Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Ed Greenwood's new Eye on the Realms column

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Christopher_Rowe Posted - 04 Nov 2009 : 15:25:42
Didn't see this elsewhere, please lock it down if there's already a scroll.

Looks like Ed's new column will debut a week from today, on Wednesday, 11th November!

To push fair use right to its bleeding edge, here's how Bill Slavicsek describes the column in his latest Ampersand column (published this morning).

quote:
Who better than Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms, to spearhead a new column every month that focuses on the people, places, and things going on across the world of Faerûn? Each month, Ed will look at a small piece of the Realms—an NPC, a dungeon, an organization—and give us a glimpse into its inner workings. He’s planning to leap all over the map and talk about something completely different each month. There will be surprises galore, a little new and a little old, and it will all be accomplished in Ed’s unique style. Check it out later this month when Eye on the Realms debuts. (How does this fit into my theme for the month, you ask? Well, I happen to consider Ed Greenwood to be a very big thing, and he’s practically bursting with big ideas and cool stories. So I can’t wait to see what he turns in next!)

Cheers!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mr_Miscellany Posted - 06 Nov 2009 : 05:43:20
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

words
Unless Ed's future articles are novel-length entries, I don't think we're in danger of massed lore getting in the way of play.

In any case I'm looking forward to what Ed's going to contribute. I hope it's stuff I can use right away. Also hope he focuses on something new to the Realms and/or stuff that shows how some part of the Realms has changed and adapted to the Spellplague.

That way I can bring some new flavor to the gaming table and play off of my player's in-game knowledge to show them how parts of the setting have made the transition through the Spellplague.
Alisttair Posted - 05 Nov 2009 : 17:51:54
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm interested, but I'm still not giving WotC money until they give me what I want -- in this case, I only want Ed's articles, and I'm not paying for content I don't want.

I partly agree with you here Wooly. I want a few other things on top of Ed's articles, but there are more things I DON'T want than things I do and I don't want to pay for a lot of stuff I won't use (to Wizard's credit, their online "magazine" isn't as bad as most real magazines, which are FULL of useless content - which are in the form of advertisements)
The Sage Posted - 04 Nov 2009 : 23:37:35
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

So, one of the reasons WoTC blew up the Realms was because it was too full with all these individuals, dungeons and organisations. And now they have Ed creating more individuals, dungeons and organisations. Amusing really.
Well, we're talking about Ed here. So it's likely that some of the stuff we'll be seeing, will be material that's long lingered as unpublished in Ed's many notebooks. This new column, at least, provides Ed with an opportunity to continue the grand tradition of "filling in the gaps" as I said earlier. Kinda like his old DRAGON articles.
Uzzy Posted - 04 Nov 2009 : 20:17:12
So, one of the reasons WoTC blew up the Realms was because it was too full with all these individuals, dungeons and organisations. And now they have Ed creating more individuals, dungeons and organisations. Amusing really.
Brimstone Posted - 04 Nov 2009 : 19:26:15
I am looking forward to this.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Nov 2009 : 16:48:17
I'm interested, but I'm still not giving WotC money until they give me what I want -- in this case, I only want Ed's articles, and I'm not paying for content I don't want.
The Sage Posted - 04 Nov 2009 : 16:23:25
"He’s planning to leap all over the map and talk about something completely different each month."

-- This, is what I'd previously hoped for when news about Ed's new column first came to light. Because there's lots of "gaps" for him to fill in.
GRYPHON Posted - 04 Nov 2009 : 16:00:21
Definitely worth a read...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000