Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite 3.5 Class

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mitchellboeck Posted - 25 Jun 2011 : 18:05:41
What is your favorite 3.5 class? You can also post what you voted and tell me why.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
froglegg Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 23:54:29
I do love my half-orc Barbarian.

I just like Hulk Smash!

John
Alruane Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 11:16:59
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Doesn't matter which edition of the game it is, my favorite class will always be wizard.

Here here! I agree!
The Arcanamach Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 10:59:09
Doesn't matter which edition of the game it is, my favorite class will always be wizard.
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 09:19:02
Honestly, I've played just about all the classes mentioned (except for paladins and monks, because I'm not particularly good at 'lawful' types), and have always found something to like about each class. But I finally decided on rangers, because... well, I guess because of their generally independence from society, their freedom to roam the wilds as they choose (being diabetic in the RW, this really isn't an option for me), and that they manage to do so much without relying on magic (well, not much, anyways). Plus, the 'favored enemy' class ability can come in really handy (sometimes those few points of extra damage can determine whether a battle ends in victory or defeat).
Alruane Posted - 18 Nov 2013 : 07:39:09
I'm sticking with Wizard, it's always been my favorite.
Suru Posted - 30 Jun 2011 : 21:16:19
I chose Druid. My fondest memories are of my druids. I sat outside cities entire sessions as I refused to go into populated areas with my parties. I also made a road of Apple trees spanning a few hundred miles in the fashion of Johnny Appleseed. Also with the right feats, the ability to alter the weather, or smite people disturbing my grove with an ice storm as a little bird was always fun. Not always the best dungeon crawlers, but druids have the most utility as far as doing some impressive things outdoors. Armies tend to lose morale after you make him live under square inched sized hail for a few days.
mitchellboeck Posted - 30 Jun 2011 : 18:49:24
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

quote:
Originally posted by mitchellboeck

What other base classes are you talking about? Also I noticed the misspelling of rogue right after I posted but I didn't want to repost.

You can edit your posts. There is a little "pencil" icon (or something like that) "Edit" when you hover over it.

Thank you I did not know that :)
mitchellboeck Posted - 30 Jun 2011 : 18:47:55
quote:
Originally posted by MisterX

mitchellboeck:
There are several base classes in the Player's Handbook II, the Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane and Complete Divine, as well as other sources like Book of Horror, Unearthed Arcana (as compilation of alternative rules…) and Libris Mortis as well, I think. I may have missed plenty…

Oh okay. I know about those but I don't consider them "base" classes. The classes I consider base are the ones that are in Player's Handbook 1, since a lot of ones in other books tend to be broken. (And there is only room for 15 or so poll answers :))
Lord Karsus Posted - 30 Jun 2011 : 17:49:54
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Of just those basic classes, Rogue. Almost every one of my characters, it seems, has a level of Rogue, for the massive amount of skill point, class skills, and the +1d6 Sneak Attack, which is always handy. Of the classes in other books, Beguiler is my favorite- it's a Rogue with magic. What's not to like?

A strangely unexpected choice coming from someone using the name of Faerun's greatest Arcanist.

As for my choice, wizard most definitely! (Why bring a knife when you can conjure it out of thin air?!)

-That's why I said I would've voted 'Beguiler' if it was a choice. It's more or less a Rogue with spellcasting benefits.
Hawkins Posted - 30 Jun 2011 : 15:41:33
quote:
Originally posted by mitchellboeck

What other base classes are you talking about? Also I noticed the misspelling of rogue right after I posted but I didn't want to repost.

You can edit your posts. There is a little "pencil" icon (or something like that) "Edit" when you hover over it.
MisterX Posted - 30 Jun 2011 : 14:01:22
mitchellboeck:
There are several base classes in the Player's Handbook II, the Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane and Complete Divine, as well as other sources like Book of Horror, Unearthed Arcana (as compilation of alternative rules…) and Libris Mortis as well, I think. I may have missed plenty…
skychrome Posted - 30 Jun 2011 : 03:58:13
Voted rogue, I just love those buggers and city adventures.

Second is sorcerer, this love derives from the BG computer games and multiple fireballs and dragon breath... awesome!
mitchellboeck Posted - 30 Jun 2011 : 00:43:35
quote:
Originally posted by Gavinfoxx

Where's all the rest of the base classes? And you misspelled Rogue...

Dennis Posted - 29 Jun 2011 : 20:07:13
quote:

-Of just those basic classes, Rogue. Almost every one of my characters, it seems, has a level of Rogue, for the massive amount of skill point, class skills, and the +1d6 Sneak Attack, which is always handy. Of the classes in other books, Beguiler is my favorite- it's a Rogue with magic. What's not to like?

A strangely unexpected choice coming from someone using the name of Faerun's greatest Arcanist.

As for my choice, wizard most definitely! (Why bring a knife when you can conjure it out of thin air?!)
Gavinfoxx Posted - 29 Jun 2011 : 19:43:07
Where's all the rest of the base classes? And you misspelled Rogue...
_Jarlaxle_ Posted - 29 Jun 2011 : 13:55:50
I voted sorcerer too because I like their fluff about raw power although wizards are more powerfull
The Sage Posted - 29 Jun 2011 : 01:28:17
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm a huge fan of the sorcerer, myself. Most of the benefits of being a wizard, without the added annoyance of trying to make sure you memorize the right spells.

I like sorcerers too. In fact, in my FR the origin of the sorcerer is very similar to what Ed outlined in Temptation of Elminster. I've established a possible link between sorcerers and dragon/draconic bloodlines -- which hints at where the sorcerers get their dragonblood from.

In the novel itself, it notes the dragonsblood experiments undertaken by Cordorlar, in the waning days of Netheril.

I didn't stop there, however. I went further and allowed several other select magical creatures of significant arcane ability to also become the progenitors of alternate sorcerer bloodlines -- especially those with their own innate spell -casting/generating ability.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 23:17:09
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Check out the exalted prestige class in the Player's Guide to Faerun (whose name escapes me just at the moment).

The Harper Paragon?

That's the one. :)

Cheers
Hawkins Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 20:54:56
quote:

Check out the exalted prestige class in the Player's Guide to Faerun (whose name escapes me just at the moment).

The Harper Paragon?
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 20:33:06
quote:

Ranger/Paladin is some interesting idea. Maybe a follower of Chauntea? ;)
Yeah--like a hero who lives as a ranger but is secretly sworn to a good deity (such as Chauntea, Selune, Mielikki, etc). Or else a former paladin who has "retired" and become a ranger.

Cheers
MisterX Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 20:21:51
quote:
They're holy warriors tip-toeing the line between right and wrong, sneaking around and smiting evil-doers. I can also lie right to the DM's face, so long as I can justify that every word I'm saying is true--I'm just deceiving the NPC as to my true purpose.

I tried this in my last (or actual? We recently restarted completely from scratch) group with a Beguiler (not aiming for "the greater good" but for the goals of the party) and the other players went mad, actually. "Oh my god, you're not speaking completely the truth to some thievelord (we others have just severely insulted) to save the party's lives! I HATE your character!"

Ranger/Paladin is some interesting idea. Maybe a follower of Chauntea? ;)
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 18:21:36
quote:

Pallys are cool, as well, but I can't play them properly, I think. I'm too much in love with the occasional intrigue, I suppose… ;)
That's why I play rogue/paladins. They're holy warriors tip-toeing the line between right and wrong, sneaking around and smiting evil-doers. I can also lie right to the DM's face, so long as I can justify that every word I'm saying is true--I'm just deceiving the NPC as to my true purpose.

(I guess it's also because I have one in my FR novels, though he was a 3.5 character first, back in the day.)

You might try a ranger/paladin too, if you're keen on rangers. That's a cool idea.

Cheers
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 18:19:59
I'm a huge fan of the sorcerer, myself. Most of the benefits of being a wizard, without the added annoyance of trying to make sure you memorize the right spells.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 18:18:44
quote:
Originally posted by MalariaMoon

I voted rouge because I love make-up :-)

And one of D&D's most common misspellings strikes again!
MalariaMoon Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 18:12:29
I voted rouge because I love make-up :-)
MisterX Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 18:01:46
quote:

Full ack.
But actually I prefer the magic thing to sneak attacks or even more skillpoints, when just using core basic-classes. And since I just have no knack for that music/art thing with bards – it's the ranger. :)

Pallys are cool, as well, but I can't play them properly, I think. I'm too much in love with the occasional intrigue, I suppose… ;)
The Sage Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 15:53:56
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Bards, definitely. I love their versatility, and they have nearly as many skill points as rogues. (Personally, I think they should actually have more, given their jack-of-all-trades role, but that's just me...) And they are so much fun to play!

Rather than rambling like I usually do, I'll simply say that... What Alystra said!
Seethyr Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 15:40:28
I'll take wizard for sure, but just at the end of 3.5 i had an opportunity to play a binder for a few sessions and I fell in love.
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 28 Jun 2011 : 15:09:27
Rogue. Or more specifically, rogue/paladin.

Cheers
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 27 Jun 2011 : 17:37:08
Bards, definitely. I love their versatility, and they have nearly as many skill points as rogues. (Personally, I think they should actually have more, given their jack-of-all-trades role, but that's just me...) And they are so much fun to play!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000