Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Pirates! Poll

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dragonfriend Posted - 14 May 2010 : 07:50:31
Just curious as usual

Pirates and Corsairs are a great love for fantasy rpgamers. We Realms lovers are no different.
So, what is the best place to play an high sea campaign in the Realms?
(No Zakhara or Kara Tur).
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Quale Posted - 17 May 2010 : 08:00:30
I'd vote for the Sword Coast if it's my homebrew version which includes parts of Varisia, otherwise the area between Daggerfordd and Amn is kinda desolate.
Jorkens Posted - 16 May 2010 : 13:06:54
quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

The Sword Coast! Get pursued by Northmen! Visit the Nelanther Isles! Fight with Northmen! Get pursued by fire giant-crewed longships from Tuern! Visit Luskan! Fight some more Northmen! Visit sahuagin, the Kraken society, and the Northmen!

Did I mention Northmen?

Ah, but that's a cinematic pulp-barbarian campaign. Separated from pirates this gives one the possibility of choosing two favourites! The Nelanthers are another question of course.
Brimstone Posted - 16 May 2010 : 07:58:14
All of them, so I didn't vote...

But if I had to pick only one it would be the Sword Coast.
Sill Alias Posted - 16 May 2010 : 07:16:56
I like the guys from Ruathim.
Jakk Posted - 15 May 2010 : 21:47:21
Sea of Fallen Stars for me; I actually played in a "Pirates of the Fallen Stars" campaign shortly after the original 2E supplement (FOR3) was released.

That being said, the Sword Coast and the Shining Sea would be a lot of fun too... especially the Sword Coast, partly because thanks to my RL ancestry, I *am* one of the Northmen. I suspect Thauramarth and I would cross blades more than once...
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 15 May 2010 : 19:27:35
The Shining Sea ...
Thauramarth Posted - 14 May 2010 : 17:21:13
The Sword Coast! Get pursued by Northmen! Visit the Nelanther Isles! Fight with Northmen! Get pursued by fire giant-crewed longships from Tuern! Visit Luskan! Fight some more Northmen! Visit sahuagin, the Kraken society, and the Northmen!

Did I mention Northmen?
skychrome Posted - 14 May 2010 : 17:08:14
quote:
Originally posted by Sill Alias

Arrrghe!
After Monkey Island I cannot imagine pirate. Sorry, for me pirate is past. There is no better pirate than Guybrush Threepwood, the mighty pirate.

Harhar! “I’m selling these fine leather jackets.” Absolutely great!

or this one:

Guybrush: I’m looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
Cannibal: I don’t think I want to hear any more about it.

and this one:

Haggis McMutton: Well, Haggis is only my nickname. My true name is ‘Heart Lungs And Liver Boiled In The Stomach Of The Animal McMutton’.
Guybrush: Oh, so your parents were expecting a girl.
Haggis: Aye.

Sorry for the off topic...
skychrome Posted - 14 May 2010 : 17:03:25
Arrr ye ol´ lads! For me it is also the Shining Sea. As Jorkens stated, it is just the climate for pirate settings. Search for treasures in the jungles and an oriental setting like Zakhara to sell your plunder is a must for me.

Jorkens Posted - 14 May 2010 : 15:47:19
The Shining Sea would be my choice. Pulpish Pirates belong in hot regions and here you get corsairs,traders and pirates from both Zakhara and Faerun (with some Kara-Turans meeting). Plus I really like the sea-based Zakhara products.
Dalor Darden Posted - 14 May 2010 : 15:11:24
Sea of Fallen Stars for me!

You could go all around the coasts, into the Moonsea and have a wide variety of kingdoms to plunder..errr...adventure in.
Hoondatha Posted - 14 May 2010 : 15:08:28
I didn't vote, because I'm torn. I love the Sea of Fallen Stars, and especially everything beneath the waves (sea elves vs pirates!), but lately I've also been thinking a lot about Dambraii pirates raiding the Shining Sea, and coming down to Zakhara for a bit of friendly loot and pillage.

One thing's certain, though: a pirate campaign would be easier to run on the SoFS, because all the lands are so well defined. There's much less on the stuff to the south, and some parts of the coast (south of Var until you get to Zakhara) isn't detailed at all. So from a work perspective, SoFS would be easier.
GRYPHON Posted - 14 May 2010 : 14:49:33
The Great Sea...
sfdragon Posted - 14 May 2010 : 14:20:55
ninjas along the sword coast....whoops pirates... pirates along the sword ghost. ARG!
Quale Posted - 14 May 2010 : 13:54:00
Sea of Fallen Stars, cause of all the cultures meeting there.
Alisttair Posted - 14 May 2010 : 13:31:43
Sea of Fallen Stars is my pick. Being able to visit a variety of places and include the Cormyrean navy...how could you not
Cleric Generic Posted - 14 May 2010 : 11:40:51
indeed, they're much easier to clean up after.
dragonfriend Posted - 14 May 2010 : 11:33:46
quote:
Originally posted by Cleric Generic

quote:
Originally posted by dragonfriend
you are right! A lot of islands with hidden bays and lost towers!
can I travel with your crew ?

Aye matey, 'Course you can! So long as you've got an eye patch and an undead parrot anyone's welcome to crew the Karsus' Folly!

YARRR!!!

I can see my PC, human from Amn. lawful neutral eyepatched 2nd level rogue/2nd level wizard/1st level cleric of Azuth with an undead bat as familiar
Sill Alias Posted - 14 May 2010 : 10:36:10
Arrrghe!
After Monkey Island I cannot imagine pirate. Sorry, for me pirate is past. There is no better pirate than Guybrush Threepwood, the mighty pirate.
Cleric Generic Posted - 14 May 2010 : 10:33:08
quote:
Originally posted by dragonfriend

Aye matey, 'Course you can! So long as you've got an eye patch and an undead parrot anyone's welcome to crew the Karsus' Folly!

YARRR!!!
Jelennet Posted - 14 May 2010 : 09:38:44
Sword Coast is my favorite reion so I'll vote for it.
dragonfriend Posted - 14 May 2010 : 08:21:59
quote:
Originally posted by Cleric Generic

Sword Coast, I'd say, although they're all brilliant. Sword Coast is at least somewhat bigger and with more islands and open water. AAR!!!

dragonfriend Posted - 14 May 2010 : 08:19:02
Come on friends, tell us why you prefer a sea over the others!My favorite is the Great Sea! I like the name [:-D] and the incredible lands across its coast. from the savage coast of Chult to lands of the serpents. Then you can see the flying ships of Halruaa and the bay of dolphins in the lands of the half-drows. Don't forget a great kingdom of lizard-folks. Halfling ports and 3 merchant nations. And why not, even far off Nimbral. Your ship could be attacked by its flying knights in cristal armor
Cleric Generic Posted - 14 May 2010 : 08:13:48
Sword Coast, I'd say, although they're all brilliant. Sword Coast is at least somewhat bigger and with more islands and open water. AAR!!!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000