I've come to realize that when converting these PrCs into Paragon Paths/Epic Destinies is that it branches out to so many classes that it's hard to focus in on one class.

Take the Forest Master for example. Do I make it any Primal class or just for the Druid alone? Wouldn't a Warden make a fine Forest Master? Just some hiccups that I find with these sorts of conversions.
Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 22 Dec 2010 : 03:29:49
Ah, the Halfling War Sniper! Looks good.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Diffan Posted - 21 Dec 2010 : 20:18:21
Not one of my originals, some one else posted over at the Wizards boards. Here ya go.

WARSLING SNIPER
Prerequisite: Rogue, proficient with the halfling warsling

WARSLING SNIPER FEATURES
Warsling Expertise (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, choose an enemy within 10 squares of you. You have combat advantage against that enemy until the end of your next turn.
Skiprock Precision (11th level): You score critical hits with slings on a roll of 19-20.
Sniper's Vision (16th level): Ranged attacks you make with a sling ignore cover and concealment, but not total concealment.

WARSLING SNIPER EXPLOITS

Skiprock Ricochet; Warsling Sniper Attack 11
Encounter - Martial, Weapon
Immediate Reaction; Ranged Weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a halfling warsling
Trigger: You hit a creature with a ranged attack
Target: The creature that was hit
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1(W) + Dexterity modifier damage
Effect: You have combat advantage against the creature that was hit until the end of your turn.

Sniper's Focus; Warsling Sniper Utility 12
Daily - Martial
Immediate Reaction; Personal
Trigger: You miss a creature with a ranged attack.
Effect: You have combat advantage against the creature you missed until the end of the encounter. You gain a bonus to Sneak Attack damage against that creature equal to your Dexterity modifier.

Warsling Mastery; Warsling Sniper Attack 20
Daily - Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Ranged weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a halfling warsling
Targets: One or more creatures
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC. Make additional attacks until you miss. As soon as an attack misses, this attack ends. You cannot target the same creature with additional attacks.
Hit: 2(W) + Dexterity modifier damage per attack.

Weapon         Prof.  Damage  Range  Price  Weight Group  Properties
Halfling Warsling   +3      1d6     10/20   25 gp   1 lb.  Sling    Load free, small

Diffan Posted - 10 Dec 2010 : 11:54:33
Here's another. Originally found in Eberron, I think it's pretty versatile to have it apply to pretty much any campaign setting.

BONE KNIGHT
"Your bones shall become part of my armor and weapon soon"

Prerequisites: Paladin

The Bone Knights of Karrnath are fearsome Paladins that have taken to the fascination with undeath and corpse-motifs.

Bone Knights in Faerun are fearsome holy warriors dedicated to Velsharoon or serve as protectors to powerful liches such as Zsass Tam.

BONE KNIGHT PATH FEATURES
Bonecrafted Armor and Weapons (11th Level): You gain the Enchant Magic Item ritual. If you use the Ritual to create "Bone Armor" and "Bone Weapon" the ritual only costs you 50% of the residuum cost.
Skeletal Steed (11th Level): You gain the Phantom Steed ritual. Instead of Arcana you use Religion as key-skill for the ritual and the steeds summoned are of bone.
Ghastly Action (11th Level): If you use an action point to gain a standard action, any powers you use with the necrotic keyword deal an additional 1d10 damage until the end of your next turn
Exoskeleton of Undeath (16th Level): Your Bone Armor begins to fuse with your body - you can no longer remove the armor. You can use the Enchant Magical Item ritual to increase the bonus of your armor, but no longer are able to put off the armor. You gain resist 10 +1/2 your level to poison, a +5 bonus to resist diseases and +2 save bonus against immobilization and slow effects.

BONE KNIGHT PRAYERS

March of the Spectral Legion; Bone Knight Attack 11
You summon forth the spirits of all the victims from which you carved your armor and weapons, letting them overwhelm your enemy.
Encounter - Divine, Fear, Implement, Fear
Standard Action; Close blast 3
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 4d8 + Charisma modifier necrotic damage and the target is pushed 3 squares.
Effect: Creatures take a -2 penalty to their Will defense until the end of your next turn.

Call to the Grave; Bone Knight Utility 12
You call the bones of those long dead - and they respond, rising out of the earth to protect you.
Daily - Divine, Conjuration, Necrotic, Zone
Standard Action; Personal
Special: You must spend a healing surge when you activate this power.
Effect: You create an arua 1 around you. This aura represents undead that rise from the ground. You gain temporary hit points equal to your healing surge value and once this amount of temporary hit points is used up, the aura dissipates. Every enemy that starts it's turn in the aura takes 1d6 + Charisma modifier necrotic damage. You can move the point of origin of the aura, this costs 3 temporary hit points per square of the aura moved. Every round the aura is not centered on you, you lose 3 temporary hit points.
Sustain Minor: The aura persists. You may spend a healing surge to gain 10 temporary hit points.

Death Strike; Bone Knight Attack 20
Daily - Divine, Necrotic, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a Bone weapon to make use of this attack.
Special: You must spend a healing surge to make use of this power.
Target: Varies
Effect: You may use any melee-ranged encounter power you know with the weapon keyword. You automatically deal maximum damage with this power +1d6 damage with a successful hit. This does not count as a critial hit. The damage done with this power is also considered necrotic.
Diffan Posted - 09 Dec 2010 : 19:04:15
ABJURANT CHAMPION

Abjurant champions are swordmages who revel in melee, yet use their aegis and abjurer abilities to protect their allies and themselves in battle. Using their talents to both augment personal defenses and hinder enemy spellcasters, abjurant champions are something to be feared by mages and warriors alike.

Prerequisites: Swordmage; Intelligent Blademaster feat

ABJURANT CHAMPION PATH FEATURES
Abjurant Armor (11th level): When you use your aegis power as an immediate reaction, you or one ally adjacent to you receives a +2 bonus to AC until the beginning of your next turn.
Martial Arcanist (11th level): You may add your Strength modifier to damage rolls when making a Melee basic attack.
Arcane Boost (16th level): You gain the ability to burn arcane energy to empower your martial abilities. As a minor action, you can spend an encounter attack or utility power of a specific tier to grant yourself one of the following bonuses - (Heroic: +1, Paragon: +2, Epic: +3). This bonus lasts until the end of your next turn.
• Bonus on attack rolls
• Bonus on damage rolls
• Bonus to AC
• Bonus to your Fortitude, Reflex, and Will defenses
• Gain resist all (Heroic 5, Paragon 10, Epic 15)

ABJURANT CHAMPION SPELLS

Tenacious Dispelling; Abjurant Champion Attack 11
Encounter - Arcane, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee
Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
Hit: 2(W) + Intelligence modifier damage, and any bonuses the target has to attack rolls, AC, or defenses are supporessed until the end of your next turn. If no bonuses are present, the target instead receives a -2 penalty to attack rolls, AC, or defenses (your choice) until the end of your next turn.

Counterspell; Abjurant Champion Utility 12
Daily -Arcane
Immediate Interrupt; Ranged 10
Trigger: An enemy uses an area, blast, or ranged power that targets you or any of your allies within range.
Target: You or one ally within range.
Effect: Treat the power as if it were an automatic miss (incuring all the benefits and penalties of a miss).

Arcane Turmoil; Abjurant Champion Attack 20
You call out a harsh arcane spell which dazzles and confuses your foe.
Daily - Arcane, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action; Ranged 10
Attack: Intelligence vs. Will
Hit: 3d8 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage. In addition, the target loses one randomly determined encounter or recharge power. This is determined by a random die roll. This effect treats any power lost this way as if it were used.
Miss: Half-damage and the target cannot use one randomly determined encounter or recharge power until the beginning of your next turn. This is determined by a random die roll.

EDIT: A few changes here; took out the specific aegis requirement, added in the Intelligent Blademaster feat requirement. Abjurant Armor can now be used on yourself when you use any Aegis, not just shielding. Martial Arcanist now only applies to Melee Basic Attacks (less useful to Shielding Aegis users, but not too horrible). Arcane Boost now scales +1, +2, +3 instead of 2/4/6 as that was WAAAY to powerful. The powers look good for now.
Diffan Posted - 09 Dec 2010 : 18:47:00
RAINBOW SERVANT

Deep within the jungles lie magically hidden ziggurats where the winged serpents known as couatls teach their secrets to arcane students. In exchange for divine gifts, these students agree to further spread the couatl's agenda of virtue and hope throughout lands far and wide.

Prerequisites: Bard, sorcerer, or wizard; any non-evil alignment

RAINBOW SERVANT PATH FEATURES
Initiate of the Divine (11th level): Eager to gain a measure of divine power, you train at the couatl's temple. Choose either the Divine Fortune or Turn Undead channel divinity power. You can now use that power once per day. This also allows you the ability to select Divinity feats.
Detect the Unsavory (11th level): Through divine powers, you may determine the alignment of a creature as a minor action. If the creature is evil or chaotic evil, you may make a monster knowledge check with a +5 against that creature.
Power of the Couatl (11th level): You can spend and action point to regain one encounter attack power you have already used or spend a healing surge, instead of taking an extra action.
Divine Transference (16th level): You may permanently exchange one of your arcane utility spells of 10th level or lower for a cleric's utility prayer of the same level. At 26th level, you may do so again with a utility power of 16th level or lower.

RAINBOW SERVANT SPELLS

Rainbow Blast; Rainbow Servant Attack 11
With a swift incantation, you bring forth the colorful might of the couatl in a blast of rainbow destruction.
Encounter - Arcane, Implement; Varies
Standard Action; Close blast 4
Attack: Intelligence or Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier damage. Roll a d6 for each target to determine the attack's damage type and effect
1. Red: Fire damage, and the target is dazzled (save ends)
2. Yellow: Radiant damage, and the target blinded (save ends)
3. Green: Poison damage, and the target takes -2 penalty to all defenses (save ends)
4. Blue: Cold damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attacks (save ends)
5. Indigo: Psychic damage, and the target makes a melee basic attack against a creature of your choice
6. Violet: Necrotic damage, and the target is weakened (save ends)

Wings of the Couatl; Rainbow Servant Utility 12
A quick thought enables you to sprout multicolored, feathered wings and take to the sky.
At-Will - Arcane
Move Action; Personal
Effect: You fly a number of squares equal to your speed +2. You must land at the end of this movement.

Summon Couatl; Rainbow Servant Attack 20
You request the service of a mighty couatl to help you and your allies in battle.
Daily - Arcane, Implement, Summoning
Minor Action; Ranged 20
Effect: You summon a large couatl in an unoccupied 2-square-by-2square space within range. The couatl has a reach of 2 and a speed of fly 8 (hover). It has a +4 bonus to AC and +4 bonus to Reflex. You can give the couatl the following commands.

• Standard Action: Close blast 3; targets each enemy in blast; Intelligence vs. Reflex; 2d4 + Intelligence modifier damage, and the target is immobilized (save ends).

• Opportunity Attack: Melee 1; targets one creature; Intelligence vs. Reflex; 2d6 + Intelligence modifier damage, and the target is knocked prone. The couatl can make this opportunity attack against a creature that attacks you or attacks a creature you summoned.

• Minor Action (1/encounter): You and every ally within a burst 5 centered on you or the couatl may spend a healing surge.

• Diffan Posted - 22 Sep 2010 : 23:53:43
    This is someone's take on a Spellfire Channeler for 4E though I don't know the person's name that created it. It uses the Multiclass mechanic of 4E that gives you Spellfire powers instead of powers associated with your base class.

SPELLFIRE CHANNELER

You have learned to harness your spellfire, but that dabbling has become a dedication as you push the limit of your abilities and hone your spellfire into spectacular art.

Prerequisites: Spellfire Wielder feat.

SPELLFIRE CHANNELER PATH FEATURES
    Spellfire Action (11th level): Instead of taking an extra action when you spend an action point, you can regain one spellfire encounter power you have already used.
    Raging Spellfire (11th Level): While you are bloodied you gain a +2 bonus to damage with spellfire powers..
    Spellfire Flight (16th Level): As a move action, you may expend a healing surge to gain a fly speed of 8, for this move action. You can't use this ability if you have no healing surges left.

SPELLFIRE CHANNELER POWERS

Spellfire Burst; Spellfire Channeler Attack 11
    You gather the spellfire within you and sling it across the battlefield where the bolts of blue fire explode.
    Encounter * Arcane, Fire, Force, Implement
    Standard Action; Area burst 2 within 10 squares
    Target: Each creature in burst
    Attack: Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma vs. Reflex
    Hit: 3d8 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier fire and force damage.

Crown of Fire; Spellfire Channeler Utility 12
    A halo of blue and white fire circles your head, shielding you from attacks.
    Daily * Arcane
    Minor Action; Personal
    Effect: You gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses and resist 5 all until the end of the encounter.

Maelstrom of Fire; Spellfire Channeler Attack 20
    Your mastery of your spellfire allows you to create an explosion of blue and white fire that sears your enemies, but leaves your allies untouched.
    Daily * Arcane, Fire, Force, Implement
    Standard Action; Close burst 5
    Target: Each enemy in burst
    Attack: Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma vs Fortitude
    Hit: 4d8 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier fire and force damage, and ongoing 10 fire and force damage. In addition, the target is pushed a number of squares equal to your Constitution modifier and knocked prone.
    Miss: Half-damage and the target is knocked prone.

Spellfire Wielder [Multiclass]
    You are one of the fabled spellfire wielders.
    Benefit: You can swap one at will attack power you know for the spellfire bolt or spellfire strike power, and you gain a +2 feat bonus to Bluff.

Diffan Posted - 22 Sep 2010 : 18:26:53
    So.....comments on the Bubble Mage? Do you think it's stupid? Funny? Playable?

And when I get home, I'll post the Spellfire Channeler.
    Diffan Posted - 13 Sep 2010 : 20:32:05
    Here's a paragon path I made up at work. Inspired by my daughter and her complete love of bubbles, lol. Enjoy!

BUBBLE MAGE
    "Three simple steps ~ lather, rinse, repeat."

Prerequisites: Sorcerer or Wizard

As wizards and sorcerers gain power they often incorporate strange materials into their spells and rituals called components. These components are exotic and common alike. And there are some mages who even find household items that can often have extraordinary benefits. One such mage is the Bubble Mage. They are the kind of arcanist that deals with soap in its various forms, from liquids to solids and in between. This type of mage specializes in controlling the battlefield and making his opponents fall to the floor.

BUBBLE MAGE PATH FEATURES

Wet Floor (11th level): When you spend an action point to make an extra action, one creature within 5 squares is knocked prone and squares that target occupied is treated as difficult terrain.
    Slippery Tactics (11th levels): You may add your Intelligence modifier to your Acrobatics checks when escaping a grab.
    Bubble Wand (11th level): You gain proficiency with wands. When you use a wand to make an attack with an encounter or daily spell, you may slide the target 1 square.
    Bubbly Defense (16th level): When you move 3 squares or more on your turn, you gain concealment until the end of your next turn.

BUBBLE MAGE SPELLS

Slip’n Slide; Bubble Mage Attack 11
    With a quick dash of water and a bar of soap, you chant arcane words and point the soap at a target or two. Releasing the spell causes the floor at the targets feet to become slick and the force of the magic throws them back along it's slippery track.
    Encounter * Arcane, Implement
    Standard Action; Range 10
    Target: One or two creatures
    Hit: 2d8 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier damage and the target is knocked prone and you can slide the target 2 squares.
    Miss: Target is knocked prone and is pushed 2 squares.

Bubble Ward; Bubble Mage Utility 12
    A few quick words of protection causes soap to liquify into a hardened bubble that surrounds you, giving you added protection and the ability to float.
    Daily * Arcane
    Minor Action: Personal
    Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain Resist 5 All and fly 3 and can hover. While this spell is active, you cannot run, take a double move, or make melee attacks.

Foam Blast; Bubble Mage Attack 20
    By scrubbing your hands vigorously with soap you gain a lather and with a shout of power throw the foamy substance towards your foes.
    Daily * Arcane, Implement, Zone
    Standard Action; Area blast 3
    Hit: 3d6 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier damage and target is knocked prone.
    Miss: Half-damage and the target are knocked prone.
    Effect: Each target within the zone is blinded. Each square in the zone is treated as difficult terrain. When a creature starts its turn in the zone or enters the zone, it must make an Acrobatics check (against the Bubble Mage’s Will Defense) or fall prone.
    Sustain Minor: The zone persists.

EDIT: Change Foam Blast; now requires an opponent in the zone to make an Acrobatics check vs. the Bubble Mage's Will Defense. Also changed Slip'n'slide so that the mage can slide the targets, not push them but reduced the amount of squares from 5 to 2.
    Diffan Posted - 13 Sep 2010 : 14:45:34
    quote:
    Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

Well, with how the Hammer of Moradin was converted in Divine Power, who knows what goes from Realms-specific to generic?

Well specifially the Hammar of Moradin was generic in nature. Nothing really Realms about that prestige class other than it was published in a FR book. Moradin was a deity in Greyhawk as well and maybe Krynn/Dragon Lance (I can't remember honestly).

I should put up a list on the first page as to what's been covered and what's not.
    Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 12 Sep 2010 : 05:23:00
    Well, with how the Hammer of Moradin was converted in Divine Power, who knows what goes from Realms-specific to generic?
    Diffan Posted - 11 Sep 2010 : 18:30:02
    quote:

Just reviewed Arcane Power and Primal Power. Now sign of Realms-based Paragon Paths or Epic Destinies that I could see, even though the Swordmage Class was first featutered in the FRCG.

Yea your not going to find any more printed material involing Paragon Path or Epic Destiny specifically tailored to the Realms. There are some in DDI articles like the Luckbringer of Tymora and Draeven Marauder (anti-Cormyr pirate). Hopefully we'll get more official paragon paths/epic destinies for the Realms (or have my published .
    Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 11 Sep 2010 : 00:44:45
    Just reviewed Arcane Power and Primal Power. Now sign of Realms-based Paragon Paths or Epic Destinies that I could see, even though the Swordmage Class was first featutered in the FRCG.
    Diffan Posted - 09 Sep 2010 : 18:17:33
    quote:

I was thinking, Diffan: As far as the Runecaster PrC (FRCS/PGtF) is concerned, do you feel the Runepriest class from 4th Edition Player's Handbook II has enough flavor to substitute for, let's say, a Cleric/Runecaster from 3.X edition?

I think the runepriest pretty much fills any role the Runecaster would've made and it's mechanics work pretty well too. It could go as is.

quote:
    Originally posted by Matt James

I really like your work, Diffan!

Thanks and much appreciated!

But to be honest I've not play-tested more than have of these classes so I can't rate if they're over- or under-powered. So If you've found problems, or loop-holes through their features/powers to make the game un-balanced please let me know and I'll work towards making them better.

I should be making another one by the end of the week.
    Matt James Posted - 09 Sep 2010 : 16:46:55
    I really like your work, Diffan!
    Galuf the Dwarf Posted - 09 Sep 2010 : 16:12:13
    I was thinking, Diffan: As far as the Runecaster PrC (FRCS/PGtF) is concerned, do you feel the Runepriest class from 4th Edition Player's Handbook II has enough flavor to substitute for, let's say, a Cleric/Runecaster from 3.X edition?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000