Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 H1 - Bloodstone Pass

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 02 Sep 2002 : 21:57:50
Could someone please clarify the contents of Bloodstone pass (as in what comes in the box!). I expect this is the rarest FR product and i doubt ill ever lay my hands on a copy.

Also, if you have this product or have DM'd or played it, what did you think? I have gone through "H4 - The Throne of Bloodstone" but it takes place someone else (dont wanna mention it here incase of spoilers!) so i cant really get an idea about the other products in the series.

Thanks

Rad

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 22 Sep 2008 : 06:07:36
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Mod Edit: Cast Shorten URL.

Oh, that is great! I'm going to have to use that one!

I had a feeling that'd be the case. I want to start thinking up some other similar names for most of the more typical Mod Edits we perform too.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 22 Sep 2008 : 05:10:26
quote:

Oh, that is great! I'm going to have to use that one!
Thauramarth Posted - 15 Sep 2008 : 08:01:58
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

I had no trouble unzipping any of the files on a Mac, but I have no idea what application is needed to open a file with the "fcw" extension.

Some additional information - a free Campaign Cartographer file viewer is available from the website of the manufacturer: here (sorry, Sage, don't remember how to make that into a nice "here" link).

The Sage Posted - 15 Sep 2008 : 00:42:48
quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

quote:

Hmmm... an .fcw extension doesn't immediately sound familiar. It might be an error in the file declaration.

.fcw is an extension used for Campaign Cartographer Maps; it is also the file format extension used for all the maps in the FRIA.

My thanks Thauramarth. I've never used "Campaign Cartographer," so I wasn't familiar with the file format for the maps.
Thauramarth Posted - 14 Sep 2008 : 23:46:29
quote:

Hmmm... an .fcw extension doesn't immediately sound familiar. It might be an error in the file declaration.

.fcw is an extension used for Campaign Cartographer Maps; it is also the file format extension used for all the maps in the FRIA.
Markustay Posted - 14 Sep 2008 : 16:14:46
quote:

I'll look into the archives and see if there's a problem, Markus.

Thanxs, Sage.

You too, JK - I hadn't noticed the file ext thing. I've solved problems running videos before just by chnaging the ext, so that may work here as well.
The Sage Posted - 14 Sep 2008 : 03:13:42
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 14 Sep 2008 : 03:11:01
I had no trouble unzipping any of the files on a Mac, but I have no idea what application is needed to open a file with the "fcw" extension.

The Sage Posted - 14 Sep 2008 : 01:31:26
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Has anyone else had trouble opening up those files? All the other Northern Journey files open just fine for me, but for some reason I get an 'error message' whenever I try to un-compress any of the Bloodstone files. Windows just says "Unrecognized Compression Format". Its weird, because I would think ALL the NJ journals would be the same format, but none of the others are giving me that problem.

If someone wants to be a pal and re-compress them and send them to me, I'd be most grateful. I used the NJ map of Impiltur for a reference when I did my version, and it worked out very well, and now that I'm working on both a 3e and 4e version of the Bloodstonne Lands, I could use all the help I can get.
I'll look into the archives and see if there's a problem, Markus.
Markustay Posted - 13 Sep 2008 : 21:15:02
Has anyone else had trouble opening up those files? All the other Northern Journey files open just fine for me, but for some reason I get an 'error message' whenever I try to un-compress any of the Bloodstone files. Windows just says "Unrecognized Compression Format". Its weird, because I would think ALL the NJ journals would be the same format, but none of the others are giving me that problem.

If someone wants to be a pal and re-compress them and send them to me, I'd be most grateful. I used the NJ map of Impiltur for a reference when I did my version, and it worked out very well, and now that I'm working on both a 3e and 4e version of the Bloodstonne Lands, I could use all the help I can get.

I found a great little story about Vassa in Realms of Shadow that dates back before Zhengyi, so now I have to put all those cute little marshes and moors back on the map.

quote:
Originally posted by Ahwe Yahzhe

Did you say NEW MAP OF THE MOONSEA?

(drool)

Yes, I'm combining ALL of the 1e/2e/3e sources, along with any applicable 4e ones (like ruins, which should have been there in 3e, even if created for 4e). There was a strange map of Thar posted awhile back to go with a Rich Baker article, and it made a lot more sense once his novel Swordmage came out (at the time, I think people were asssuming it was a 3e map of Thar).

Also trying to get some locales from the Pools of... series, but some of the stuff just doesn't jibe (like the complete lack of taking into account Zhentil Keep).

Pandora Posted - 09 Sep 2008 : 12:01:00
Btw. the excellent Northern Journey campaign has some pretty good and detailed background for the H1-4 modules (part 7). Sadly this material is soooooooooo extensive that its a long read.
The Sage Posted - 02 Sep 2008 : 01:20:36
quote:
Originally posted by Ahwe Yahzhe

BTW, did any body else notice that Phlan is back in 4e FR?
I didn't think that was much of a surprise. As Grand History indicated (SPOILER):- In 1375 DR Zhentil Keep marched in and took over Phlan.
Ahwe Yahzhe Posted - 01 Sep 2008 : 22:38:13
Did you say NEW MAP OF THE MOONSEA?

(drool)

Share, yes? I have no artistic ability, but wanted a version that includes all the landmarks of Thar from both Sons of Gruumsh and the Mysteries of Moonsea... even if the two governments described for Melvaunt are incompatible. (SoG followed previous sourcebooks, while MoM changed it into something else...) I'll use the 100-year gap in my 4e FR campaign to reintroduce Melvaunt as a reluctant ally of the other Moonsea cities and Cormanthor, with Thar still a threat in their backyard.

BTW, did any body else notice that Phlan is back in 4e FR? Thought that town was toast...
Brimstone Posted - 27 Aug 2008 : 21:57:18
-Another exellent map Markus!

BRIMSTONE
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 27 Aug 2008 : 06:46:10
Very nice, map, indeed!

Markustay Posted - 19 Aug 2008 : 20:42:33
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Will someone tell me, please: which module features a detailed map of Ashanath?
The Unapproachable East has a good one in it, and its the most up-to-date.

I'm working on a new one of the NE (Moonsea. Bloodstone Lands, Nar) right now...

The Best I have to offer ATM is my Thesk WIP.
Zanan Posted - 19 Aug 2008 : 20:14:52
Now, honestly, unless you really really need an original, why don't you get a PDF copy over at RPGnow or Paizo and either print it at home or in the copyshop of your choice? For home use only, of course?

The Bloodstone Pass sourcebook is one of the finest of that age.
Pandora Posted - 19 Aug 2008 : 12:59:19
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

quote:
Originally posted by Pandora

[quote]Originally posted by Dargoth

H1 is basically a D&D version of The seven Samurai with a town still ruled by a hereditary noble.

That actually tempts me to buy the module. Love that movie.

If you have the movie in mind you can picture the events much easier, although you have to translate them into a FR style. One of the best modules ever created IMO.
Jorkens Posted - 19 Aug 2008 : 11:13:31
quote:
Originally posted by Pandora

[quote]Originally posted by Dargoth

H1 is basically a D&D version of The seven Samurai with a town still ruled by a hereditary noble.

That actually tempts me to buy the module. Love that movie.
Pandora Posted - 19 Aug 2008 : 03:12:05
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
Someone hasnt read RA Salvatores latest novel

I have stopped reading RA Salvatore after the 3rd time of "Drizzt fight ... bla bla ... mesmerizing dance of death ... dead opponent", so Vaasa is still ruled by Zhengyi until he gets killed by the players.

Jamallo Kreen Posted - 19 Aug 2008 : 00:02:52
Will someone tell me, please: which module features a detailed map of Ashanath?

Kuje Posted - 11 Jan 2007 : 17:26:58
quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

Lord Rad,

There are 4 x H1 Bloodstone Pass on Ebay at the moment!!!

1 on auction from the UK but has a reserve!
3 on Buy it now but from the USA

the buy it nows start at $69.95 for an incomplete and go up to $151.26 and $299.95 all plus shipping which for a boxed set can be expensive!

I am always looking for a copy myself to resell but not at those prices!

I did bid for the UK one but I did not meet the reserve!

Good Luck

Delz

Nobleknight also got most of these modules in yesterday. They are listed under the 1e D&D material, not the FR material. He has Blood Pass for 50 instead of the 80 to 200. :)
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 11 Jan 2007 : 16:22:19
You know, as long as that silly Nihmedu elf lives in Vaasa, I am for razing the whole entire land. Geh!

C-Fb
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 23:40:50
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

Well I for one AM SHOCKED, SHOCKED, SHOCKED!

That I didn't realize that was the change ;-)

It wasn't. Like I said, in Gareth's final scene he is still TRYING to forge the kingdom of Bloodstone. He does not officially rule Vaasa. It is not stated anywhere in the novel that that is the case (and no, the note from Jarlaxle didn't hand over an entire, monster-infested country to Gareth--his words were part of his little plot to rescue Artemis, and save his own skin).

Dargoth is wrong, and jumping to conclusions. Reading comprehension, people (I'll say that if people are going to assume what I've read and what I haven't). He's also forgetting that this novel took place in the PAST, and before the current FRCS, which states that both countries are still separate.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 23:37:04
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

NECROMANCY!

What happened to Vaasa?

It's still a monster-infested, lawless wasteland.

Spoiler below

Vaasa is now part of Damara

Excuse me? I have read it, thank you, and no where in that novel is it stated that Vaasa is now a part of Damara. In Gareth's last scene, he still mentions how hard he is working to clear it out and annex it, which wouldn't be the case if it was already his.
Delzounblood Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 10:25:32
Lord Rad,

There are 4 x H1 Bloodstone Pass on Ebay at the moment!!!

1 on auction from the UK but has a reserve!
3 on Buy it now but from the USA

the buy it nows start at $69.95 for an incomplete and go up to $151.26 and $299.95 all plus shipping which for a boxed set can be expensive!

I am always looking for a copy myself to resell but not at those prices!

I did bid for the UK one but I did not meet the reserve!

Good Luck

Delz

Charles Phipps Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 03:31:37
Well I for one AM SHOCKED, SHOCKED, SHOCKED!

That I didn't realize that was the change ;-)
Dargoth Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 02:55:59
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

NECROMANCY!

What happened to Vaasa?

Spoiler below

Vaasa is now part of Damara

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 02:50:23
quote:

NECROMANCY!

What happened to Vaasa?

Charles Phipps Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 02:31:46
NECROMANCY!

What happened to Vaasa?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000