Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Highest peaks in Toril

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ironstar Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 13:17:20
As a fascinated mountain traveler, I'm interested in knowing what might be the highest mountain peaks in all of Toril and where they're located?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 11 Mar 2011 : 19:45:47
Spine of the World for Faerūn-proper, but I believe the Yehimals are higher.

The Orsraun chain comes close (in height) to the SotW as well, IIRC.

Outside of Faerūn, there are several humongous chains, including the one that runs down the center of Koryo (which extends deep into the frozen wastes), and also the one in Osse (which can be seen on the FRIA maps). Anchorme and Maztica have some large chains as well, but I don't think they are nearly so high (I think those chains are far older, existing pre-Sundering, and have been weathered-down by time).
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Highest mountain, that would be the pile of questions for Ed
in his basement from us all these years.
Nope.

That particular geographic wonder was surpassed some time ago by Sage's 'To Do' list.
althen artren Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 23:46:51
Highest mountain, that would be the pile of questions for Ed
in his basement from us all these years.
Fellfire Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 22:08:38
Another semi-related question. Are there any grandiose mountains on Evermeet? I know about the Eagle and Silver Hills but don't recall anything with real altitude.
Ayrik Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 20:50:39
Mount Greenwood, of course.

On a semi-related topic, I've wondered before about mountain peaks in the vicinity of old Netheril. Many of them (presumably chosen from among the larger specimens) were magically uprouted or sliced in half, flipped over, and turned into floating cities. This means that many crashed-landed half-mountains (or piles of rubble) must dot the landscape. It also means there must be some number (hundreds?) of flattened mountaintops which could serve as ideal construction sites.
Barastir Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 19:27:50
How about the Yehimals? They seem to be the Torilian counterpart of the Himalayans...
Lirdolin Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 19:27:28
As there is are the Yehimal mountains (which look pretty massiv and high in FR Atlas), maybe there is also a Mount Est-Ever?
Alisttair Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 14:36:27
Yeah not sure about the other continents.
Ironstar Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 14:32:12
Thanks, I thought so as well. I still wonder about the other continents such as Anchorome...
Alisttair Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 13:51:39
In the Savage Frontier and The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier, it is stated that the Spine of the World mountains have the (or some of the, I forget the exact wording) highest peaks in Faerūun (or Toril).

The Star Mounts and the Lost Peaks are pretty high as well I believe, but not the same as some parts of the Spine of the World.
DBG Posted - 10 Mar 2011 : 13:41:45
As a guess I would say they would be in the Spine of the World.
I'm not sure of any canon though.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000