Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Community Project

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 23 Aug 2008 : 06:11:22
I know we once started a Realm Encyclopedia but that project kind of fell by the wayside and it hasn't been worked on in over a year.

However, I was wondering if there was anyone who would be willing to help me work on documents that we could keep as Word docs/PDFs/HTMLs. I've been, slowly, when I get time, working my way through the Gray Box, since that was what I started with and making entries about different text from the box set.

My idea was to keep different documents with the sourcebook and page #'s, so people could use the entries to find the text that they might be interested in. Then we could send them to Alaundo, for him to host of course.

This was one of the most requests I also had when I was doing my NPC files, since I didn't include the page #'s in the entries.

I know also that TSR tried to do this once but the project got scrapped because IT IS time consuming and there is A LOT of text to go through but I figured that we could work together and work on it. Might take awhile but once we get some of the entries added, it would go faster because we'd only have to add the sourcebook and page # instead of adding another entry.

Like, for example, I already have the calender months, since they are in the Grey Box. So, the next sourcebook that we find that mentions them, we'd only have to add that sourcebook and page #, not another entry for the months.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone is willing to help instead of doing it all by myself, like I did for the NPC collections, which is why I got burned out on getting the npc files completed into HTML. It's a lot of work doing it by yourself.

I can send the people who are interested the .doc(s) I've started if you are willing to help me. However, right now you have to have a copy of the Gray Box cause I wanted to finish that first before moving onto another sourcebook because it has a lot of entries, which we wouldn't have to readd if we went to a different sourcebook.

BTW, I'm willing to finish the NPC HTML files, if Alaundo still has them because I lost my copies due to a hard drive problem, if anyone wants to take some of the workload and help me finish them.

This is one of the entries I have:

Inner Sea - Gray Box: Cyc of the Realms, Page 9, 17, 19.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fillow Posted - 26 Dec 2008 : 17:22:20
No probs Kuje. As you might see, I was out of the web for two weeks.
And to end the year, my own website publishing drives me crazy...
Kuje Posted - 19 Dec 2008 : 04:47:56
Btw, Fillow, I did get your email. Just with the holiday coming up next week, I've been rushing around doing stuff. :) I hope to, maybe, look over your entries over the weekend.
The Sage Posted - 09 Dec 2008 : 23:00:17
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

I already saw that with house or car keys (when cars still used keys to start !) but I never thought about using that for my "USB"-key !
Aye.

They've got some really funky designs. My current favorite is the R2-D2-shaped USB drive that has Artoo's famous beeps when the whistle sensor is activated.
Fillow Posted - 09 Dec 2008 : 18:36:43
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Kuje, just wanted to warn you that I forgot (or lost but I really do not hope that !) my USB key.
Heh. That reminds me...

At one of the crazy gadget shops I in-frequently visit, they've got these new USB drives with a "whistle-sensor" -- so that if you lose it somewhere within the immediate vicinity, whistling should help you find it because the USB drive will beep in response to your whistle.

Useful.

I already saw that with house or car keys (when cars still used keys to start !) but I never thought about using that for my "USB"-key !
I should tie everything I dayly need : keys, USB key, laptop, mp3 device, novels protective case an my darling ! I'm sure I wont lose anything at all ! I need her so much ! (she's reading over my shoulder, so I've no choice but to be nice you know !! )

But I'm totally off-topic.
Excuse-me Sage & Kuje...
read you soon fellow masters.
Fillow Posted - 09 Dec 2008 : 18:25:04
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

[quote]That sucks... I recently lost a thumb drive, but luckily it was just a little 32MB one, and I've got the stuff on it (it was a Ghost boot thumb drive) on a couple of other thumb drives. And yes, that also means I've got more thumb drives than I really need.

Mine is a 8Go one. It's my brain ! Hobbies, Realms, adresses,... I zipped a save two weeks ago so There are just the two last weeks which risk to be lost... "Just" two weeks !
I really hope it quietly lies in my desk.
I cannot ask my co-workers 'cause my desk is locked !! Sometimes, too much security does not put one's at rest !
The Sage Posted - 08 Dec 2008 : 22:56:28
quote:

Kuje, just wanted to warn you that I forgot (or lost but I really do not hope that !) my USB key.
Heh. That reminds me...

At one of the crazy gadget shops I in-frequently visit, they've got these new USB drives with a "whistle-sensor" -- so that if you lose it somewhere within the immediate vicinity, whistling should help you find it because the USB drive will beep in response to your whistle.

Useful.
Kuje Posted - 08 Dec 2008 : 19:19:59
Oh bugger! But no prob.

quote:

I know you do not care about it but my work about the three pages was saved on it.
It must be a divine lesson to punish me from having worked on the community project at the office !
Please let me few days to try to get it back. I'm on holidays and I might have saved it on my PC at work. I will tell you on next monday if you can wait a bit.

Sorry for that.

Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Dec 2008 : 18:44:05
quote:

That sucks... I recently lost a thumb drive, but luckily it was just a little 32MB one, and I've got the stuff on it (it was a Ghost boot thumb drive) on a couple of other thumb drives. And yes, that also means I've got more thumb drives than I really need.
Fillow Posted - 08 Dec 2008 : 18:13:32
I know you do not care about it but my work about the three pages was saved on it.
It must be a divine lesson to punish me from having worked on the community project at the office !
Please let me few days to try to get it back. I'm on holidays and I might have saved it on my PC at work. I will tell you on next monday if you can wait a bit.

Sorry for that.
Fillow Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 21:08:51
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

There wasn't any bad errors or anything. I just need someone to grab those 3 pages... I suppose I could have done them myself. But I wasn't sure what you meant in your earlier reply either. If you want more after those 3, we have another half a book to finish. :)

Allright Boss.
I must admit I've enough work with my sled dogs website making ! my first website and I really do not masterize (does tis word really exist?) html language. Thanks a lot to the Dreamweaver software !

I began the pages today .I think I will send it before the week end
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 15:29:38
quote:

Fillow, why don't you finish pages 18 to 20 from the DM's Sourcebook of the Realms from the 1e box set.

Kes could do pages 21 to 31.

Mark from 32 to 42.

Got it!
Kuje Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 05:39:45
There wasn't any bad errors or anything. I just need someone to grab those 3 pages... I suppose I could have done them myself. But I wasn't sure what you meant in your earlier reply either. If you want more after those 3, we have another half a book to finish. :)

quote:

quote:

Fillow, why don't you finish pages 18 to 20 from the DM's Sourcebook of the Realms from the 1e box set.

three pages only ? Were my works so bad that you do not dare to tell me you do not want me anymore in the project Kuje ?
What did I fail?
Do not hesitate to tell me. I wont be furious you know...

Fillow Posted - 02 Dec 2008 : 05:06:51
quote:

three pages only ? Were my works so bad that you do not dare to tell me you do not want me anymore in the project Kuje ?
What did I fail?
Do not hesitate to tell me. I wont be furious you know...
Kuje Posted - 01 Dec 2008 : 23:47:29

Kes could do pages 21 to 31.

Mark from 32 to 42.
Kuje Posted - 01 Dec 2008 : 03:25:09
Okay, I'll post who can do what in a day or so. :)
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 01 Dec 2008 : 00:57:00
quote:

Better late then never. :)

Anyhow, I finally finished Fillow's entries and thus, we finished the first sourcebook of the box set.

That said, who is still interested in this project? Plus, I'll have more time soon since the semester is almost over in two weeks. Also, I've already completed up to page 17 in the second book, so we can start from page 18 onward. But before that, I'd like know whose still with me. Sorry for the delay. :(

No worries about the delay, life gets stupid once in a while.

Let me know what pages and I'll get started.
~Kes
Fillow Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 20:25:00
Happy to read you again Kuje,

Those days, I work on another project (a sled dogs website creation). So my 4E index roject has been... stopped until I read the next novel of this era, Blackstaff tower. I should get time to do it before Christmas. I hope so !

But, to come back to your project Kuje, I would say I will be able to check few pages if the rythm is not faster than the previous one (round 10 pages a week if I remember well).

Tell me what is the next book we have to list inside...
Markustay Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 19:18:38
I'm pretty free ATM. The last time I got called away from home unexpectedly, but I don't see that happening again.

Then again, I didn't expect that the last time either..

I had brought my 'Old Grey Box' with me, and forget to bring it home, and it took me about a month to finally get it back (and I was having palapatations the whole time).

Anyway, I'd be willing to give it a second go, especillay since I failed to come through that last time.
Kuje Posted - 30 Nov 2008 : 18:52:50
Better late then never. :)

Anyhow, I finally finished Fillow's entries and thus, we finished the first sourcebook of the box set.

That said, who is still interested in this project? Plus, I'll have more time soon since the semester is almost over in two weeks. Also, I've already completed up to page 17 in the second book, so we can start from page 18 onward. But before that, I'd like know whose still with me. Sorry for the delay. :(
Fillow Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 04:34:15
Do not be sorry Kuje.
I've any work enough (is it a corect way to say it ? ) with the 4E index project (with... none volunteer scribe! ) and with my other website project (about sled dog stamps & sled dogs team post !)

Read you soon.
Kuje Posted - 13 Nov 2008 : 03:36:59
I haven't forgotten about this and I have been working on adding Fillow's entries to my master copy. It's just taking me awhile because I got extremely busy during Oct and so far into Nov. I should finish the entries in the next week or two.

Sorry for not giving a update.
xaviera Posted - 09 Oct 2008 : 21:28:22
oops... :o

P.S. I will note, for those unaware of it, that Vance's descriptions of magic in The Dying Earth series were the inspiration for the D&D magic system.
Fillow Posted - 09 Oct 2008 : 19:03:41
quote:
Originally posted by xaviera

From an organizational and/or procedural POV, it might help to check out the web site http://www.vanceintegral.com/, which describes an all-volunteer net-based effort that lasted several years and produced two editions of a high-quality 44-volume hardcover set of the works of SF/fantasy writer Jack Vance. Follow the first link on the main page, then "The Vance Integral Edition", then "The Story of the VIE" to get to an overview of the entire project.

Xaviera,
your link does not work because of the following coma. You should insert a space between the adress and the coma.

But the adress http://www.vanceintegral.com works indeed correctly.
Thanks for reading.
xaviera Posted - 09 Oct 2008 : 15:02:06
From an organizational and/or procedural POV, it might help to check out the web site http://www.vanceintegral.com/ which describes an all-volunteer net-based effort that lasted several years and produced two editions of a high-quality 44-volume hardcover set of the works of SF/fantasy writer Jack Vance. Follow the first link on the main page, then "The Vance Integral Edition", then "The Story of the VIE" to get to an overview of the entire project.
Markustay Posted - 09 Oct 2008 : 06:24:09
I have a little more time on my hands now that I've dropped all my 4e projects, so let me know if you need help for the next one.

I feel guilty about dropping out (life does that, sometimes), so if there is anything you still need done for this - or the next - let me know.
Fillow Posted - 09 Oct 2008 : 05:14:19
No probs Kuje,
Since I read you within the Keep, I've no doubt about your "work". I knew you did not drop the project !

I'm also busy with the 4E index project !
Kuje Posted - 09 Oct 2008 : 00:21:46
I'm still working on adding the two recent files that I received to my master copy, so I haven't forgotten, I've just been working on them and also being busy. :)
Fillow Posted - 01 Oct 2008 : 19:55:46
No probs Boss.
And do not hesitate to contact me back if you want me to correct anything.
Have a good read !

It will met me some time to work on the 4E "community project" !
Kuje Posted - 01 Oct 2008 : 04:38:49
I did get your two emails, I just haven't had the time this week to add them to my files. I probably will on friday or the wkend.
Kuje Posted - 28 Sep 2008 : 22:45:26
Not sure what you are asking.... as I've said to you a few times now, do it however you like as long as I get the page #'s for the info, so I can add it to my master file.

And no worries Fillow.

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

Oh, yeah, I should report in. I've done the raw listing of everything the pages 87 to 96. Now I divide them into the categories, right? And send the files back to you.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000