Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 master of chains

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
swifty Posted - 28 Oct 2009 : 21:49:11
why was this set in 1369 when at the time of print all the realms novels were set around 1373-1374?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 13 Nov 2009 : 15:59:56
quote:
Originally posted by J D Dunsany

Been a while since I read (and thoroughly enjoyed) 'Master of Chains', but might there not be a political-historical reason for that date?
Well, it details a little more the events of that period, since all we had before that, was the section on Erlkazar in the 2e Lands of Intrigue.
quote:
Isn't 1369 still 2nd Ed?
Yes.
J D Dunsany Posted - 13 Nov 2009 : 14:58:21
Been a while since I read (and thoroughly enjoyed) 'Master of Chains', but might there not be a political-historical reason for that date? Isn't 1369 still 2nd Ed? Might there have been a significant change in the lore that wouldn't have worked with the novel as Jess envisaged and produced it?

Just a thought...

JDD
skychrome Posted - 29 Oct 2009 : 03:04:44
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
Rosemary Jones' Crypt of the Moaning Diamond was set back over a century from that.

Really? Great, I like that! Crypt was a fun read and I love this feeling about the realms, that you can play in any time and basically all that changes are important NPCs at that time. So much freedom...
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 28 Oct 2009 : 22:34:48
Well, I don't actually have an answer to the question, but I will say that it was only the "trend" at the time to set Realms novels in the 1372-1374 time frame. There were lots of exceptions--RAS's are probably the biggest, as they were set back quite a ways. Rosemary Jones' Crypt of the Moaning Diamond was set back over a century from that.

1369 probably just fit with Jess's story.

Cheers

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000