Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Return the Avariel!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Cardinal Posted - 05 Jan 2004 : 03:20:28
Granted I know little about this subrace of elves, but After noticing that the Avariel are near extinction on Faerun... (when was the last time any Avariel really played a part of Faerunian history?.
While my faith in the Drow is well known (much to the disdain of others I'd wager a guess), I figure that the Avariel should be Saved from falling off the face of Faerun (much like a Deity of Old).From records kept in the Library, it seems there is only one known place where Avariel are known to exists. I ask my fellow Scribes, what other places do the Avariel gather, and is there a way to save this race from falling to extinction?!?!

* Drops several large books on Abjuration, Necromancy, Enchantment, and Evocation on his desk. Lighting a single Candle, he begins feverently looking through the books...*
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shadowlord Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 21:11:07
I too shall graciously accept your wine, and I care not what the weakling Eilistraee thinks, she is merely dung compared to The Masked Lord....
Naroon Shimmerflow Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 06:17:43
Indeed
The Cardinal Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 06:11:16
Never Let it be known that A follower of Set is overly rude though. I shall partake of your wine. Let us meet in the Inn of a celebration feast!
Naroon Shimmerflow Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 06:06:39

hmmm... well i`m a bit disapointed, but it`s your choic Cardinal, if you ever change youre way, i eill be here to guide you onto the path of light

Wine? anyone?
The Cardinal Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 06:02:18
Well It looks like I have decieded. It is one that Is lawful, yet allows me to remain somewhat unpredictable. He is a god of Magic, darkness, law, hate, scalykind, air and evil. Yes, Of course I am talking about the Mulhorandi Deity: Set! Unfortunate, yet decided, after all, for a Fallen Avariel, what better choice than Set? Air and Magic, as well as Hate. Yes Set is the one...for now...
Naroon Shimmerflow Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 05:42:42

Well, Cardnial it is odcourse all your choic, and Helm is a good deity indeed. The Guardian will recieve you well I think.

Shadowlord, now when you are on the surface, beware of how you talk about the Lady of song, who knows who lurkes in the moonlight around Candlekeep. maybe the sister of the moon takes it personally if you talk bad words aboud their Lady.

how about some Friewine cardinal and Shadowlord?
The Cardinal Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 05:32:45
Eilistaraee is far too trusting. Besides that, I am unable to follow a chaotic deity. It is true that which does not kill will make stronger. I just simply cannot. Call it an code of honor or duty, but I cannot follow one who merely plays me a their whims. Although Perhaps Helm may be a good choice...
Shadowlord Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 04:30:39
Bah, that weakling Eilistraee?!?!?!?!? He would be better off converting to the clergy of even Ghaunadaur than going to Eilistraee!
Naroon Shimmerflow Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 04:27:44

Ahh..Cardinal Deimos I think you choose wisly if you change you faith, remeber LAdy Moonbows arms are always open, so is Lady Elistraee, the lady of song.

I feel so much better after someone have converted from their evil ways.

Ale Cardinal?
Shadowlord Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 04:27:07
oh, and Deimos, Vhaeraun does want all races of elves to survive...... I quote from the Dogma of Vhaeraun:

Vhaeraun (Vay-RAWN) is the god of thievery and the furthering of drow aims, interests, and power in the Night Above, as the surface world is known to the faithful. He is also the god of drow males opposed to the matriarchy of Lolth, teaching that males are as skilled and valuable as females, and thus passively opposing the teachings of Lolth's clergy on this point. He believes that drow SHOULD work with the other elven races for common advancement and never associate or trade with Duergar, Svirfneblin, or other Dwarven and Gnome races. (Humans and Halflings can be tolerated, however).
The Cardinal Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 04:06:39
Don't Lie Bookwyrm! I KNOW you have the Avariel locked in one of your old treasure caverns!

As for the title... Well I could think of nothing eles
Shadowlord Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 03:26:04
Shadowlord chuckles heartily Nice jest, Bookwyrm....
Bookwyrm Posted - 12 Jan 2004 : 19:04:52
But I don't have the Avariel!

Sorry, it was what popped in my head when I saw the topic title.
Shadowlord Posted - 08 Jan 2004 : 00:08:25
too true, and if you give up lolth, Vhaeraun is always interested in new worshipers........
Cyric Posted - 07 Jan 2004 : 12:00:14
Could not agree more expept with the human part it is like Amantura it is just not right
The Cardinal Posted - 07 Jan 2004 : 06:09:39
Indeed, I may have to give Lolth up. It's just not.... effective to be praising one, who would go against the very core of the thought. So after preforming a careful checklist I was able to limit the list of potential patrons (who I'd grant little more than lip service to) are as Follows (In Order): Tiamat, Set, and Savras.

Anyways I need a deity that may take more intrest in the Salvation and Preservation of the Avariel... For it is their continued existence that matters. It breaks my stone heart to know that they are so close to falling into oblivion... (The only race that deserves that fate be Humans )

But for once I am in agreement with Cyric, To go out with a bang is honorable (still sad, but they made a stand in their final moments) But to simply fade from existence... There is no worse fate as it is not with a mighty roar, nor even a whimper... but a sad sigh.... Heart wrenching....
Shadowlord Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 21:06:50
No thanks required Alaundo. I'm merely doing my duty as a scribe of Candlekeep. Maybe next time my idea will be even better, Oooh, how about a shrine to Vhaeraun in the basement???? One can never have too many hostile drow in his basement!
Alaundo Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 20:56:48
Well met

Thank you for your suggestion Shadowlord, not a bad thought at all, but I dont think a seperate area dedicated to such topics is required as they can openly be discussed within other parts of the library.

The "basement" idea has got me thinking though
Ezindir the dark Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 20:49:43
::Shrugger::
Shadowlord Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 20:25:31
Quote by Alaundo

Well met

Indeed Shadowlord, tell me of your idea.....im all ears

Thank you for listening Alaundo. I was wondering if we could create a Candlekeep basement, Kind of like the Candlekeep Inn, where the darker aspects of the realms can be discussed (drow, shades, Zhentarim, Cult of the Dragon, the City of Shade, etc.) Granted, I know we can just open forums for these types of things, but I was thinking of a more permanent area. Do get back to me if you are interested, or even if you are not. I find that criticism merely helps improve (unless I'm in a bad mood, then its backstabbing time!!!).
Cyric Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 16:21:36
The onley way if they embrace the whorship of Cyric the one then The one wil save them i think.And no god or race deserves to fade away it is just sad
Ezindir the dark Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 15:30:28
quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal Deimos

Candlekeep is a mighty place indeed. After searching through several tomes, I have found (within Alaundo's bookshelves) the 3rd ed. racial write up, on the Avariel themselves. I am merely afraid (however) as they seem to be a more free race of elves (gasp, dare I say I may give up the drow?!?), I am afraid they will go the way of Amunator and simply fade into the Legends of the Past. As we already see, the place of the Avariel is almost nearly a foot note. other than Aerie (from the BG series), How close to dying out from neglect they have come. Some of us (myself included) never even heard of the winged folk. I repeat the Avariel Must be saved!
Many thanks to the scribes of Candlekeep who came before me, for the racial traits of the Avariel. I begging ye fellows of the scrolls, there must be a way to save the Avariel from falling to ruin!

Yes, leave your old and evil drows and see the light !!
Ezindir the dark Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 15:27:32
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

ooops, lol, sry, ur right , what i was looking at was when she snuck in through the sewers into the Hulorn's palace, home, building thingee. Earlier novel, and you are right, it was named kith, lol, I concede to your wisdom Zacas. THis is the first time, and probably the last time, I will do so. lol. I'm quite prideful. A fault to be sure, but at least it keeps me happy

also, please refrain from the headsmacking, I'm still recovering from alaundo's staff of the irritated moderator +3, lol

You did!! Good job, I have had some days in bed after a smack in my head from it !!
Alaundo Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 08:56:23
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

hmmm, in my experience, the arrogant are the first to fall, though I'm sure you'll prove to be the exception. Hmm, I had an idea I was thinking of presenting to alaundo, or maybe Bookwyrm or the sage, would you be willing to listen?

Well met

Indeed Shadowlord, tell me of your idea.....im all ears
Shadowlord Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 01:55:34
hmmm, in my experience, the arrogant are the first to fall, though I'm sure you'll prove to be the exception. Hmm, I had an idea I was thinking of presenting to alaundo, or maybe Bookwyrm or the sage, would you be willing to listen?
Zacas Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 01:50:11
::snickers:: Hmm... one such as myself (someone too lazy) cannot be bothered or expected to remember them ALL... there are so many commandments after all... just be glad you are allowed to leave without getting smacked upside the head...
Shadowlord Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 01:40:16
Ahh, now you are going too far, Zacas. I merely conceded to your wisdom in "one" instance. Do not gloat overly much, for the drow have a long memory, mine longer than most. Nor do we forgive......

Though I must admit, I thought I breached the 587th commandment, not the 567th.
Zacas Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 01:19:26
::grins and gloats over Shadowlord:: Begon Sinner! you have broken the 567th commandment "Thou shall not doubt Zacas! (at least when his memory works)"
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 01:11:27
quote:
Originally posted by Zacas

i also believe there was an Avariel in a novel... i think it was one of the Sembia novels, the one about the maid that was half-elf... if i recall right... she helped one escape from some bandits or some such...

actually that was Aerie as well, she was captured by bandits n then caged n had her wings cut off...come 2 think of it, couldnt they be restored with magics??? regeneration of a sort???
Shadowlord Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 01:10:11
ooops, lol, sry, ur right , what i was looking at was when she snuck in through the sewers into the Hulorn's palace, home, building thingee. Earlier novel, and you are right, it was named kith, lol, I concede to your wisdom Zacas. THis is the first time, and probably the last time, I will do so. lol. I'm quite prideful. A fault to be sure, but at least it keeps me happy

also, please refrain from the headsmacking, I'm still recovering from alaundo's staff of the irritated moderator +3, lol

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000