Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Request for CK2.0

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 21:51:32
Please move the "subscribe to this topic" button AWAY from the "reply to this topic" button.

I just deleted another 81 E-Mails care of CK......
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fillow Posted - 10 Jun 2009 : 18:40:13
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I *think* Alaundo's mentioned something about an RSS feed for Candlekeep 2 before. I'll have to check.

I was sure you did!
The Sage Posted - 10 Jun 2009 : 15:19:22
I *think* Alaundo's mentioned something about an RSS feed for Candlekeep 2 before. I'll have to check.
Fillow Posted - 10 Jun 2009 : 10:15:21
It may be in the list of all the things that the admin and mods plan to set for the so waited CK2.0 but Does one ever know?

Is a RSS feed or at least a suscribable newsletter in the list ? ATM, it would be useful but I may be in a mist
The Sage Posted - 05 Jun 2009 : 14:45:44
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

Maybe an upgraded and more advanced version of the 'search' function would be an asset for the new incarnation of the forum...?

Aye.

Alaundo and I have spoken about this previously, and I've tinkered with a few alternatives during his absence from these halls.

Rest assured, and as the furry hamster notes above, an updated search function is among the "Top 5" list of things to do for Candlekeep 2.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Jun 2009 : 14:08:56
The current search function taking you to the thread instead of a page within the thread is one of the biggest complaints I've seen. That is certainly on the list of requests for 2.0.
Fillow Posted - 05 Jun 2009 : 13:19:51
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

Maybe an upgraded and more advanced version of the 'search' function would be an asset for the new incarnation of the forum...?

I think the search tool of CK is one of the best (if not THE best) I ever seen in forums.
You can select the forums, the author, the date, message or title, phrase, words

What would you like to add to it ?

After few thoughts, the only one tool which could miss is the page where the word we look for is and not only the whole thread. Is it what you wrote about ?

And as says my hero : what else ?
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 05 Jun 2009 : 12:48:01
The Sage Posted - 23 Apr 2009 : 16:50:10
As far as I know, Alaundo's still tinkering with the update when and where he can.

Perhaps you could contact via email, if you're interested in lending some further assistance.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 23 Apr 2009 : 14:46:29
How goes the site update?

I figure, since I'm in a bit of a lull right now on the weekends, I can offer my services (free of charge, of course) to help if needed.
Brimstone Posted - 18 Nov 2008 : 20:17:46
-You have too much time on your hands Markus.

BRIMSTONE
Fillow Posted - 18 Nov 2008 : 20:11:36
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Oh... and we need a smiley of a hamster running around a wheel... just for Wooly.

(Like This)

Wonderful !
I like it !
Markustay Posted - 18 Nov 2008 : 04:59:52
Oh... and we need a smiley of a hamster running around a wheel... just for Wooly.

(Like This)
Jakk Posted - 17 Nov 2008 : 00:32:44
quote:

<snip>
And since I just reminded myself - we need a slew more smileys with CK 2.0 (at least as many as WotC has). Its so easy to be misunderstood on the Internet without all the facial expressions to go with it.

I second that emoticon.

Emoticon carried?
Brimstone Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 14:01:57
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Quite the little chatter-box, ain't I?
Indeed. Too bad you don't have a convenient on/off switch like C-3PO. Or even Data for that matter.

-

-Yes MORE !!!

BRIMSTONE
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 13:53:21
quote:

I probably spend a good thirty minutes or so just clicking through all the threads here each day to see if it is one I already posted in.

That's why I use the Active Topics and Automatic update on the site. Of course, that doesn't always stop me from posting multiple times on a subject...
The Sage Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 12:46:01
quote:

Indeed. Too bad you don't have a convenient on/off switch like C-3PO. Or even Data for that matter.
Markustay Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 07:27:08
Yeah, Paizo has some nice features as well (from what I understand their forums are fully integrated into the rest of their site -custom built from the ground up).

I like that I can just look at my own profile and it lists the last half dozen or so threads I posted in, so when I go back a few days later I don't have to sit there and try to remember which I posted in to see if I got any responses.

I probably spend a good thirty minutes or so just clicking through all the threads here each day to see if it is one I already posted in.

And since I just reminded myself - we need a slew more smileys with CK 2.0 (at least as many as WotC has). Its so easy to be misunderstood on the Internet without all the facial expressions to go with it.
Brimstone Posted - 08 Nov 2008 : 14:01:24
-Hey Markus, just watch where you click next time!

-Yes I do like the Enworld fork thread feature.

BRIMSTONE
Alaundo Posted - 30 Oct 2008 : 18:12:58
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Yeah... that's why I want it, because I find myself guilty of pulling threads off topic, and then having to do my duty as a responsible community member and pull the thread back on topic.

Anyway, Alaundo, I have another suggestion for a new feature: When clicking on a user name to see their profile, I would also like the profile to show us the date and time of their single most recent post. Knowing which scrolls they have posted to most recently is nice, but it would be nice to be able to know how active a scribe currently is, because the "most recent posts" takes you to the beginning of the scroll in question, rather than the specific post by that user. Thanks!

Well met

Thy request has been noted, Jakk and will be taken into consideration

Kind aint I
Jakk Posted - 30 Oct 2008 : 04:39:05
Yeah... that's why I want it, because I find myself guilty of pulling threads off topic, and then having to do my duty as a responsible community member and pull the thread back on topic.

Anyway, Alaundo, I have another suggestion for a new feature: When clicking on a user name to see their profile, I would also like the profile to show us the date and time of their single most recent post. Knowing which scrolls they have posted to most recently is nice, but it would be nice to be able to know how active a scribe currently is, because the "most recent posts" takes you to the beginning of the scroll in question, rather than the specific post by that user. Thanks!
Markustay Posted - 24 Oct 2008 : 23:32:23
I've noted that over there as well, and I'm a member of about a dozen forums (not all of them game-related), and ENworld is the ONLY site I have ever seen that on.

It's pretty cool, and cuts WAY down on the 'side chatter' that bogs down so many other sites.
Jakk Posted - 20 Oct 2008 : 07:26:56
I was just on EnWorld thanks to a Google search for things Wizbroesque, and I found another feature I'd like to see on the boards for CK2.0... "Fork to New Thread". I don't know how it works on EnWorld (not being a member) but I see it working like the "Reply with Quote" button, except that it first asks you for a title for the new thread, and copies the quoted post into the edit window for the new thread. That would be awesome; I've been copying and pasting to new threads a few times lately, thanks largely to me finding tangentially relevant posts and not wanting to continue a thread that doesn't have the right subject heading.

Thanks!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Oct 2008 : 15:40:06
quote:

I do catch it sometimes, but I usually have half a dozen windows opened at once, so I don't always notice (and sometimes its just late, and I don't realize what happened, and just click again).

But it happens so often I sometimes wonder how I could be missing it that much?

I hate to say it, but I've only done that a couple of times. And I, too, usually have multiple windows open.
Markustay Posted - 05 Oct 2008 : 07:02:51
I do catch it sometimes, but I usually have half a dozen windows opened at once, so I don't always notice (and sometimes its just late, and I don't realize what happened, and just click again).

But it happens so often I sometimes wonder how I could be missing it that much?
Fillow Posted - 04 Oct 2008 : 11:47:13
Mark, I think you should not be drunk when you come to the Keep !

When you make the mistake, then you immediatly realize you did because the reply page does not appear. So, you just have to click again at the same place to unsuscribe to the topic.
Then you can reply with the good link.

But maybe I did not understand the real matter you wrote about.
Markustay Posted - 04 Oct 2008 : 04:28:32
I do it without fail at least once a month, and since I only read my E-Mail about once a month I sometimes have an enormous amount from CK.

This week, because WotC was down for a couple of days, I did it THREE times!

Thats a personal record... <grumble, grumble>
The Sage Posted - 04 Oct 2008 : 01:56:40
I'm sure Alaundo will take this into consideration.

-- Because I know I've made the same mistake many times before as well.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000