Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Request for CK2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  21:51:32  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Please move the "subscribe to this topic" button AWAY from the "reply to this topic" button.

I just deleted another 81 E-Mails care of CK......

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Oct 2008 21:52:22

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  01:56:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure Alaundo will take this into consideration.

-- Because I know I've made the same mistake many times before as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  04:28:32  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do it without fail at least once a month, and since I only read my E-Mail about once a month I sometimes have an enormous amount from CK.

This week, because WotC was down for a couple of days, I did it THREE times!

Thats a personal record... <grumble, grumble>

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  11:47:13  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mark, I think you should not be drunk when you come to the Keep !

When you make the mistake, then you immediatly realize you did because the reply page does not appear. So, you just have to click again at the same place to unsuscribe to the topic.
Then you can reply with the good link.

But maybe I did not understand the real matter you wrote about.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  07:02:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do catch it sometimes, but I usually have half a dozen windows opened at once, so I don't always notice (and sometimes its just late, and I don't realize what happened, and just click again).

But it happens so often I sometimes wonder how I could be missing it that much?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  15:40:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I do catch it sometimes, but I usually have half a dozen windows opened at once, so I don't always notice (and sometimes its just late, and I don't realize what happened, and just click again).

But it happens so often I sometimes wonder how I could be missing it that much?

I hate to say it, but I've only done that a couple of times. And I, too, usually have multiple windows open.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2008 :  07:26:56  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just on EnWorld thanks to a Google search for things Wizbroesque, and I found another feature I'd like to see on the boards for CK2.0... "Fork to New Thread". I don't know how it works on EnWorld (not being a member) but I see it working like the "Reply with Quote" button, except that it first asks you for a title for the new thread, and copies the quoted post into the edit window for the new thread. That would be awesome; I've been copying and pasting to new threads a few times lately, thanks largely to me finding tangentially relevant posts and not wanting to continue a thread that doesn't have the right subject heading.

Thanks!

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2008 :  23:32:23  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've noted that over there as well, and I'm a member of about a dozen forums (not all of them game-related), and ENworld is the ONLY site I have ever seen that on.

It's pretty cool, and cuts WAY down on the 'side chatter' that bogs down so many other sites.

Edited by - Markustay on 24 Oct 2008 23:32:39
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  04:39:05  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah... that's why I want it, because I find myself guilty of pulling threads off topic, and then having to do my duty as a responsible community member and pull the thread back on topic.

Anyway, Alaundo, I have another suggestion for a new feature: When clicking on a user name to see their profile, I would also like the profile to show us the date and time of their single most recent post. Knowing which scrolls they have posted to most recently is nice, but it would be nice to be able to know how active a scribe currently is, because the "most recent posts" takes you to the beginning of the scroll in question, rather than the specific post by that user. Thanks!

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  18:12:58  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Yeah... that's why I want it, because I find myself guilty of pulling threads off topic, and then having to do my duty as a responsible community member and pull the thread back on topic.

Anyway, Alaundo, I have another suggestion for a new feature: When clicking on a user name to see their profile, I would also like the profile to show us the date and time of their single most recent post. Knowing which scrolls they have posted to most recently is nice, but it would be nice to be able to know how active a scribe currently is, because the "most recent posts" takes you to the beginning of the scroll in question, rather than the specific post by that user. Thanks!

Well met

Thy request has been noted, Jakk and will be taken into consideration

Kind aint I

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2008 :  14:01:24  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Hey Markus, just watch where you click next time!

-Yes I do like the Enworld fork thread feature.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2008 :  07:27:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Paizo has some nice features as well (from what I understand their forums are fully integrated into the rest of their site -custom built from the ground up).

I like that I can just look at my own profile and it lists the last half dozen or so threads I posted in, so when I go back a few days later I don't have to sit there and try to remember which I posted in to see if I got any responses.

I probably spend a good thirty minutes or so just clicking through all the threads here each day to see if it is one I already posted in.

Quite the little chatter-box, ain't I?

And since I just reminded myself - we need a slew more smileys with CK 2.0 (at least as many as WotC has). Its so easy to be misunderstood on the Internet without all the facial expressions to go with it.

Edited by - Markustay on 14 Nov 2008 01:57:31
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2008 :  12:46:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Indeed. Too bad you don't have a convenient on/off switch like C-3PO. Or even Data for that matter.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2008 :  13:53:21  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I probably spend a good thirty minutes or so just clicking through all the threads here each day to see if it is one I already posted in.

That's why I use the Active Topics and Automatic update on the site. Of course, that doesn't always stop me from posting multiple times on a subject...

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2008 :  14:01:57  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Indeed. Too bad you don't have a convenient on/off switch like C-3PO. Or even Data for that matter.

-

-Yes MORE !!!

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2008 :  00:32:44  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

<snip>
And since I just reminded myself - we need a slew more smileys with CK 2.0 (at least as many as WotC has). Its so easy to be misunderstood on the Internet without all the facial expressions to go with it.

I second that emoticon.

Emoticon carried?

Edited by - Jakk on 17 Nov 2008 00:34:09
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2008 :  04:59:52  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh... and we need a smiley of a hamster running around a wheel... just for Wooly.

(Like This)

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Nov 2008 05:03:13
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2008 :  20:11:36  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh... and we need a smiley of a hamster running around a wheel... just for Wooly.

(Like This)

Wonderful !
I like it !

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2008 :  20:17:46  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-You have too much time on your hands Markus.

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  14:46:29  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How goes the site update?

I figure, since I'm in a bit of a lull right now on the weekends, I can offer my services (free of charge, of course) to help if needed.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2009 :  16:50:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as I know, Alaundo's still tinkering with the update when and where he can.

Perhaps you could contact via email, if you're interested in lending some further assistance.

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2009 :  12:48:01  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe an upgraded and more advanced version of the 'search' function would be an asset for the new incarnation of the forum...?

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 05 Jun 2009 12:48:34
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2009 :  13:19:51  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

Maybe an upgraded and more advanced version of the 'search' function would be an asset for the new incarnation of the forum...?

I think the search tool of CK is one of the best (if not THE best) I ever seen in forums.
You can select the forums, the author, the date, message or title, phrase, words

What would you like to add to it ?

After few thoughts, the only one tool which could miss is the page where the word we look for is and not only the whole thread. Is it what you wrote about ?

And as says my hero : what else ?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2009 :  14:08:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The current search function taking you to the thread instead of a page within the thread is one of the biggest complaints I've seen. That is certainly on the list of requests for 2.0.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2009 :  14:45:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

Aye.

Alaundo and I have spoken about this previously, and I've tinkered with a few alternatives during his absence from these halls.

Rest assured, and as the furry hamster notes above, an updated search function is among the "Top 5" list of things to do for Candlekeep 2.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2009 :  10:15:21  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may be in the list of all the things that the admin and mods plan to set for the so waited CK2.0 but Does one ever know?

Is a RSS feed or at least a suscribable newsletter in the list ? ATM, it would be useful but I may be in a mist

La brute.com

Edited by - Fillow on 10 Jun 2009 10:35:58
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2009 :  15:19:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I *think* Alaundo's mentioned something about an RSS feed for Candlekeep 2 before. I'll have to check.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2009 :  18:40:13  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I *think* Alaundo's mentioned something about an RSS feed for Candlekeep 2 before. I'll have to check.

I was sure you did!

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000