Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novel Price Increase?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Red Walker Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 00:54:15
Was just checking out my wish list on Amazon and noticed all the unreleased Realms books I have on my list went up by $1. Not a big deal, but like many, we budget our $ down to the last dollar, so any increase in the "recreation" budget is not happening

Looks like a new price point from now on I guess. Maybe it is industry wide with new paperbacks, but this is a horrible time for any product to raise prices 14%.

Guess I will have to be more stringent before buying a book.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hawkins Posted - 14 Aug 2009 : 19:51:46
quote:
Originally posted by ranger_of_the_unicorn_run

They were always $6.99 for me. (Except Evermeet, which was $7.99.)
This was my experience as well when I started buying novels (opposed to borrowing them from the library, where I then had to give them back).
Sermon Bath Posted - 13 Aug 2009 : 19:02:38
the first saturday of every month Goodwill sells everything for half
price. That means all paperback books are 65 cents each. I go and
buy every fantasy book they have that is in good condition. (I usually
find around 10) I then take these to my local used book store and trade them in for store credit. She usually gives me around from 1.50
to 2.00 bucks for each book. I then used the store credit to get whatever I want for free. I wind up getting about 7 or eight books
that I want for my investment of around six or seven dollars. Its a
darn cool system
The Red Walker Posted - 13 Feb 2009 : 16:09:10
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Hey, when I started buying novels from TSR, they were all $3.95.

I figured you first novel cost about 6 bits old hamster
hawkytom Posted - 13 Feb 2009 : 08:10:10
quote:
Originally posted by ranger_of_the_unicorn_run

The problem is that even when inflation goes down, the prices of a lot of things remain where they are. Gas, groceries, things like that will go back down, but rarely will books go back down in price.

Bingo!
ranger_of_the_unicorn_run Posted - 10 Feb 2009 : 19:08:31
The problem is that even when inflation goes down, the prices of a lot of things remain where they are. Gas, groceries, things like that will go back down, but rarely will books go back down in price.
Lord Karsus Posted - 10 Feb 2009 : 18:21:41
-Paizo's .PDF file downloads have also increased by a dollar sometime recently.

-The price of basic things, like oil, paper, food, whatever, goes up, and everything follows.
Corrupteddragon Posted - 10 Feb 2009 : 17:32:46
Almost all PB's from all publishers have increased to 7.99. Actually there were alot at 7.99 before the WoTC books went up. Mainly its from the price of paper going up.
darkcrow Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 16:43:07
It's probably not Amazon's doing. It's probably the cover price. I buy my new releases (paperback ones) at Barnes and Nobles cause I have to have it now and I noticed that the books that should of been $6.99 are now $7.99. Except for Greenwood's work. His was always $7.99 and it's probably $8.99 now
Kiaransalyn Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 15:58:47
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Well, then the price increase is surely WotC's attempt at helping with the anti-deflation policy

Or Amazon's?

In any case, it's jolly decent of them because I hate buying things that were more expensive a year ago.
Kajehase Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 13:46:31
Well, then the price increase is surely WotC's attempt at helping with the anti-deflation policy
Kiaransalyn Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 12:51:27
Strange time to increase prices, especially since every news story I read is about how governments are taking action to prevent deflation.
The Sage Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 03:31:02
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I remember that... especially when I was [foolishly] purchasing them direct from the US weeks before their release here. Of course, I was also paying over $10.00 for postage & handling, so...
ranger_of_the_unicorn_run Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 02:55:46

They were always $6.99 for me. (Except Evermeet, which was $7.99.)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 02:29:20
darkcrow Posted - 08 Feb 2009 : 02:09:20
ya, I noticed that too. When I was getting used books for my out of print Realms books, it cool to see the cover price being at $4.99. Those were the days!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000