Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Medicine and The Healing Arts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ClearlyPixelated Posted - 19 Aug 2008 : 22:45:22
I'm fairly new to the Forgotten Realms setting, so my knowledge of the world lacks severely. So in question, I am wondering is there any place that is solely dedicated to the Healing and/or Medicinal Arts? For example, any libraries, monasteries, schools, groups, hospital-like places, etc.
Thank you for any help that can be put forward!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 01:25:10
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Yes and yes. I can't find my copy for some reason and wasn't sure of the spelling of Jander's name or the exact title. Anyway, the point is that he spends much of his time in Waterdeep visiting an asylum which I don't think is Mystra's Arms, which if I have recalled correctly, says something about Waterdeep, in that it has two insane asylums.

Not necessarily. As I recall, when Ana died, Jander killed everyone in the asylum and then torched it. Mystra's Arms is likely either a rebuilt version of the placed Jander visited, or it's a new place altogether, perhaps built many years later.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 00:23:15
Yes and yes. I can't find my copy for some reason and wasn't sure of the spelling of Jander's name or the exact title. Anyway, the point is that he spends much of his time in Waterdeep visiting an asylum which I don't think is Mystra's Arms, which if I have recalled correctly, says something about Waterdeep, in that it has two insane asylums.

The Sage Posted - 26 Aug 2008 : 16:25:06
He's probably thinking of Vampires of the Mists by Christie Golden.
Kuje Posted - 26 Aug 2008 : 16:04:59
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

(Wasn't that also the hospital featured in that Ravenloft-Realms cross-over novel?)

You might be thinking of Jander Sunstar's line of novels/short stories. :)
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 26 Aug 2008 : 15:12:52
While detailing hospitals, let's not forget Mystra's Arms in Waterdeep, which is the asylum for those addled by The Art. (Wasn't that also the hospital featured in that Ravenloft-Realms cross-over novel?)

Waterdeep also has a Guild of Apothecaries and Physicians. Perhaps The Sage can tell us, however, whether or not surgeons belong to that or to the Butcher's Guild. I had thought there was a Barber's Guild to which they might belong, but I didn't see one listed in City of Splendors (Eric L. Boyd's book).

The Sage Posted - 20 Aug 2008 : 06:45:00
Yes -- 2e's City of Splendors for the first site. And Lands of Intrigue [which is available as a free PDF download at WotC] for the remaining locations.
ClearlyPixelated Posted - 20 Aug 2008 : 04:07:30
Many thanks to you, Sage! Are there any reference books that will give me a closer look at these places?
The Sage Posted - 20 Aug 2008 : 03:18:11
A few that immediately come to mind:-

- The House of Healing in Waterdeep.
- The Hospice of Saint Corin in Tethyr.
- St. Carwell's Hospice, in St. Carwell's Vale, Amn.
ClearlyPixelated Posted - 20 Aug 2008 : 02:15:05
That would be wonderful! There's no rush on this...it was just an idea for another character (in case my current one gets killed off), but don't let this stop from other replies!
The Red Walker Posted - 20 Aug 2008 : 00:27:34
The realms largest Hospital is in Calimport. It is operated by followers of Ilmater. I cannot recall the name, I am away from home and can get it for you in ages hours if no one else does

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000