Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 FR homebrew Paragon Path and Epic Destiny
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2009 :  03:03:48  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, I started this thread over at the Wizbro's site and I figured that those who don't patron there might find some use for it here. So enjoy. As always, constructive criticism is appreciated and welcomed.

P.S. I didn't know if this already existed or not, so sorry for starting a new thread if this is the case.

As I become more accustomed to the codes and whatnot here, I'll have a index made up. That way, you can just click on the Paragon Path or Epic Destiny you want without having to scroll though it all.

In addition, I hope others will feel free to post their own homebrew versions of Faerun (or non-Faerun) paragon path and epic destiny material.

First up:

ARCANE DEVOTEE
"The path to the divine need not rest solely on the shoulder of clerics and paladins for I have communed with my God and he grants me power!"

Prerequisites: Wizard class, trained in Religion, alignment must match your patron deity; must have a patron deity

ARCANE DEVOTEE PATH FEATURES
Divine Intelligence (11th level): You may add your Wisdom modifier as a bonus to your Arcane and Religion skill checks.
Reach of the Holy (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, until the end of your next turn, you may increase the area, blast, burst, or range of any spell you cast a number of squares equal to your Wisdom modifier.
Sacred Defense (11th level): You gain a +2 bonus to your saving throws against ongoing necrotic and radiant damage. This bonus increases to +4 at 21st level.
Divine Synergy (16th level): When you are the target of a power with the Healing keyword and the caster has the same alignment or patron deity as you, you may add an additional 2d6 to any healing you receive.

ARCANE DEVOTEE PRAYERS

Divine Blast; Arcane Devotee Attack 11
Divine radiance fills your palm and you strike out with your deity's power.
Encounter - Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action; Blast 3
Target: Each creature in blast
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + Intelligence modifier radiant damage, and the target is dazed until the end of it's next turn.

Divine Shroud; Arcane Devotee Utility 12
Spells of the divine heal you, the harmful effects warded off by your faith in your god.
Daily - Divine
Immediate Reaction; Personal
Trigger: You are hit by a ranged or area attack.
Effect: Treat the attack as if it missed. In addition, spend a healing surge. If you are at maximum hit points, instead gain an amount of temporary hit points equal to half your healing surge value.

Nimbus of Radiant Wrath; Arcane Devotee Attack 20
From the heavens strikes a beam of radiance, incinerating your foe and his allies around him.
Daily - Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action; Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 4d6 + Intelligence modifier radiant damage. In addition, the target takes ongoing 10 radiant damage (save ends) and each enemy within 5 squares of the target takes ongoing 5 radiant damage (save ends).
Miss: Half-damage and ongoing 5 radiant damage (save ends). Additional enemies take no damage.

EDIT: Increased the bonus gained from Sacred Defense. Added the alignment option for Divine Synergy, to make it more appealing to a broader array of allies. Reduced Divine Blast to 2d6 (revised further to 1d10). Reworded Divine Shroud so that it is covered under a broader area of attacks and cleaned up the wording in the effect. Reduced Nimbus of Holy Wrath to 4d6 damage.

Edited by - Diffan on 15 Jul 2011 13:05:55

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2009 :  11:23:47  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another (i'm just going to go in alphabetical order).

BATTLERAGER

Prerequisites: Dwarf, Power Attack feat, must be trained in Intimidate.

BATTLERAGER PATH FEATURES
Hammer Fist (11th level): You gain a +2 proficiency bonus with unarmed attacks and these attacks deal 1d6 + Strength modifier damage. If you use a spiked gauntlet, the proficiency bonus increases by +1 and the damage die increases to d8.
Gruff (11th level): Your rude, uncouth, and violent demeanor can make you an unsavory person when dealing with others. You receive a -2 penalty to all Charisma-based skill checks, except Intimidate. Battleragers receive a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks and once per encounter, may Intimidate in battle as a minor action.
Reckless Offensive (11th level): When you spend an action point to make an attack you may also take a -2 penalty to your AC until the beginning of your next turn. If you do you gain a +2 bonus to your next melee attack roll and the attack deals 1(W) extra damage and gains the rattling keyword.
Razor Vice (16th level): When you succeed on a grab attempt or an opponent succeeds on grabbing you, that enemy takes 3 + Strength modifier damage for as long as the grab is maintained. At 26th level, the damage increases to 5 + Strength modifier.

BATTLERAGER POWERS

Spearing Tackle; Battlerager Attack 11
Encounter - Rattling, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee weapon
Prerequisite: You must charge as part of this attack.
Primary Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 2(W) + 1d8 + Strength modifier damage, and the target is knocked prone. In addition, you provide combat advantage to all creatures that can see you.
Effect: You may attempt to grab the target
Free Action; Melee 1
Target: Same as primary target
Attack: Strength +2 vs. Reflex
Hit: The target is grabbed.

Kuldjargh Stance; Battlerager Utility 12
Daily - Stance
Minor Action; Personal
Effect: Until this stance ends, you ignore difficult terrain when you charge. In addition, while charging, you can move up to your speed + 5 squares and any attack you make deals additional damage equal to your Constitution modifier.

Bloodsoaked Charger; Battlerager Attack 20
Daily - Rattling, Weapon
Prerequisite: You must charge as part of this attack.
Primary Target: One creature designated at the end of your charge.
Primary Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 3(W) + Strength modifier damage, and the target is dazed (save ends) and knocked prone.
Miss: Half-damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Effect: You move your speed in a straight line originating from the start of your charge and make a secondary melee attack against each creature you pass. You may move through occupied squares. This movement may provoke opportunity attacks as normal.
Secondary Target: Each creature you pass during your movement.
Secondary Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1(W) + Strength modifier damage and each target is pushed 4 squares.
Miss: Half-damage, and each target is pushed 1 square.

EDIT: Removed the barbarian as a prerequisite and left it for all dwarves to use. Reduce Gruff's penalty to Charisma-based skills to -2. Reduced the penalty to Reckless Offensive to -2. Reduced the damage from Razor Vice from 5 to 3 and from 10 to 5 at 21st level. Removed the AC penalty from spearing tackle, figured it grants combat advantage was hard enough. Removed the "Rage" part of Bloodsoaked Charger and clarified the "Requirement" line.

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 12:44:53
Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2009 :  16:07:17  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya know i dont play 4th ed but id have to say they look pretty good, just from a rules standpoint. Plus i think you did a good job including a little fluff here and their. Nice job :)

Its simple really, Your an idiot and I'm simply a figment of your imagination
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2009 :  22:29:35  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randal_Dundragon

Ya know i dont play 4th ed but id have to say they look pretty good, just from a rules standpoint. Plus i think you did a good job including a little fluff here and their. Nice job :)

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Here's another:

BLACK FLAME ZEALOT
"We are the blade of the Firelord's faith."

Prerequisite: Avenger, assassin, or cleric and rogue; proficient with the Kukri; non-good alignment, and must worship Kossuth

The Order of the Black Flame is a secret society of holy slayers devoted to the worship of Kossuth. The society started in Thay but has branched out to other areas of Faerun to spread the word of Kossuth and eliminate those who give offence to the Lord of Flame.

BLACK FLAME ZEALOT PATH FEATURES
Sacred Flame (11th level): When you spend an action point to gain an extra action, until the end of your next turn, any attack you make gains the fire keyword and deals an additional 1d8 fire damage. At 21st level, this damage increases to 2d8.
Unholy Immolation (11th level): When you drop a creature to 0 hp or less, each enemy within 5 squares of that creature takes fire damage equal to half you level.
Zealous Heart (16th level): You gain a +5 bonus to saving throws against fear effects.

BLACK FLAME ZEALOT PRAYERS

Flames of Faith; Black Flame Zealot Attack 11
You sear your enemies with the power and strength of your faith in Kossuth
Encounter - Divine, Fire, Implement
Standard Action; Ranged 5
Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: 2d6 + Wisdom modifier fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Fateful Stride; Black Flame Zealot Utility 12
A gate wreathed in flames opens in front of you, allowing you to teleport a short distance.
Daily - Divine, Teleportation
Move Action Personal
Effect: Teleport 10 squares. You can't take other creatures with you.

Zealot's Assault; Black Flame Zealot Attack 20
With your unquestionable conviction in Kossuth, you lash out at the order's foes
Daily - Divine, Weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a kukri
Target: One bloodied creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 4(W) + Dexterity and Wisdom modifier damage and the target is weakened (save ends) and marked until the end of the encounter.
Miss: Half-damage, and the target is weakened and marked until the end of your next turn.

EDIT: They're going to be putting out a new "Class Acts: Assassin" article in Dragon #401 titled Black Flame Zealot. So that all trumphs my stuff here and I don't see a drastic need to change it.
EDIT 2: Ok, decided to at least change Zealot's Assault. Removed the effect line and placed it under Hit (so it only triggers with a successful attack). Added the Marked condition on the Miss line. Everything else seems ok.

Edited by - Diffan on 11 Jul 2011 14:09:41
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  00:50:02  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And another:

NOTE: that this was a collection of ideas from various people over at the Wizbro site so it's not totally my own or (i'm thinking) will it be as good as the variant coming out hopefully soon. Usually "official" versions are better IMO.

BLADESINGER
"With blade and spell, my foe, I shall fell"

Prerequisites: Swordmage class; eladrin, elf, or half-elf, proficiency with chainmail

El'tael, or Bladesingers, are elves who have blended art, swordplay, and arcane magic into a harmonious whole. Their rigorous training and constant studying have made them some of the finest protectors and warriors of the elven realms. In battle, a bladesinger's lithe movements and subtle tactics seem beautiful, belying their deadly martial efficiency. They serve as champions to their community and their station is well respected.

BLADESINGER PATH FEATURES
Bladesinger's Sword (11th level): When you cast a spell with the Arcane keyword, until the end of your next turn you deal additional damage equal to one-half your level with your next basic melee attack.
Bladesong Style (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you also add your Dexterity modifier to the attack roll of any of your attacks this turn.
Bladesong Adept (16th level): You receive a +1 bonus to AC and Reflex defenses while wearing chainmail. In addition, you ignore all armor check penalties and speed restrictions while wearing chainmail. At 26th level, the bonus to AC and Reflex defenses increases to +2.

BLADESINGER SPELLS

Song of Fury; Bladesinger Attack 11
As you sing out the words of this spell, you attack your foe with fury.
Encounter - Arcane, Weapon
Standard Action; Melee Weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a light or heavy blade in one hand (and nothing in the other).
Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
Hit: 2(W) + Intelligence modifier damage. Make a secondary attack against the same or different target.
Secondary Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
Hit: 1(W) damage. If both attacks hit the same target, the target takes ongoing damage equal to your Intelligence modifier (save ends).

Song of Celerity; Bladesinger Utility 12
A few quick musical notes bring your focus into view and gives speed to your spells.
Encounter - Arcane
Free Action; Personal
Special: You can use this power a number of times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1).
Effect: You expend one healing surge (but regain no hit points). Until the end of your turn, use one arcane power that requires a standard action as a minor action.

Spellsong; Bladesinger Attack 20
While in tune with the spellsong, expended eldritch energies reform, allowing you to use them again.
Daily - Arcane, Stance, Weapon
Minor Action; Personal
Requirement: You must be wielding a light or heavy blade in one hand (and nothing in the other).
Effect: You assume the Spellsong stance. While this stance is in effect, when you score a critical hit, you regain t he use of one arcane attack power of your choice.
Once during this encounter, you can make the following weapon attack while you are in this stance.
Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
Hit: 4(W) + Intelligence modifier damage, and ongoing 10 damage (save ends). You may then teleport a number of squares equal to your Dexterity modifier and repeat this attack against a second opponent. You must end your movement in an unoccupied square.

EDIT: The new Neverwinter Campaign Guide is debuting a new Bladesinger class, which I feel probably renders this obsolete as well.

Edited by - Diffan on 09 Jul 2011 04:00:46
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  03:50:37  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another conversion from the Player's Guide to Faerun 3.5 book:

EVERESKAN TOMB GUARDIAN
"I shall hunt you down to the ends of Toril, and Abier if need be, to retrieve that which belongs to The People."

Prerequisites: Eladrin, elf, or half-elf; affiliated with Evereska; must be trained in Stealth

In tombs and crypts scattered around the region of Evereska lay the elves most honored dead. These tombs also contain priceless heirlooms and powerful magic crafted by the elves of old, for which people try to plunder. The Evereskan tomb guardian is there to ensure that the defenses of these tombs remain intact. Each tomb guardian has sworn an oath to track down grave robbers to the ends of Faerun, and beyond, and never to rest until the defilers have been slain.

EVERESKAN TOMB GUARDIAN PATH FEATURES
Sacred Duty (11th level): You gain a +2 bonus to your Insight, Perception, and Stealth skill checks made inside the region of Evereska and when pursuing a robber of an Evereskan tomb. This increases to +4 at 21st level.
Devoted Pursuit (11th level): When pursuing a robber of an Evereskan tomb, you receive a +2 bonus to any attack and damage rolls you make against the tomb robber.
Tomb Guardian Tactics (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you and your allies within 5 squares gain concealment until the end of your next turn.
Pursuer's Vindication (16th level): You can score a critical hit on a roll of 19-20 against a robber of an Evereskan tomb. In addition, your allies gain combat advantage against the tomb robber if the robber is marked.

EVERESKAN TOMB GUARDIAN EXPLOITS

Pursuer's Lure; Evereskan Tomb Guardian Attack 11
You lash your opponent with a leash of force, granted by powers of the Fey, to bring him closer to you.
Encounter - Force, Implement or Weapon
Attack: Your highest Ability vs. AC
Hit: 2d8 + your highest ability modifier damage and the target is pulled 5 squares toward you. If the target is a robber of an Evereskan tomb, it is also Slowed (save ends).
Effect: The target is marked until the end of your next turn.
Special: You may use the enchancement bonus of any weapon or impleemnt you are proficient with to attack and damage rolls of this power.

Silent Guardian; Evereskan Tomb Guardian Utility 12
You attune yourself to the look and sounds of your surroundings.
Daily - Zone
Standard Action; Close burst 10
Effect: The burst creates a zone that, until the end of the encounter, gives you a +5 bonus to Perception and Stealth checks and combat advantage against any enemy within the zone in the first round of combat plus any attacks on a suprise round.

Vengeful Mark; Evereskan Tomb Guardian Attack 20
Your mere presence is damaging to your quarry and you mark it with a word of power.
Daily - Fear, Implement or Weapon
Attack: Your highest Ability vs. AC
Hit: 4(W) + your highest Ability modifier psychic damage. If the target is a robber of an Evereskan tomb, it is also marked and takes ongoing 10 psychic damage (save ends).
Miss: Half-damage and the target is marked. It takes no ongoing damage.
Special: You may use the enchancement bonus of any weapon or impleemnt you are proficient with to attack and damage rolls of this power.

EDIT: Removed the Martial power source. Reduced Sacred Duty to +2 but increased it to +4 at 21st level. Reduced Devoted Persuit to +2 bonus to damage and attack rolls. Removed the Str, Con, Dex choice and just allowed them to use their highest ability modifier. Added the choice of Implement or Weapon to attack/damage rolls clause. Added a new Effect line for Pursuer's Lure which Marks a target regardless of hit or miss. Increased the range Pursuer's Lure pulls to 5 squares instead of 3. Silent Guardian is now only Burst 10 and the Combat Advantage ability is only gained during the first round of combat and anyone who acts on a suprise round. Vengeful Mark now marks on a Miss.

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 12:49:17
Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  07:15:46  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Must say if these had been in the Player's Guide in 4th ed. I would have been more apt to play it instead of just roll my eyes and shelf it under "never-going-to-take-seriously". Good work on that stand point.

Another thing I like is that you put some thought into each class and they don't overlap too much. Giving their own niche or role that can't be simply filled by another Path. The only one that slightly overlaps with one currently in the book is the Shield Guardian Coronal Guard Swordmage, but I like your title Bladesinger sounds better and is much more fitting then the one in the book. Plus it allows for either a Guardian or Assault aegis to use instead of just one or the other.

Aside from that it they are all well-balanced and thought out in the conversions. Keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  13:41:26  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ghost King

Must say if these had been in the Player's Guide in 4th ed. I would have been more apt to play it instead of just roll my eyes and shelf it under "never-going-to-take-seriously". Good work on that stand point.

Another thing I like is that you put some thought into each class and they don't overlap too much. Giving their own niche or role that can't be simply filled by another Path. The only one that slightly overlaps with one currently in the book is the Shield Guardian Coronal Guard Swordmage, but I like your title Bladesinger sounds better and is much more fitting then the one in the book. Plus it allows for either a Guardian or Assault aegis to use instead of just one or the other.

Aside from that it they are all well-balanced and thought out in the conversions. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I think the hardest part about converting the 3.5 stuff is making it unique to the other paragon paths that are in core. Fluff can only go so far in the rule-set of 4e and when it comes down to it, you want to use a paragon path that has good mechanics. I'm trying to incorporate both.

This next one was a bit tougher to convert because of how diverse it was in 3.5. Enjoy!

HATHRAN
"Spirits of Rashemen, lend me your power!"

Prerequisites: Any arcane, divine, or primal class; female affiliated with Rasheman.

You are among the Hathran, a semi-secretive sisterhood that rules the frozen nation of Rashemen. Your magical powers stem from the land itself, because of your position as protector and steward of Rashemen. Hathran are both respected and feared by all Rashemi, due to their mystic ties.

HATHRAN PATH FEATURES
Awe of the Wychlaran (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, enemies within burst 5 take a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn. If they are affiliated with Rasheman or Thay, the penalty is increased to -4.
Other-worldly Speech (11th level): You have the ability to speak to and understand any creature with the elemental, fey, or shadow origin. You also receive a +5 bonus to Arcana checks to discover knowledge about them.
Spirit Magic (16th level): When first bloodied in an encounter, you may cast any encounter power accessible to your class as an immediate reaction. This power must be an attack but does not need to be prepared or one that you have specifically chosen to fill an encounter power slot.

HATHRAN SPELLS

Flashburst; Hathran Attack 11
You release a dazzling burst of light and thunder that stuns your foes
Encounter - Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Standard Action; Area burst 1 within 10 squares
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier thunder damage
Effect: Each creature is blinded and dazed until the end of your next turn.
Special: You must select Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma when using this power. Once selected, it can never change

Land Womb; Hathran Utility 12
The earth opens up and swallows you whole, allowing you to remain safe as you move a short distance away.
Encounter - Arcane, Teleportation
Immediate Interrupt; Personal
Trigger: Hit with a melee attack
Effect: Teleport through and across the ground a number of squares equal to your Wisdom modifier then reappear. Treat the area you left (burst 1) as difficult terrain.

Wychlaran Binding; Hathran Attack 20
As words to the spell flow, you summon mighty elementals to do your bidding.
Daily - Arcane, Implement, Summoning; Varies
Standard Action; Ranged 20
Effect: You summon a large elemental in an unoccupied 2-square-by-2-square space within range. The elemental has a reach of 2 and a speed of 5. It has a +5 bonus to AC and +5 to Fortitude. When summoning the elemental, choose either Cold, Fire, Lightning, or Thunder. This determines the damage dealt by the elemental. You can give the elemental the following commands.

--Standard Action: Melee 2; targets one or two creatures; Intelligence +2, Wisdom +2, or Charisma +2 vs. AC; 4d6 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier damage, and the target is knocked prone.

-- Opportunity Action: Melee 1; targets one creature; Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma vs. Reflex; 1d8 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier damage. In addition, if an enemy adjacent to the elemental makes a melee attack that doesn't include the elemental as a target, the elemental can make an opportunity attack against that enemy after the enemy's attack is resolved.

-- Minor Action (2/encounter): You may teleport the elemental to an unoccupied 2-square-by-2-square space within range.

Alternative 11th level Attack:

Spirit Assault; Hathran attack 11
You call upon the nearby nature spirits to rise up and attack your foes.
Encounter - Implement, Primal, Psychic, Spirit
Standard Action; Burst 3 within 10 squares
Hit: 3d6+ Intelligence , Wisdom, or Charisma modifier Psychic Damage
Sustain Standard: You can move the burst to another area within 10 squares of you and make another attack
Special: you may only sustain this power twice, if you sustain it twice, this power can not be used until you take an extended rest. In addition, you must select Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma when using this power. Once selected, it can never change.

EDIT: Increased the penalty enemies of Rasheman receive to -4. Reworded Spirit Magic to only work once in an encounter upon being bloodied. Reduced the damage Flashburst does to 1d6 and reduced the area to Burst 1 within 10.

Edited by - Diffan on 09 Jul 2011 04:18:12
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  14:01:11  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another conversion from the PGtF book. Because Tyr is no longer there, Torm had to take up his mantle of Justice and now his clergy are strong through out the Realms.

HOLY CHAMPION
"For justice and duty! For Torm!"

Prerequisite: Paladin; lawful good or good alignment, must worship Torm

You are a servant of the god of justice, honor, and truthfulness. As a holy champion, you embody the very principals of law and order. You train and hone your skills to be the very elite in Torm's church. In battle, you meet your foes head on, using your strength in arms to devastating effect. While off the field, you use your sound moral judgment in character to aid your allies as well as learn the laws of many lands.

HOLY CHAMPION PATH FEATURES
Bureaucratic Knowledge (11th level): Add your Wisdom modifier to all your Diplomacy and History skill checks.
Smite Anarchy (11th level): Evil and chaotic evil creatures subjected to your divine challenge, divine sanction, or Righteous Radiance receive an additional 2 damage when they trigger the effect. At 21st level, the damage increases to 3.
Loyal Fury's Boon (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you and adjacent allies gain a +2 bonus to AC until the end of your next turn and temporary hit points equal to half your level plus your Wisdom modifier.
Aura of Law (16th level): While you are bloodied, you emit a lawful aura 3. Allies within the aura gain a +1 bonus to attacks and immunity to Fear. This effect ends when you become unconscious.

HOLY CHAMPION PRAYERS

Blade of Justice; Holy Champion Attack 11
The business end of your weapon glows with holy light, stunning the most evil of your foes.
Encounter - Divine, Weapon
Standard Action; Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Strength vs. AC, one attack per target
Hit: 1(W) + Strength modifier damage, and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.
If the target is evil or chaotic evil, it is also effected by your divine sanction until the end of your next turn. If you have the Defender's Aura utility power, you may use Righteous Radiance as a Free Action effect against one target in the burst.

Order's Calm; Holy Champion Utility 12
The calming effect of order helps release you from dangerous perils.
Encounter - Divine
Minor Action; Personal
Effect: Make a saving throw against an ongoing effect of your choice and add your Wisdom modifier to the roll. In addition, you may expend one healing surge.

Strike of Absolute Law; Holy Champion Attack 20
You strike down your foe with every ounce of justice you can muster.
Daily - Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Hit: 4(W) + Strength modifier radiant damage plus ongoing 5 radiant damage (save ends).
If the target is evil or chaotic evil, it is also weakened and subjected to your divine sanction until the end of your next turn.
Miss: Half-damage and the target is subjected to your divine sanction until the end of your next turn. If you have the Defender's Aura utility power, you may use Righteous Radiance as a Free Action against the target until the end of your next turn.
Effect: You and each of your allies within 10 squares gain Resist 5 all until the end of your next turn.

EDIT: Changed Smite Anarchy to incorporate the Cavalier's Righteous Radiance power. Reduced Loyal Fury's Boon to a +2 bonus. Changed Blade of Justice and Strike of Absolute Law to incorporate the Cavalier's Defender's Aura and Righteous Radiance powers.

Edited by - Diffan on 09 Jul 2011 04:37:08
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  14:24:10  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looking good

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  14:58:16  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

looking good

Much thanks!

Here's a Paragon Path for those fey PCs who don't much care for the well being of others.

JUSTICE OF WEALD AND WOE
"The more you cut down my forest, the more I cut down your friends!"

Prerequisites: Ranger, eladrin or elf; any non-good alignment, must be trained in Stealth, must be a member of the Eldreth Veluuthra.

JUSTICE OF WEALD AND WOE PATH FEATURES
Lucky Shot (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, until the end of your next turn, you receive a +2 bonus to any ranged attack rolls using a bow.
Steady Hand (11th level): While wearing light or no armor, you are allowed to fire a bow in melee without provoking opportunity attacks.
Sniper's Stance (16th level): When your bloodied, increase the damage done by your Hunter's Quarry class feature to the next highest die. In addition, add your Wisdom modifier to any damage rolls used by a bow. This condition ends when you fall unconscious.

JUSTICE OF WEALD AND WOE EXPLOITS

Arrowsplit; Justice of Weald and Woe Attack 11
As your arrow flies towards you foe, it splits into multiple projectiles, hitting several times.
Encounter - Martial, Weapon
Standard Action; Ranged weapon
Target: One creature, two, or three creatures
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC, make 3 attacks.
Hit: 1(W) + Dexterity modifier damage per attack

Justice's Rejuvenation; Justice of Weald and Woe Utility 12
Your conviction rejuvenates you as you watch your enemies fall.
Encounter - Martial, Healing
Immediate Reaction; Personal
Trigger: One of your ranged attacks drops an enemy to 0 hit points or fewer
Effect: You may spend a healing surge and add your Wisdom modifier to the hit points gained or make a saving throw with a bonus equal to your Wisdom modifier.

Darkflame Arrow; Justice of Weald and Woe Attack 20
Black flames spew from your arrow, catching your foe on caustic fire and sending him up in flames.
Daily - Martial, Necrotic, Weapon
Standard Action; Ranged weapon
Hit: 4(W) + Dexterity modifier damage plus 2d6 necrotic damage. In addition, the target takes an additional ongoing 10 necrotic damage (save ends).
Miss: Half-damage and no ongoing damage.
Special: This attack ignores any Necrotic resistance.

EDIT: Removed the Archery-Style requirment. Reduced Lucky Shot's bonus to +2 but made it useful for any bow being used. Steady Hand now applies to any bow being used. Sniper's Stance now applies to any bow. Arrow split can now target 3 creatures instead of 3 attacks vs. one target. Darkflame Arrow ignores Necrotic resistance.

Edited by - Diffan on 09 Jul 2011 04:49:41
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2009 :  04:11:30  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heres one where I took one of those substitute class features in the CoV and turned it into it's own paragon path.

KNIGHT OF THE RED FALCON
"Strength in steel and spell is good, but tactics will always determine victory or defeat."

Prerequisites: Paladin; must worship Tempus's exarch, the Red Knight.

Before the Spellplague, this small militaristic organization housed just over fifty members. Now, it has over fourteen hundred official knights that spread over most of Amn, Baldur's Gate, The North, and the Western Heartlands. Though the motivations of these knights differ as some strive for personal gain while others defend the weak, their strength in strategy and tactics on the battlefield mark them as exceptional commanders. As good as they are leading, their strength in arms and their devotion to the Red Knight (and more importantly) to Tempus, make them powerful allies in any party.

KNIGHT OF THE RED FALCON PATH FEATURES
Defensive Maneuvering (11th level): You gain a +1 bonus to your armor class when you are adjacent to more than one enemy. (Helpless enemies don't count towards this benefit). At 21st level, this bonus increases to +2.
Brilliant Strategy (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you gain a bonus to your non-armor defenses equal to your Charisma modifier until the end of your next turn.
Inspiring Courage (16th level): When you become bloodied, you and allies within 5 squares of you gain a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls. In addition, you gain 1d8 + Charisma modifier temporary hit points.

KNIGHT OF THE RED FALCON PRAYERS

Tactical Charge; Knight of the Red Falcon Attack 11
You roar in defiance as you charge your foe, drawing the eyes of other enemies and allowing your allies to move into position for a better attack.
Encounter - Divine, Weapon
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Special: You must charge as part of this attack
Hit: 2(W) + Charisma modifier damage.
Effect: Each ally than can see or hear you may shift 1 square and gain a bonus equal to your Wisdom modifier on opportunity attacks and attacks against enemies they have combat advantage against.

Strategic Focus; Knight of the Red Falcon Utility 12
With a sweeping arc of your weapon, you point out the most fearsome of your enemies, marking well it's position so your allies can strike.
Daily - Divine
Minor Action; Ranged 5
Special: A target within range must be marked
Effect: As long as the target remains marked, allies within 10 squares of you gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to your Wisdom modifier and combat advantage against the marked target.

Castigating Smite; Knight of the Red Falcon Attack 20
With a battle cry to Tempus, you strike your enemy and a burst of radiant energy scythes through those who stand against you.
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 4(W) + Charisma modifier radiant damage
Effect: Each enemy other than the primary target within 10 squares takes radiant damage equal to your Charisma modifier and is subjected to your divine sanction. If you have the Defender's Aura utility power, one creature within 10 squares can be treated as being under that effect and can trigger your Righeous Radiance power as a Free Acion. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1 round).
Miss: Half-damage, enemies other than the primary target are subjected to your divine sanction or Defender's Aura until the end of your next turn.

EDIT: Didn't see too much to change here. Added in a new clause in Castigating Smite to help out Cavaliers and the Utilty power can still be used if there's another character in the party that can Mark an opponent like a Fighter.

Edited by - Diffan on 09 Jul 2011 05:13:51
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2009 :  03:08:21  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another conversion, this one from the Silver Marches supplement:

KNIGHT-ERRANT OF SILVERYMOON
“We are all that stand between victory and ruin for Silverymoon.”

Prerequisites: Fighter, Paladin, or Warlord; affiliated with Luruar; must have the Mounted Combat feat.

Even though the Lady Alustriel is gone, the city of Silverymoon is still a beacon of hope for the region of Lurue. Charged with the safety for this region are fighting force called the Knights in Silver. This elite group of warriors is called upon to undertake dangerous missions like reconnaissance and disaster relief as well as be a diplomat between the various cities.

KNIGHT-ERRANT OF SILVERYMOON PATH FEATURES
Homeland (11th level): You receive a +2 bonus to Diplomacy, Insight, Nature, and Stealth skill checks within the city of Silverymoon or within fifty miles of its walls. At 21st level, the range increases to one-hundred miles of Silverymoon’s walls.
Valorous Surge (11th level): When you spend an action point after making a charge attack, each ally within 5 squares of you may automatically make a charge attack as a free action. This does not provoke opportuinity attacks.
Expert Rider (11th level): You are not impeded by difficult terrain while mounted.
Loyal Heart (16th level): You and allies within 5 squares of you receive a +2 bonus to saving throws within the walls of Silverymoon or within fifty miles of its walls. As 21st level, the range increases to one-hundred miles of Silverymoon’s walls.

KNIGHT-ERRANT OF SILVERYMOON POWERS

Sworn Enemy; Knight-Errant of Silverymoon Attack 11
You point you weapon at the target and denounce him as a foe to the nation of Luruar.
Encounter - Martial, Weapon
Hit: 2(W) + Strength modifier damage, and the target grants combat advantage to your allies (save ends).

Faultless Navigation; Knight-Errant of Silverymoon Utility 12
Your constant study of maps and terrain gives you knowledge of the most hidden paths and ways throughout the region.
Encounter
Minor Action; Personal
Effect: You gain a +5 power bonus to any one skill for the duration of a skill challenge regarding direction or navigation within a forest, plain, or mountainous region.

Knightly Assault; Knight-Errant of Silverymoon Attack 20
You attack your foes with the strength and hope of your beloved city as it dazzles them and inspires your allies.
Daily - Martial, Healing, Weapon
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Strengt vs. AC (one attack per target)
Hit: 2(W) + Strength modifier damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
Miss: Half-damage.
Effect: Yourself and each ally within 3 squares can use a healing surge and adds your Charisma modifier to the result.

EDIT: completly changed Fast March to Valorous Surge because the Action-Point feature was practically worthless in combat and not many people want to spend their AP on a non-combative ability. Renamed Knightly Surge to Knightly Assault to put some difference between the class feature and class power. Reduced Knightly Assault to 2(W) because a 3(W) burst with dazing effects is really powerful. Took out the Dazing on a Miss.

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 13:36:44
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  03:22:19  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SHADOW ADEPT
"The shadows come to my beck and call."

Prerequisites: Cleric, Invoker, or Wizard; must worship Shar or have a Wisdom score of 15 or higher.

SHADOW ADEPT FEATURES
Shadow Defense (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you also add one-half your level to all your defenses until the beginning of your next turn.
Insidious Magic (11th level): When you use an attack power with the Implement keyword, you may add the Fear or Necrotic keyword as well. In addition, any attack power you use with the Cold keyword deals additional ongoing cold damage equal to your Wisdom modifier (save ends).
Shadow Blast (16th level): When you first become bloodied in an encounter, enemies within 10 squares of you take 10 ongoing cold damage and are slowed (save ends).

SHADOW ADEPT SPELLS

Darkbolt; Shadow Adept Attack 11
A bolt of black power springs forth from your hand, hitting your target and showering other foes with dark matter.
Encounter - Arcane, Cold, Implement
Primary Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligence or Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + Intelligence or Wisdom modifier cold damage and the target is weakened. Make a secondary attack
Secondary Target: Each enemy within 5 squares of the primary target
Secondary Attack: Intelligence or Wisdom vs. Reflex
Secondary Hit: Intelligence or Wisdom modifier cold damage and targets are weakened until the end of your next turn

Shadow Shield; Shadow Adept Utility 12
A globe of shadow engulfs you, protecting you from harm.
Daily - Arcane
Minor Action; Personal
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses, concealment, and resist 10 cold and fire damage.

Shadow Well; Shadow Adept Attack 20
A pit of darkness opens up beneath your enemies, dropping them into the Shadowfell. They emerge dazzled and frightened.
Daily - Arcane, Cold, Fear, Implement, Teleportation
Standard Action; Area burst 2 within 20 squares
Target: Each creature within burst
Attack: Intelligence or Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: 4d8 + Intelligence or Wisdom modifier cold damage, and the targets disappear into the Shadowfell until the end of your next turn. The targets return to the same squares they left, or the nearest unoccupied square, and are stunned.
Miss: Half damage and the targets disappear into the shadowfell.

EDIT: Darkbolt's primary damage is reduced to 2d6 but now weakens on a hit. Secondary hit was reduced to ability score damage plus weakened. Shadow Well's Miss line now makes missed targets still disappear.

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 14:32:25
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  14:02:40  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Diffan, are you going to do a "Spurlord" Paragon Path?

Just wondering. If not thanks anyway, this scroll is great.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  22:24:43  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Diffan, are you going to do a "Spurlord" Paragon Path?

Ask and ye shall receive:

SPUR LORD

Prerequisites: Any martial class, any non-good alignment; must worship Cyric

SPUR LORD PATH FEATURES
Implement of Liars (11th level): You may use a holy symbol when using prayers of the Spur Lord.
Dark Bond (11th level): You gain resist 10 to any attacks that originates from a worshipper of Cyric and gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against necrotic, radiant, and fear effects.
Secret Blade (11th level): You have the ability to magically hide any one handed weapon or item weighing no more than six pounds. Only one item can be concealed in this manner and you can cause the item to reappear in either hand as a free action.
Flesh of the Prince (16th level): The first time you become bloodied in an encounter, the unholy aura of Cyric infuses you with dark power. The weapon you currently wield gains the flaming ability (trailing dark flames), you gain a +2 bonus to your non-armor defenses, and deal an additional 1d6 damage with any melee Martial power. This effect ends when you are no longer bloodied, become unconscious, or fall to 0 hit points or fewer. When this effect ends you lose one healing surge, or if no surges remain, immediately drop to 0 hit points.

SPUR LORD PRAYERS

Dark Flames; Spur Lord Attack 11
You invoke Cyric’s name and black, necrotic flames burst forth from your hands.
Attack: Your highest Ability vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + your highest Ability modifier fire necrotic damage, and takes ongoing 5 fire necrotic damage (save ends)

Cyric's Glory; Spur Lord Utility 12
With a quick prayer to the Lord of Lies, you gain more power.
Daily - Divine
Minor Action; Personal
Effect: Until the end of the encounter or for 5 minutes, you can increase your presence and determination by gaining a +4 power bonus to Charisma and a +2 bonus to Will defense.

Skull Eyes; Spur Lord Attack 20
Your pupils change to small skulls and with their power, attack foes with fear.
Daily - Divine, Fear, Psychic
Standard Action; Close burst 5
Targets: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Your highest Ability vs. Will
Hit: 4d10 + your highest Ability modifier psychic damage and each creature treats any attacks against you as if they were weakened for the duration of the encounter.
Miss: Half-damage and each creature takes a penalty to damage rolls against you equal to your Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier.

EDIT: Changed Dark Bond to be resistance to attacks from followers of Cyric instead of Immunity to a specific power source (since most monsters dont use power sources). Changed Dark Fire and Skull Eyes's attacks so you can use your highest ability modifier instead Int, Wis, or Cha.

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 14:47:55
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2009 :  03:14:49  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another, though it's not of my own design. Once the WotC site is back up, i'll edit in the designer's name.

SILVERMAID

Requirement: Paladin, lay on hands feature, must have Eyes of Selune Feat, Female

Silvermaidens are worshippers of Lurue, the Unicorn Exarch of Selune. Often found along side Unicorn Mounts, the Silvermaids are among the higher ranks of the Cult of the Lion and Unicorn. They tend to the wilderness, tending to help people who dream of better things, and taking quests at a whim.

SILVERMAID PATH FEATURES
Lurue’s Blessing (11th Level): You may spend an action point to remove all Save Ends conditions upon you or an ally within 10 squares.
Unicorn Blood (11th Level): You gain Resist 10 Poison (Increase to Resist 15 Poison at Level 21). In addition, you gain a +2 bonus to your Endurance checks improve your condition on any disease track.
Unicorn’s Touch (16th Level): Whenever You use Lay on Hands, they heal an additional amount of hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier.

SILVERMAID PRAYERS

Alicorn Lance; Silvermaid Attack 11
Encounter - Divine, Implement
Standard Action; Range 10
Target: One Creature
Attack: Wisdom +2 vs. AC
Hit: 3d6 + Wisdom modifier damage
Effect: Until end of your next turn, the target glows with a light. If the creature goes invisible, it can instantly be found, but attacks against it still take a -5 penalty.

Dance of the Unicorns; Silvermaid Utility 12
Daily - Divine
Move Action; Personal
Effect: Until End of Encounter, you may teleport your speed instead of taking a normal move action. In addition, you gain a +1 Power Bonus to AC until the end of encounter.

Split the Charge; Silvermaid Attack 20
Target: One Creature
Hit: 3(W) + Strength modifier radiant damage. Teleport up to 5 + Wisdom modifier squares and you may select an adjacent creature for a secondary attack.
Secondary Attack: Strength vs. Reflex
Secondary Hit: 1(W) + Strength modifier radiant damage.
Miss: Half Damage, and no Teleport or Secondary Attack
Special: When charging, you may use this power in place of a melee basic attack.

EDIT: Changed the special line for Split the Charge to the end of the power. Changed the secondary hit damage to 1(W).

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 14:53:52
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2009 :  04:03:33  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

quote:

Diffan, are you going to do a "Spur lord" Paragon Path?

Ask and ye shall receive:

SPUR LORD

Prerequisites: Any martial class, any non-good alignment; must worship Cyric

SPUR LORD PATH FEATURES
Implement of Liars (11th level): You may use a holy symbol when using prayers of the Spur Lord.
Dark Bond (11th level): You are immune to any harmful effects from powers with the Divine keyword that originates from a worshipper of Cyric and gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against ongoing effects from divine powers.
Secret Blade (11th level): You have the ability to magically hide any one handed weapon or item weighing no more than six pounds. Only one item can be concealed in this manner and you can cause the item to reappear in either hand as a free action.
Flesh of the Prince (16th level): The first time you become bloodied in an encounter, the unholy aura of Cyric infuses you with dark power. The weapon you currently wield gains the flaming ability (trailing dark flames), you gain a +2 bonus to your defenses, and deal an additional 2d6 damage with any melee Martial power. This effect ends when you are no longer bloodied, become unconscious, or fall to 0 hit points or fewer. When this effect ends you lose one healing surge, or if no surges remain, immediately drop to 0 hit points.

SPUR LORD PRAYERS

Dark Flames; Spur Lord Attack 11
You invoke Cyric’s name and black, necrotic flames burst forth from your hands.
Attack: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +2, or Charisma +2 vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier fire necrotic damage, and takes ongoing 5 fire necrotic damage (save ends)
Special: You must select Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma when using this power. Once selected, it can never change.

Cyric's Glory; Spur Lord Utility 12
With a quick prayer to the Lord of Lies, you gain more power.
Daily - Divine
Minor Action; Personal
Effect: Until the end of the encounter or for 5 minutes, you can increase your presence and determination by gaining a +4 power bonus to Charisma and a +2 bonus to Will defense.

Skull Eyes; Spur Lord Attack 20
Your pupils change to small skulls and with their power, attack foes with fear.
Daily - Divine, Fear, Psychic
Standard Action; Close burst 5
Targets: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +2, or Charisma +2 vs. Will
Hit: 4d10 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier psychic damage and each creature treats any attacks against you as if they were weakened for the duration of the encounter.
Miss: Half-damage and each creature takes a penalty to damage rolls against you equal to your Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier.
Special: You must select Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma when using this power. Once selected, it can never change.

Insert Dancing smilie. Looks good.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2009 :  03:45:30  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a conversion from the Lost Empires of Faerun supplement:

SUNMASTER
"Amaunator, God of the eternal sun, grant me thy fiery power!"

Prerequisites: Any divine class, any non-evil alignment; must worship Amaunator

Sunmasters are the enforcing members of Amaunator's church. Before the Spellplague, they were a sect of within the church of Lathander, and though they served Lathander faithfully for fifteen centuries, their doctrinal differences with the rest of the Morninglord's clergy created a schism. That rift has now been closed with the coming of Amaunator's noontime reign. Now, both ideals of the church have come together to forge a new light within the growing darkness that has covered Faerun.

SUNMASTER PATH FEATURES
Brilliant Eyes (11th level): Your eyes glow with the brilliant orange color of the sun. You can see in any sort of magical darkness. In addition, you gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against blinded effects.
Embrace the Sun (11th level): Your link to the sun gives you increasing resistance to it's fire. You gain resist 10 fire. At 21st level, you gain immunity to fire.
Radiant offensive (11th level): When you spend an action point to make an attack, the target gains vulnerability 5 to radiant and fire damage until the end of your next turn.
Sunform (16th level): Whenever you become bloodied, your body radiates the heat of the sun. You radiate bright illumination for 10 squares and each enemy adjacent to you takes 10 fire damage. In addition, any melee attack you make deals additional 5 fire damage. This ability lasts until you are no longer bloodied, fall unconscious, or die.

SUNMASTER PRAYERS

Fiery Vision; Sunmaster Attack 11
A flash of light bursts from your eyes, searing your opponents.
Encounter - Divine, Fire, Implement, Radiant
Target: One or two creatures
Hit: 2d8 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier fire radiant damage, and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.
If the creature is undead or has vulnerability to fire or radiance, it also takes ongoing 5 fire or radiant damage (save ends).

Radiant Distraction; Sunmaster Utility 12
Calling on the power of Amaunator, you summon a small glowing spirit that distracts your enemies.
Encounter - Divine, Summoning
Minor Action; Ranged 5
Effect: You summon a divine spirit to threaten your enemy, providing you or an ally with the benefit of a flanking position. You can use this to place the spirit in any unoccupied space within range. The spirit threatens all enemies within its reach. The spirit cannot take actions and gives off light equal to that of a torch. This effect lasts until the end of your next turn.

Sun Bolt; Sunmaster Attack 20
A ray of blinding sunlight bursts from your hand, blasting your foes to the ground.
Daily - Divine, Fire, Implement, Radiant
Hit: 4d10 + Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma modifier fire radiant damage.
Miss: Half-damage.
Effect: Target is knocked prone.
If the target was undead or has vulnerability to fire or radiance, it is immobilized and blinded (save ends).

EDIT: Added an Action Point feature called Radiant Offensive. Took away immunity to blindness, put in the ability to see through magical darkness. Changed Sun Bolt's miss effect to just Half-damage. The effect now just knocks prone (no blindness on non-undead).

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 15:54:19
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  01:38:41  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TELFLAMMAR SHADOWLORD
"I have come to be one with the shadows."

Prerequisites: Rogue class; must have the shadow stride utility

The Shadowmasters of Telflamm are still one of FaerČn's most notorious thieves guilds. Even after the destruction in wake of the Spellplague, they've since made a stronger bid for the control of Thesk's port city. Though they've gained power, there has long since been a power struggle within it's hierarchy between the followers of Mask, who remains suspiciously silent, and the clergy of Shar, who believes the shadows are her domain alone. Still, its members are as deadly as ever and people are still frightened of the lurking shadows of this city.

TELFLAMMAR SHADOWLORD PATH FEATURES
Shadow Sight (11th level): You gain darkvision and the ability to see through any form of normal or magical darkness without hindrance.
Shadow Blur (11th level): Anytime you are not in daylight or the illuminated radius of a light source, you gain concealment.
Shadow Discorporation (16th level): Once per day, if you are in shadow or darkness, any damage that would drop you to 0 hit points or fewer instead has a chance to discorporate you. On a successful saving throw, you vanish along with anything you are carrying for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may reappear at a spot of your choosing within 1 mile of the place where you were forced to discorporate.

TELFLAMMAR SHADOWLORD EXPLOITS

Shadow Pounce; Telflammar Shadowlord Attack 11
The shadows around you seem to surge, engulfing and teleporting you to your foe.
Encounter - Shadow, Teleportation
Requirement: You must be wielding a light blade
Special: You may teleport your speed before attacking
Hit: 2(W) + Dexterity modifier
Effect: If you teleported to an adjacent square of the target and the attack was successful, make a secondary melee basic attack using your Dexterity modifier instead of Strength against the same target. The target grants you combat advantage for the basic attack.

Shadow Jaunt; Telflammar Shadowlord Utility 12
A cloud of shadows envelops you, spins into a tiny mote, and disappears. A moment later, this shadowy cloud appears across the battlefield and expels you from it.
Daily - Shadow, Teleportation
Minor Action; Personal
Effect: You may teleport yourself and one other creature up to 10 squares away. The creature must be touching you for them to be teleported in this manner.

Death in the Dark; Telflammar Shadowlord Attack 20
You catch your foe unaware, allowing you to deal a single, deadly strike that slays instantly.
Daily - Cold, Shadow, Weapon
Requirement: You must have combat advantage against the target and wielding a light blade.
Attack: Dexterity vs. Fortitude
Hit: 6(W) + Dexterity modifier cold damage, and the target is weakened (save ends).
Miss: Half-damage and the target is weakened until the end of your next turn.

EDIT: Changed Shadow Discorporation so that it only works once per day. Removed all the Martial Keywords from the powers. Added in the ability to use Dex instead of Str for Shadow Pounce's secondary Melee basic attack. Added cold damage to the Death in the Dark power.

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 22:16:06
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2009 :  21:43:46  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THAYAN KNIGHT
"The horrors I've endured will pale in comparison to those I'll inflict upon you."

Prerequisite: Fighter class; human affiliated with Thay

In the past, Thayan knights were bodyguards and enforcers for their Red Wizard masters. Their loyalty to these Zulkirs was unquestionable and they would gladly sacrifice their lives for their safety. Now, they serve Thay itself and the master Zulkir, Zass Tam. They enforce the laws of the land, and are generals for the common Thayan troops during times of war. Still, they align themselves with Red Wizards if it's in Thay's best interest and will sacrifice themselves for Thays betterment. The practice of tattooing their head and face is still very popular and it signifies their rank and station within Thay's hierarchy as well as intimidating their foes.

THAYAN KNIGHT PATH FEATURES
Intimidating Strength (11th level): You add your Strength modifier to your Intimidate checks.
Zulkir's Favor (11th level): Ally's area and blast attacks take a -2 penalty against you and the damage is reduced by an amount equal to your Constitution modifier.
Zulkir's Defense (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, allies within 2 squares gain a +1 bonus to their defenses and 1d8 + Constitution modifier temporary hit points.
Thayan Resistance (16th level): You gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against charm and fear effects and resist 10 necrotic damage.

THAYAN KNIGHT EXPLOITS

Horror's of Thay; Thayan Knight Attack 11
You relive a horrible experiences from Thay and scream out in a primal rage, lashing out with an attack. Near-by creatures cower before you.
Encounter - Martial, Fear, Weapon
Hit: 2(W) + Strength modifier damage, and the target is knocked prone. Make a secondary attack.
Secondary Target: All enemies in burst 2
Secondary Attack: Charisma +2 vs. Will
Hit: Each enemy is marked and pushed back 1 square

Courageous Stand; Thayan Knight Utility 12
You rally your troops around you, shouting commands that revitalizes and inspires them.
Daily - Martial, Healing
Standard Action; Area burst 3
Target: Each ally in burst
Effect: Allies gain 2d6 + Charisma modifier temporary hit points and a +2 power bonus to their Fortitude, Reflex, and Will defenses until the end of the encounter.

Vengeful Flurry; Thayan Knight Attack 20
With great strength you swing about with your weapon, attacking as many enemies as you can.
Daily - Martial, Weapon
Target: Each enemy in burst you can see
Hit: 3(W) + 1d8 + Strength modifier damage and each target is knocked prone and stunned until the beginning of your next turn.
Miss: Half-damage and each target is knocked prone.

EDIT: Zulkir's Favor now works during ally's area or blast attacks. Increased Horror's of Thay secondary area to Burst 2. Reduced Courageous Stand's temporary HP gained to 2d6 (was 2d10) and made it a Power bonus to the bonus to defenses (so it doesn't stack with other like buffs).

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 22:21:18
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2009 :  22:15:38  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here's one from the Champions of Valor source. Enjoy!

TRIADIC KNIGHT

Prerequisites: Any divine class; lawful good alignment; must worship Bahamut, Ilmater, or Torm and have the deity's corresponding Channel Divinity Feat (Armor of Bahamut, Ilmater's Martyrdom, or Torm's Justice respectively).

TRIADIC KNIGHT PATH FEATURES
Hands of Ilmater (11th level): You receive a +2 bonus to Endurance skill checks to improve your condition on any disease track and to saving throws against poison (this bonus does not stack with the dwarven Cast Iron Stomach racial bonus). At 21st level, increase the bonus to +4.
Scales of Bahamut (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you or one ally adjacent to you gains a bonus to AC equal to one-half your level until the end of your next turn.
Heart of Torm (16th level): You gain a +5 bonus to saving throws agasinst any power with the fear keyword. In additon, each ally within sight gains a bonus to AC and defenses equal to your Wisdom modifier against powers with the Fear keyword.

TRIADIC KNIGHT PRAYERS

Shout of Righteousness; Triadic Knight Attack 11
With a ferocious shout a divine waves wash over your foes, knocking them to the ground.
Encounter - Divine, Force, Implement, Thunder
Standard Action; Area blast 5
Target: Each enemy in blast
Attack: Your highest Ability vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + your highest Ability modifier thunder damage, and the target is knocked prone and deafened until the end of your next turn.

Holy Shield; Triadic Knight Utility 12
You shout a holy phrase and a radiant nimbus in the form of a shield appears by your side.
Encounter - Divine, Radiant
Minor Action; Personal
Effect: For a number of rounds equal to you Wisdom modifier, you gain resist 10 necrotic damage and can spend a healing surges as a minor action.

Threefold Smite; Triadic Knight Attack 20
Divine light fills you with power, giving you the ability to strike many foes or one several times.
Target: One, two, or three creatures
Attack: Your highest Ability vs. AC, three attacks
Hit: 3(W) + your your highest Ability modifier radiant damage (first attack), 2(W) + your your highest Ability modifier radiant damage (second attack), 1(W) + your your highest Ability modifier radiant damage (third attack). A target hit once is subject to your divine sanction until the end of your next turn. A target hit twice is subject to your divine sanction and stunned until the end of your next turn. A target hit three times is subject to your divine sanction, knocked prone, and weakened until the end of your next turn.
Miss: Half-damage per attack, and the target is not stunned, knocked prone, or weakened.

EDIT: Reduced the bonus to the Hands of Ilmater to +2 but made it +4 at 21st level. Removed the immunity to fear powers, included a bonus to saving throws against fear effects. Replaced the attack powers with "Your highest Ability" for the attack and hit lines to allow for more versatility of classes. Reduced Shout to 2d6 and changed the name to Shout of Righteousness. Reduced the damage Threefold Smite does on the ability modifiers (too poweful!). Cleaned up Holy Shield's wording.

Edited by - Diffan on 10 Jul 2011 22:33:09
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2009 :  10:59:31  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about a "Magelord" paragon path?

Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 07 Sep 2009 11:00:55
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2009 :  02:53:46  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What about a "Magelord" paragon path?

Hmm... I can give it a shot. What source is it from? I'm thinking it's from the Lost Empires of Faerun but I could be wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2009 :  16:19:17  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are correct Diffan. It was a Rogue/Wizard Prestige Class. In 3E the class had the ability to swap Spells out for Spell Mastery/Signature Spells.

I have been working on a homebrew version using the 4E conceits and races in the Realms circa 225 DR.

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Neil Bishop
Learned Scribe

Singapore
100 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2010 :  15:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Neil Bishop's Homepage Send Neil Bishop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only just noticed these. Wow-great work!

Regards
NXB
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2010 :  21:42:56  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neil Bishop

I've only just noticed these. Wow-great work!

Thanks. I still have to rework some of the abilities and powers. Now that I know more about the balance of 4E, alot of them are either pointless (powers/abilities that deal with power sources), over-powered or under-powered. So it's a learning process and any criticism people can share to make them better is OK by me.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  15:17:17  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*casts resurrect scroll*

Just to point out that nothing has been done about this from WotC and I think its clear that such ideas and uses of 4E-fan creations are perfectly fine.

Also, I'm going to be creating some additional Paragon Paths like the Pegasus Knight of Cormyr
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  19:16:00  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting stuff, Diffan. You never fail to amuse me, I swear!

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  19:24:55  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

Very interesting stuff, Diffan. You never fail to amuse me, I swear!

Well I'll be here all week

Also, I should be getting some free some so I'll try to come up with the Pegasus Knight paragon path soon. I'll definitly be taking ideas from the Eberron Player's Guide that also has a flying-mount paragon path too.

Also Galuf, do you have any ideas or requests for Realms-based paragon paths?
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  02:01:29  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan
Well I'll be here all week

Also, I should be getting some free some so I'll try to come up with the Pegasus Knight paragon path soon. I'll definitly be taking ideas from the Eberron Player's Guide that also has a flying-mount paragon path too.

Also Galuf, do you have any ideas or requests for Realms-based paragon paths?

Hmmmmmm... good question. As far as I can see, there are these that can be done unless they've been covered in the Martial/Arcane/Psionic Power manuals.

I know for sure that the Hammer of Moradin PrC was converted in Divine Power, and the Doomguide, Heartwarder, Morninglord, Purple Dragon Knight, Scarlet/Sword Coast Corsair, Silverstar, Spellguard & War Wizard of Cormyr were officially covered in the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide.

So, on that note, I'd say these should be top priority unless they were done in the 'Power' manuals (Sources are in parenthesis):

- Arachne of Lloth (F&P)
- Cultist of the Shattered Peak (LEoF)
- Divine Champion (PGtF)
- Divine Disciple (PGtF)
- Divine Seeker (PGtF)
- Dreadmaster of Bane (F&P)
- Great Rift Skyguard (RoF)
- Harper Agent (PGtF)
- Harper Mage (MoF)
- Harper Paragon (PGtF)
- Nightcloak of Shar (F&P)
- Orc Warlord (RoF)*
- Red Wizard of Thay (3.X FRCS/3.5 DMG)
- Spellsinger (RoF)
- Strifeleader of Cyric (F&P)
- Zhentarim Spy (PGtF)

For epic destinies, I'd take a crack at the Elven High Mage, if you haven't yet.

Note: Could just as well be translated into an Epic Destiny, in my opinion.

As far as a request, I'd like to see the Ocular Adept from Faiths & Pantheons done.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000