Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Mask Fate (Spoiler?)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arioch Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 17:16:30
Hi scribes!

I'm looking for informations about the exact fate of Mask as portrayed in the last book of the Erevis Cale trilogy that I do not have.

I've read on another thread here on Candlekeep about a secret, probably unknown to Shar or even about her, he carried with himself into the oblivion.

Can someone give me more information about the event? Thanks!!

Also... speculations about who will take his place in the near future?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arioch Posted - 22 Dec 2010 : 08:22:36
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Actually if you read the Twilight War Trilogy and the short story "Continuum" in Realms of War, then you should have a pretty good idea what happened to Mask and what is most likely to happen with him in the upcoming Cycle of Night Trilogy.

Interesting! Can you give me some more information about what is likely to happen?
skychrome Posted - 22 Dec 2010 : 01:13:02
Actually if you read the Twilight War Trilogy and the short story "Continuum" in Realms of War, then you should have a pretty good idea what happened to Mask and what is most likely to happen with him in the upcoming Cycle of Night Trilogy.
idilippy Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 21:40:57
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

I did read the trilogy, and I certainly liked it. About a thousand books ago, so my recollection of finer details is probably a bit hazy. I thought I'd remember something as significant as Mask's demise. I'm generally not in the habit of re-reading books, though maybe this should be one of the exceptions.

I think it's worth a re-read if it's been a little while, but you could also just read the last couple pages before the epilogue to see what happens to Mask.

quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

Very interesting!

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the series. Paul S Kemp, in his scroll on this site, posted a link to a preview of the book that you might want to look at. It doesn't directly say anything about Mask but it does show a character from the Twilight War trilogy and introduces a character who will be central to the Cycle of Night trilogy beginning in 2012.
Arioch Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 10:23:31
quote:
Originally posted by idilippy

Well, Paul S Kemp has a trilogy coming out starting in 2012 about Erevis Cale's son, so I could definitely see Mask being involved in how that turns out somehow. Other than that I don't know of anything having to do with Mask past his last secret he kept back from Shar, which I hope is something that leads to his resurrection and/or Shar's downfall. Most likely the secret had to do with Cale's son, though how he is specifically involved is something we'll just have to wait to find out.

Very interesting!
Ayrik Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 09:54:38
I did read the trilogy, and I certainly liked it. About a thousand books ago, so my recollection of finer details is probably a bit hazy. I thought I'd remember something as significant as Mask's demise. I'm generally not in the habit of re-reading books, though maybe this should be one of the exceptions.
idilippy Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 09:35:31
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

I don't recall Mask being destroyed.

He's also a treacherous little fellow, prone to intrigue and deception. Part of the old ToT portfolio mixup he participated in, I think.

Have you read the Twilight War trilogy by Paul S Kemp? If not I'd highly recommend it. Despite the fact that it involves the Shades taking over Sembia and Shar, an event and goddess I'm not too high on, it was an incredible trilogy and was well worth the read. I don't want to spoil the series but the OP's question was specifically on the events at the end of the last book in the series, so it's not really possible to talk about this question without spoiling it.
Fellfire Posted - 18 Dec 2010 : 05:39:51
In my game both Mask and Vhaerun are still amongst the living. In fact Vhaerun is Mask.
Ayrik Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 19:28:11
I don't recall Mask being destroyed.

He's also a treacherous little fellow, prone to intrigue and deception. Part of the old ToT portfolio mixup he participated in, I think.
idilippy Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 19:17:59
Well, Paul S Kemp has a trilogy coming out starting in 2012 about Erevis Cale's son, so I could definitely see Mask being involved in how that turns out somehow. Other than that I don't know of anything having to do with Mask past his last secret he kept back from Shar, which I hope is something that leads to his resurrection and/or Shar's downfall. Most likely the secret had to do with Cale's son, though how he is specifically involved is something we'll just have to wait to find out.
Arioch Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 18:27:04
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

quote:

I'd like to see him come back finding out that he was hidden in the shadows of death or somesuch, but probably his portfolio will have been stolen by Shar, Cyric, or both.

Indeed Mask is a great loss for the Realms. I hoped to the last to see him in the 4ed realms...

I suppose that another resurrection among deities will be difficult to conceive...

About the "secret"? Something that can cause a downfall for Shar? Maybe at that point he can be freed again from his mother...
Alisttair Posted - 17 Dec 2010 : 18:08:55
quote:

I'd like to see him come back finding out that he was hidden in the shadows of death or somesuch, but probably his portfolio will have been stolen by Shar, Cyric, or both.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000