Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 AD&D Forgotten Realms Lands of Intrigue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
woodwwad Posted - 29 Dec 2009 : 01:48:26
I'm thinking about buying this product for my next FR D&D game. I'll be running a lot in Amn but the game will be set in 3.5 It'll likely be 1371 at least before the party gets to Amn, could well be as late as 1374. Would the info on Amn be valueable enough to bother buying this book? Or is there just not enough. Any other suggestions for info on Amn, other than the Volo's Guide (BG II, I think)? As always, thank you to all who take the time to respond.

Ander
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 30 Dec 2009 : 09:57:23
LoI is one of my faves.

Along with Empire of Shining Sea, and the Calimport supplement.

I got Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate from nobleknight about 2 months ago. That is a well fleshed out area imo.
bladeinAmn Posted - 30 Dec 2009 : 07:41:08
As far as I'm concerned, LoI is a must-have for any Realms fan, no matter what edition you play, and no matter what timeline you play.
George Krashos Posted - 30 Dec 2009 : 03:32:15
'Power of Faerûn' also updates Amn.

-- George Krashos
scererar Posted - 30 Dec 2009 : 02:14:56
happy 1000th post Victor We have a new master of realms lore at the keep
Victor_ograygor Posted - 29 Dec 2009 : 10:38:02
Lands of Intrigue is a real great, when I played in Forgotten Realms I used it a lot because most of my players didn’t know much of the areas described in the books

You will find Information on Thetyr, Amn and solid lore one the people who live there
Detailed information on: Cowled Wizards, Knights of the Shield, Shadow Thieves, Twisted Rune.

Two big maps and some smaller maps of Thetyr and Amn

It’s a must have :O) You won’t regret buying this product
The Sage Posted - 29 Dec 2009 : 04:31:24
quote:
Originally posted by woodwwad

One other quick question, what country is Shoonach in? Sounds interesting.
The city sat alongside the River Agis, as I recall -- so I'd say almost in-between present day Tethyr and Calimshan.

Details can also be found in the Lost Empires 3e tome.
woodwwad Posted - 29 Dec 2009 : 02:24:52
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

As for other Amnian sources, Ed Greenwood's Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate II [which you've mentioned] is required reading -- at least from my perspective. There's a few brief updates in Grand History of the Realms too.

Yes, I have that one. I havn't read too much of it yet, but from what I've seen I totally agree with you on its usfulness. Volo's Guides are just great all in all. I just found the download, actually from a link off the wiki to the realms and am downloading it now, but thank you very much for pointing that out to me. Looks like they have a lot of great free stuff online there. I greatly perfer a hard copy to having it on my comp but this certainly is a great way to look at it. Thanks again, Sage.

One other quick question, what country is Shoonach in? Sounds interesting.
The Sage Posted - 29 Dec 2009 : 02:10:18
As for other Amnian sources, Ed Greenwood's Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate II [which you've mentioned] is required reading -- at least from my perspective. There's a few brief updates in Grand History of the Realms too.
scererar Posted - 29 Dec 2009 : 02:05:38
it is a great resource book
The Sage Posted - 29 Dec 2009 : 02:05:04
I'd heartily recommend LoI. Not only was it one of the best 2e FR products, but I count it as some of Steven Schend's best Realms work. Most of the Realmslore contained within its pages would still be largely relevant for most 3e campaigns based in the region, I think. Excepting, maybe, the Erlkazar stuff which received some attention and updates elsewhere, like the Master of Chains novel.

If you're curious about the tome, though, I'd suggest you download the free legal PDF of the product from WotC.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000