Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Which version of d&d does Ed Greenwood play?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ozreth Posted - 19 Oct 2010 : 08:27:05
R.A. Salvtore recently said that when he plays it's 4e and when he DM's it's OD&D.

This got me thinkin about Ed. I imagine he plays a bit of everything, but has he ever made a statement about which version he enjoys the most?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sandro Posted - 20 Oct 2010 : 08:56:53
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Where is Milady Hooded One when we need her? As she is one of his players she would be able to answer this question exhaustively (which is my favorite way ).

She is at her best when she leaves people exhausted.
Thauramarth Posted - 20 Oct 2010 : 07:19:11
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Where is Milady Hooded One when we need her? As she is one of his players she would be able to answer this question exhaustively (which is my favorite way ).

Hmmm... I seem to remember that THO did answer the question in one of the So Saith Ed scrolls - something about the group voting on the rules to use when 3E came out, and the group voting to continue with 2E. Ah, here it is:

quote:
March 16, 2004: Hello, all. Presenting the words of Ed once more:
Well met, DarkPsion. Yes, part of me wants to publish two Knights novels a year, treating their careers as an endless saga -- and then again, there's this other part of me that worries I'm overloaded right now, and however would I meet THOSE deadlines, too?

As far as I know, stats for the Knights have never been updated in print beyond those places you're already familiar with, now that Kuje31 has swooped in done the swift Realmslore note for you (mentioned elsewhere, yes: FRS1 The Dalelands, Volo's, but not really updated). My 'home' campaign still uses 2nd Edition (because we vote on such things, and the majority of my players prefer 2nd Ed), so we've never 'recast' things for the new rules.

As for Nimbral, well, I strongly suspect you'll be seeing more about this place soon, but with an accent more on the place and less on magic or psionics or treasure.

So saith Ed. The Hooded One fondly remembers her in-character visit to Nimbral, and meeting a certain unicorn there . . . (happy sigh of remembrance)

Hawkins Posted - 20 Oct 2010 : 03:46:15
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 19 Oct 2010 : 17:04:01
I'd love to get in on one of his games. That would be epic!
Markustay Posted - 19 Oct 2010 : 15:22:57
What Jorkens said - the rules are secondary to the story.
Jorkens Posted - 19 Oct 2010 : 13:28:48
From what I remember he plays the Realms with a very loose and rules-light version of the Ad&d 2nd edition rules.
Pazuzu Posted - 19 Oct 2010 : 12:01:33
Just AD&D 2nd rule set or also the Realms?
Darsson Spellmaker Posted - 19 Oct 2010 : 11:26:46
As Quale said. When Ed runs his campaigns, he uses 2nd edition rules.
Quale Posted - 19 Oct 2010 : 08:49:59
I think he said 2e

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000