Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 DDI Subscription for FR Material

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalor Darden Posted - 07 Aug 2010 : 04:53:48
As a scribe of Candlekeep, do you have a DDI Subscription to gain access to FR Material?
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
IngoDjan Posted - 01 Sep 2010 : 04:08:19
Not worth it.
Shemmy Posted - 01 Sep 2010 : 03:12:50
Nope. Not worth it since I don't play 4e and not worth it for professional reasons since after a poor experience with pitching to the e-zines early on I'm not inclined to do so again.
Diffan Posted - 30 Aug 2010 : 13:49:47
I voted yes because of the sheer amount of information accessable to you through the articles, DM tool-kit, and character generator. It's pretty silly NOT to get the subscription if your using 4e rule set and love the Realms. And, (looks around to see who's watching) I gave my friend my account information so he can log-on and access the info as well. They allow you so many updates on multipul computers a month so I up-date my persoal desk-top, my lap-top, and my friend's computer. Works out really well.
Zireael Posted - 28 Aug 2010 : 08:11:24
I voted no, as most scribes did.
For people outside of US the fee is too much. Besides you don't know what you will get...
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 27 Aug 2010 : 19:14:03
Yes, for the FR lore, the core articles I can easily apply to FR games, the 4e tools, and for professional reasons. (I do write for them occasionally, after all.)

Cheers
Alisttair Posted - 27 Aug 2010 : 15:47:57
Yes the Character Creator and the monster builder are both invaluable tools that I use.
Lady Kazandra Posted - 14 Aug 2010 : 08:18:46
I purchased one for myself, and one for Sage for his birthday last year. I've never had a reason to regret it.
skychrome Posted - 09 Aug 2010 : 02:08:24
No, as I am only interested in FR lore.
GRYPHON Posted - 08 Aug 2010 : 15:06:15
No...
Kyrene Posted - 07 Aug 2010 : 10:07:59
I'd only pay-per-article.
Brimstone Posted - 07 Aug 2010 : 07:54:57
Voted yes.
Dalor Darden Posted - 07 Aug 2010 : 05:48:32
That is true...but I knew exactly what I wanted...and I don't have to remember...it is done.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 07 Aug 2010 : 05:24:43
But see, you're not sure what you're going to get. If they still did the old Dragon/Dungeon magazines, you'd see it in the store, pick it up, browse the article and *then* decide if you wanted to buy the magazine for that. All you can do here is see a little intro to the article and see if subscribing for a month (and remembering to unsubscribe at the end of the month) is worth it after the fact.
Dalor Darden Posted - 07 Aug 2010 : 05:20:39
Because I wanted any and all information I could get on The Ride, I decided to get DDI for a month...

Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 07 Aug 2010 : 05:19:10
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I do not. If it was possible to only buy articles that I wanted, and/or pay a lesser fee for fewer features, I would. I object to WotC's all-or-nothing approach to the DDI, so they get no money from me.

I had voted no on the same principles. Even when they had the printed magazines, you could sign up for a subscription or pick and choose which issues you wanted at the FLGS. Not having that choice means them not receiving my money.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Aug 2010 : 05:11:14
I do not. If it was possible to only buy articles that I wanted, and/or pay a lesser fee for fewer features, I would. I object to WotC's all-or-nothing approach to the DDI, so they get no money from me.
The Sage Posted - 07 Aug 2010 : 05:02:20
Yes, but that's only part of the reason for my subscription.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000