Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Who was the first mortal Magic user in the realms?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jordanz Posted - 21 Apr 2010 : 23:05:54
Has it ever been documented? If not, who was the first mortal race to produce magic users? How did they learn? From Wwom did they learn? Outsiders? Gods? Spontaneously?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cleric Generic Posted - 13 May 2010 : 12:34:24
One of the creator races was probably the first mortals to produce 'proper' spell-casters through learned magic, as opposed to possessing instinctive magical power. The cave dwelling proto-humans of the same time might have had some kind of early shamans, but nothing even close to the power routinely wielded by the Sarrukh and friends.

You could also argue that the elves would have learned magic well before they ever left Faerie and showed up on Faerun.
Dracons Posted - 13 May 2010 : 12:03:34
First Magic user? Wouldn't that be AO when he decided to burp and made Selune and Shar? Then they did the sister test, made Faerun... etc etc.

Honestly though, I think the first user of magic was a Sarrukh, likely Arthindol (The Terraseer). Again, unlikely. However he'd very likely know.

I do know the Sarrukh, Batrachi and Aearee were the only three of the creator races that used magic the most. It was how the Nether Scrolls were made by the Sarrukh stealing the lore of magic from Batrachi and Aearee's studies of primative users.
althen artren Posted - 10 May 2010 : 21:14:31
I feel your pain ash, I got killed by those decks as well. A lot.
Scarred me for a long time against blue decks.

Then I learned how to build a blue deck. WA HA HA HA
Nicolai Withander Posted - 10 May 2010 : 16:04:38
Well the Sarrukh, the dragons and the elves all have a kind of first in many ways! The sarrukh I dont know how or why, but they created the nether scrolls. The dragons are just so magical that they have an innate ability! An the elves... dont get me started on the elves. They got contacted by a sertain individual. Who called himself Morpheus!
Jakk Posted - 09 May 2010 : 19:20:43
Heh... I never played Magic, and thought for a long time that it was the antithesis of role-playing... which is why I was initially horrified when WotC bought TSR. In hindsight, better that than the alternative... no comment on the latest corporate transaction.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 09 May 2010 : 17:56:21
Oh, I watch it regularly. The problem is that my best friend had a blue deck in magic where you'd get killed by Tim all the time. Two years of that 'affects' you in ways you can't describe.
Jakk Posted - 09 May 2010 : 06:13:33
That's very sad, Ashe. You need to sit down and watch "Holy Grail" at least once in the next few days... preferably the deluxe DVD edition with the Shakespearean subtitles turned on.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 23 Apr 2010 : 14:35:43
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I've heard about the first mortal magic user in the Realms. Some called him... Tim.

How sad is it that I know longer think of Monty Python first when I here that name? Instead I always thing of a prodigal sorcerer before Python.
Alisttair Posted - 23 Apr 2010 : 13:52:02
I thought Wooly was, but I could be mistaken
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Apr 2010 : 00:36:07
I've heard about the first mortal magic user in the Realms. Some called him... Tim.
Quale Posted - 22 Apr 2010 : 18:22:00
I think it was some fey creature, by spontaneous sorcery or learned from the immortal fey (why, cause of Lurue).

Or a sarrukh priest of the World Serpent

Or if you want to believe Stardeep, aboleths, but then you could throw a race of sentient jellies to the race
The Sage Posted - 22 Apr 2010 : 00:58:15
While I suspect this is something we may never know, I think you might have better lucking asking this to Ed.
jordanz Posted - 21 Apr 2010 : 23:20:03
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

the rumor is taught by Mystryl.

actual name is likely NDA or not ever listed

So what does that mean? It's an eternal mystery?
sfdragon Posted - 21 Apr 2010 : 23:12:24
the rumor is taught by Mystryl.

actual name is likely NDA or not ever listed

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000