Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Serpent's Daughter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElaineCunningham Posted - 18 Jun 2010 : 03:19:13

Got a little announcement to make: THE SERPENT'S DAUGHTER, my first FR novel in several years.

Few elf maidens looked toward a future as bright as Azariah Craulnober's. Raised in the court of Evermeet as a royal ward, heir to the Craulnober moonblade, a skilled dancer and a promising scholar and bard, she was considered an ornament to the court and a likely choice of a second bride for the recently widowed Prince Lamruil.

All that ended the day she sailed for Evermeet in the company of her father, her half-elven swordmistress, and a human bard. When her world quite literally vanished in the cataclysm she later learned to call the Spellplague, her only chance of survival lay in convincing her "rescuers" that she could cut them in on her father's latest venture. They readily agreed, believing that the serpent's daughter would be much easier to outwit than her infamous father.

Their mistake.

There are very few "caper" novels in the Realms. I've long wanted to try my hand at one, and I loved the notion of Azariah Craulnober being forced into the family business and finding that, in many ways, she truly is her father's daughter.

This novel has been in development for quite a while. and after this week I'll be going full steam ahead. Here are all the specifics I can give you at this time: The length is 90,000 words, which is about average for a Realms novel; the first draft will be delivered on September 1 and a final version on November 15; publication will be sometime in 2012. I'll share more information as matters progress.

I'm delighted to be returning to the Realms with a new generation and new characters. Azariah is turning out to be, hands down, my favorite protagonist yet. If you're a fan or a foe of Elaith Craulnober, keep an eye out for The Serpent's Daughter!
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SteelGandalf Posted - 13 Feb 2014 : 00:00:36
This hasn't faded away, has it? Is this novel still in the works?
BenN Posted - 09 Dec 2013 : 07:31:48
Really looking forward to this one (I'll buy it as soon as it appears for Kindle on Amazon). Fingers crossed.......

Meanwhile, I've noticed that there is another, completely unrelated, book called "The Serpent's Daughter" on Amazon.

To get Elaine's book published, I wish it were as simple a thing as amending the title; but I'm guessing its not as simple as that.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 05 Sep 2013 : 16:18:56
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

just grabbed When the Hero Comes Home 2, so I can get an Elaine story

Nifty! I didn't realize this was already out.

If you're interested in more stories, here's a shameless plug for JUST KEEP WEAVING, which is an eBook collection of my short fiction. :)
The Red Walker Posted - 03 Sep 2013 : 14:35:20
just grabbed When the Hero Comes Home 2, so I can get an Elaine story
ElaineCunningham Posted - 03 Sep 2013 : 12:30:11

quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

We miss you, Elaine

CorellonsDevout Posted - 03 Sep 2013 : 03:58:53
We miss you, Elaine
ElaineCunningham Posted - 30 Aug 2013 : 19:30:00
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Hi, folks.

There's nothing to tell at present. If and when I have news, I'll be sure to post it here.

There's a great storyline happening in The Sundering. Other tales will unfold in their own time.

Best,

ec

Have you had any input, formal or informal, on the Sundering? Or are you just watching it unfold, like the rest of us?

I've seen the story bible, so I have a general idea of the shape of the story, but I haven't been part of the planning.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Aug 2013 : 05:43:15
quote:

Hi, folks.

There's nothing to tell at present. If and when I have news, I'll be sure to post it here.

There's a great storyline happening in The Sundering. Other tales will unfold in their own time.

Best,

ec

Have you had any input, formal or informal, on the Sundering? Or are you just watching it unfold, like the rest of us?
ElaineCunningham Posted - 30 Aug 2013 : 03:43:48
Hi, folks.

Best,

ec
Firestorm Posted - 30 Aug 2013 : 02:53:30
I just have to wonder why we never get info about this or why Elaine is not allowed to tell us what happened.....

I would do freaking anything just to get footnotes on what her plans for reclamation were. Given that she dropped hints of Kimil Nimesin, Elaith Craulnober and a bunch of other loose ends wraapping up.

I was hoping in the serpents daughter we might get some info.

now......

Should I suspect WOTC has cancelled it yet again?
lordsknight185 Posted - 28 Aug 2013 : 03:20:09
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

If I could read Reclamation and The Serpent's Daughter....that would be amazing. At this point I would take ANYTHING new written by EC in the realms!

Hear hear!
jornan Posted - 27 Aug 2013 : 22:25:16
If I could read Reclamation and The Serpent's Daughter....that would be amazing. At this point I would take ANYTHING new written by EC in the realms!
The Red Walker Posted - 27 Aug 2013 : 05:03:51
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

I am hoping that with the advent of The Sundering and the FR timeline being opened up to write novels in any era might allow this book or a continuation of the Song and Swords series of some kind to come to light without having to necessarily fit in the restrictive confines of explaining the advancement of the years and how these characters "fit in" to the changes brought by the spellplague....at least that is my hope.

wouldnt it be something to see Reclamation rise from the ashes as well?
jornan Posted - 27 Aug 2013 : 04:07:03
I am hoping that with the advent of The Sundering and the FR timeline being opened up to write novels in any era might allow this book or a continuation of the Song and Swords series of some kind to come to light without having to necessarily fit in the restrictive confines of explaining the advancement of the years and how these characters "fit in" to the changes brought by the spellplague....at least that is my hope.
Seravin Posted - 27 Aug 2013 : 03:26:10
Sigh. I wish this book would come out. Elaine's works (and Grubb/Novak's too) are my favorite Realms books.
Firestorm Posted - 27 Aug 2013 : 02:35:57
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

Elaine posts here regularly enough on Candlekeep...I'd like to know too! Even ebook only would be awesome for me.

I don't have a definitive answer to share at this time, but as soon as I can, I will.

Best,
ec

I am near to bursting here.
I know this is an old topic and I know it has been asked, but it has been over a year since we asked last and over 3 years since the book was announced.

Rather than continue to hope with no information and get progressively more bitter at WOTC, someone MUST have an idea of why we never got this.....
ElaineCunningham Posted - 25 Nov 2012 : 12:52:49
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc

quote:

Elaine posts here regularly enough on Candlekeep...I'd like to know too! Even ebook only would be awesome for me.

Noooo! No eBook... We gotta have a nice paperback or heck, it SHOULD be a Hardback. I'd be willing instantly to pay full price for it!

I miss your work Elaine. :( Let us know when you find out whats up... if WoTC messes with you, I may boycott Forgotten Realms.. That would mean its not the friendly TSR era it used to be.. (I know, it isn't NOW, but still, pieces of that family feel are still there i hope).

Thanks for the kind words, Ziroc. I assure you, WotC is not "messing with me," and I have no complaints.

As I've mentioned before in this thread, I really can't talk about this right now, but when I can, I will.
Ziroc Posted - 25 Nov 2012 : 12:30:15
quote:

Noooo! No eBook... We gotta have a nice paperback or heck, it SHOULD be a Hardback. I'd be willing instantly to pay full price for it!

I miss your work Elaine. :( Let us know when you find out whats up... if WoTC messes with you, I may boycott Forgotten Realms.. That would mean its not the friendly TSR era it used to be.. (I know, it isn't NOW, but still, pieces of that family feel are still there i hope).
ElaineCunningham Posted - 21 Oct 2012 : 17:05:43
quote:

I don't have a definitive answer to share at this time, but as soon as I can, I will.

Best,
ec
Seravin Posted - 21 Oct 2012 : 16:55:11
ElaineCunningham Posted - 21 Oct 2012 : 16:54:38
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

Same. I asked this question the other day and now I cannot find my post....

Best,
ec
Firestorm Posted - 21 Oct 2012 : 16:26:56
Same. I asked this question the other day and now I cannot find my post....
The Red Walker Posted - 03 Sep 2012 : 21:51:09
Any new info anyone....there's nothing on the web to be found. Even if it's bad news, I'd like to know either way.
Thauranil Posted - 30 Jan 2012 : 13:16:00
Cant wait for more devious elves and their schemes nefarious or otherwise.
Look out realms here comes another Craulnober.
Fellfire Posted - 29 Jan 2012 : 21:12:15
No. No, no, nononononononono. Elaine has said that she will be back in February, hopefully she will shed some light on this.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 29 Jan 2012 : 14:46:22
Hope it doesn't go the route of Reclamation
Shifty Posted - 29 Jan 2012 : 05:47:08
I am starting to get worried. I haven't been able to find any recent info on the release either...
jornan Posted - 23 Jan 2012 : 22:50:57
That is exactly what I'm talking about :(
Fellfire Posted - 23 Jan 2012 : 21:04:12
Say not such things. I have been unnaturally patient waiting for this book.

edit: The fact that I can find nothing more current that June of last year at Elaine's own site is very discouraging.
jornan Posted - 23 Jan 2012 : 20:49:07
Has anyone had any word on this book? It seems to have fallen off the map again with no listings for a release date anyone or word about it. Please tell me this doesn't become another "Reclaimation".

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000