Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Noble Houses of Miyeritar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snowblood Posted - 26 Dec 2009 : 16:44:46
Dear Fellow scribes, not having read the drow wars of Lady Penitent novels....can any one tell me which were the Drow houses with links back to old Miyeritar???????

Cheers

PS having done most old realms & just updating Keltormir, does any one have any ideas about what I should tackle next????? I mean old realms...not just cities or dungeons......
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Aug 2015 : 18:07:42
quote:
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Lyrna of House Fathomlin. Dragon 373(DDI). The Ecology of the Sharn Article by Brian R. James. It's not a free article. I don't think she was a Dark Elf.

Yes he canonized a member of this community.

I have a road named after me.

Awesome! Which one?

Rupert's Way. On the map that was part of the "Backdrop: Cormyr" article, it connects Iraebor with Berdusk.

I had assumed it was a coincidence, but Brian R James said otherwise.
Duneth Despana Posted - 12 Aug 2015 : 14:01:42
quote:

quote:

Lyrna of House Fathomlin. Dragon 373(DDI). The Ecology of the Sharn Article by Brian R. James. It's not a free article. I don't think she was a Dark Elf.

Awesome! Which one?
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 03:18:05
LOL, you're such a saint, oh great Sage!!!
The Sage Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 01:41:30
quote:

quote:

I'm partially canonised, thanks to some lore from Krash, posted here at Candlekeep -- as the Sage Operth.
George Krashos Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 01:34:17
I created a Miyeritari noble house in GHotR. See the "snippet" for the date of the Descent of the Drow.

-- George Krashos
Lady Fellshot Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 01:25:41
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

I've also wondered about this, and found a mention of a clan Hune once. My question, is Valas Hune from WotSQ their descendant?

I don't think so. Hune is the short form of Valas's clan name Orzzl'Hune. Rather like "Do'Urden" is the shorthand for Daermon N'a'shezbaernon (the older version of the house name).

It also isn't inconceivable that someone borrowed the surname for the prestige either since a lot of time has passed between the current Realms and the Crown Wars.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 00:35:25
quote:

Brimstone Posted - 12 Apr 2010 : 22:23:15

Alystra Illianniis Posted - 12 Apr 2010 : 21:08:01
I believe so. As far as I know, there is only one such House, so anyone with that name would most likely be a descendant, or have been adopted into it.
Zireael Posted - 12 Apr 2010 : 20:07:56
I've also wondered about this, and found a mention of a clan Hune once. My question, is Valas Hune from WotSQ their descendant?
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 12 Jan 2010 : 22:28:23
Here's my thoughts- take it for what it is. I am working on the assumption that most of the Miyeritar dark elves would have come from two or three places. Obviously, House Melarn was one, and possibly Elpraugh, as stated earlier. My guess is that the drow of Ched Nasad (and by extension, Menzoberranzn) are at least partly Miyeritar descent. It makes sense, given that both cities sit near or in lands below where that kingdom would have been. Sshamath might have ties as well, sinse House Elpraugh is mentioned. So it is feasible that at least a few of the Noble Houses of any of those cities (Do'Urden or *gasp* Beanre, anyone?) might have some Miyeritar blood. The drow of the Promenade and perhaps a few in Skullport might be included, as well.
Zanan Posted - 28 Dec 2009 : 10:14:47
There's hardly any mention of this. You have to take into consideration that more than 11,000 years have passed since the decline of Miyeritar and while some strange magic may be able to trace even the thinnest vein of Miyeritar or "loyal" Eilistraeen blood in some drow of nowadays, we have no such help. So simply saying that this chap or lass who were converted to a pre-Descent "Dark Elf" by the happenings in LP belongs to an ancient Miyeritar "house" would be somewhat far fetched. For ... it might just be that in said person's CV there was someone who belonged to a Miyeritar house or someone who was just a devoted follower of the Dark Maiden. Of course, the Eilistraeens as such are not exactly known to follow the "house" hierarchy and society anyways. Thus, old Miyeritar may (!) have looked much like other ancient elven realms. It would be a good option to ask the designers of the Realms (Greenwood, Boyd) and especially the old elven realms (Cormanthyr - Empire of Elves) directly.
kysus Posted - 27 Dec 2009 : 01:37:38
Hmm. I wouldnt mind seeing some stuff on syorpiir, thearnytaar,Eiellur, or orishaar. maybe even some of the drow realms before the fall would be cool too, but thats just my thoughts.
MrHedgehog Posted - 27 Dec 2009 : 01:08:41
House Elpragh, possibly, and also possibly whatever houses the other members of the School of Ancient Arcana were members of. Although I guess they could be descended from a Miyeritar house but not be a member of that house still. (through breeding, joining other houses, etc.) And whoever the other council member had a teluu'kiira coming to him/her (I forget).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000