Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 FR authors in Wayfinder #4
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2011 :  17:01:32  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, folks.

Just wanted to give a quick heads-up on two newly published stories. "The Illusionist" is a very short (approx 2500 words) story in Wayfinder #4, the most recent issue of an excellent Pathfinder fanzine. The story focuses on a young man from the Mwangi Expanse, a jungle culture, and his encounter with Jamang Kira, a manipulative fellow student at the academy of magic. Jamang is a minor character in the Pathfinder Tales novel Winter Witch, but no knowlege of that novel or even the setting is needed to follow the story.

Dave Gross also contributed a short story to this issue. This story features Radovan and Count Jeggare, the characters in his Pathfinder Tales novel Prince of Wolves and the upcoming sequel, Master of Demons. Radovan and the Count have also appeared in a four-part tale published as part of the Pathfinder Tales free web fiction, and will be coming soon in a six-part novella that will be published in an upcoming Pathfinder Adventure Path. These are strong, interesting characters and Dave is a damn good writer.

Wayfinder #4 is available as a free download on the Paizo website, www.paizo.com.

Hope you enjoy both tales.

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2011 :  17:33:48  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And for those interested, starting this Wednesday, A Lesson in Taxonomy by Dave Gross will appear as webfiction on Paizo's main-page. (Just click the tab labelled web fiction.)

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2011 :  18:15:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, all that sounds quite interesting... I'll have to bring a copy to work and read it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2011 :  18:22:41  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up, Elaine.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2011 :  19:56:47  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

And for those interested, starting this Wednesday, A Lesson in Taxonomy by Dave Gross will appear as webfiction on Paizo's main-page. (Just click the tab labelled web fiction.)

I read an early draft of that story. Really good tale, visual and twisty. Highly recommended.
Go to Top of Page

Dave_Gross
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2011 :  00:42:28  Show Profile  Visit Dave_Gross's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Dave Gross also contributed a short story to this issue. This story features Radovan and Count Jeggare, the characters in his Pathfinder Tales novel Prince of Wolves and the upcoming sequel, Master of Demons.

Wayfinder #4 is available as a free download on the Paizo website, www.paizo.com.

Thanks for the kind words, Elaine, and for spreading the word about our stories.

BTW, the upcoming novel is Master of Devils (a fine but important distinction once you know the characters), and the story in Wayfinder is exactly the same as "A Lesson in Taxonomy," appearing as the Web Fiction entry this week and next. Only the title is slightly different.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2011 :  01:13:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay! Lunchtime reading material.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2011 :  11:10:40  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news...
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2011 :  18:26:00  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oops. Devils, demons. You say "tomato", I say "member of the deadly nightshade family." ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000