Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 FR authors in Wayfinder #4

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElaineCunningham Posted - 28 Mar 2011 : 17:01:32
Hi, folks.

Just wanted to give a quick heads-up on two newly published stories. "The Illusionist" is a very short (approx 2500 words) story in Wayfinder #4, the most recent issue of an excellent Pathfinder fanzine. The story focuses on a young man from the Mwangi Expanse, a jungle culture, and his encounter with Jamang Kira, a manipulative fellow student at the academy of magic. Jamang is a minor character in the Pathfinder Tales novel Winter Witch, but no knowlege of that novel or even the setting is needed to follow the story.

Dave Gross also contributed a short story to this issue. This story features Radovan and Count Jeggare, the characters in his Pathfinder Tales novel Prince of Wolves and the upcoming sequel, Master of Demons. Radovan and the Count have also appeared in a four-part tale published as part of the Pathfinder Tales free web fiction, and will be coming soon in a six-part novella that will be published in an upcoming Pathfinder Adventure Path. These are strong, interesting characters and Dave is a damn good writer.

Wayfinder #4 is available as a free download on the Paizo website, www.paizo.com.

Hope you enjoy both tales.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ElaineCunningham Posted - 29 Mar 2011 : 18:26:00
Oops. Devils, demons. You say "tomato", I say "member of the deadly nightshade family." ;)
GRYPHON Posted - 29 Mar 2011 : 11:10:40
Good news...
The Sage Posted - 29 Mar 2011 : 01:13:48
Yay! Lunchtime reading material.
Dave_Gross Posted - 29 Mar 2011 : 00:42:28
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Dave Gross also contributed a short story to this issue. This story features Radovan and Count Jeggare, the characters in his Pathfinder Tales novel Prince of Wolves and the upcoming sequel, Master of Demons.

Wayfinder #4 is available as a free download on the Paizo website, www.paizo.com.

Thanks for the kind words, Elaine, and for spreading the word about our stories.

BTW, the upcoming novel is Master of Devils (a fine but important distinction once you know the characters), and the story in Wayfinder is exactly the same as "A Lesson in Taxonomy," appearing as the Web Fiction entry this week and next. Only the title is slightly different.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 28 Mar 2011 : 19:56:47
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

And for those interested, starting this Wednesday, A Lesson in Taxonomy by Dave Gross will appear as webfiction on Paizo's main-page. (Just click the tab labelled web fiction.)

I read an early draft of that story. Really good tale, visual and twisty. Highly recommended.
Hawkins Posted - 28 Mar 2011 : 18:22:41
Thanks for the heads up, Elaine.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Mar 2011 : 18:15:06
Ooh, all that sounds quite interesting... I'll have to bring a copy to work and read it.
Kajehase Posted - 28 Mar 2011 : 17:33:48
And for those interested, starting this Wednesday, A Lesson in Taxonomy by Dave Gross will appear as webfiction on Paizo's main-page. (Just click the tab labelled web fiction.)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000