Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 FR Excerpt: The Great Dale

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brimstone Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 06:07:28
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4ex/20080731a

BRIMSTONE
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 15:10:11
-UE is one of my favorite 3.5 books.

BRIMSTONE
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 14:59:19
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

it's not that bad, at least it reflects previous lore for the region.

Things move on, the WoTC 4E Realms have moved on, all they can do is write about the current times and hopefully add something of what happened before (1E/2E/3E).

I agree. I'm not saying I like the context, but at least this time it seems like this area remains connected to previous lore.

By the way, I didn't think the Rotting Man was killed in Lady of Poison (the excerpt references the events of those novels), just defeated.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 14:10:07
Other than the fact this preview is post-Sellplague, I find no real faults with it. It's still light on information, but it's not something that was pointlessly changed (Elfharrow), lacking in Realmslore (Elfharrow, Loudwater), or that totally ignored what had come before (Elfharrow). I wish all the previews had been more like this one.

And whoa, Dargoth is back! Welcome back!
Kiaransalyn Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 12:45:09
Very fair points you make Damian.
crazedventurers Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 12:22:03
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn
<- Just so you know I'm not picking a fight.

I know .

I agree, I am not a fan of the new 4E Realms (from what I have seen or read about). I am not a fan of some things that has happened in 3E Realms either, too many RSE's for one, (clunky mechanical rules for another.....).

All WoTC can do is write about 4E as this is their new Realms, all we can hope for is that the articles are interesting and at least acknowledge the history that preceded it, in this case the Great Dale article hits (some of) the mark.

Cheers

Damian
RodOdom Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 11:53:49
The Great Dale has the opposite problem as the other previewed regions : too little has been done. 100 years have passed and the status quo is still where the novel "Lady of Poison" left things. That doesn't make much sense.
Kiaransalyn Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 11:09:42
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

Things move on, the WoTC 4E Realms have moved on,

Our bowels move regularly but it's nothing to cheer about. The problem is if they stop moving or they move on too fast. The problem with the $E Realms is that they've moved on too quick.

Put it another way, there is moving on and there is progress. I would have liked to have seen progress but what we've got is change for change's sake.

That said perhaps your choice of the words "move on" is apt. After all, people always say you have to move on after the death of a relative or close friend.

<- Just so you know I'm not picking a fight.
crazedventurers Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 09:35:20
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

Yet another excerpt, and yet another nail in the coffin of the Realms we once knew.

it's not that bad, at least it reflects previous lore for the region.

Things move on, the WoTC 4E Realms have moved on, all they can do is write about the current times and hopefully add something of what happened before (1E/2E/3E).

Cheers

Damian
Kiaransalyn Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 06:59:26
Yet another excerpt, and yet another nail in the coffin of the Realms we once knew.
Dargoth Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 06:51:39
well it is at least a bit more interesting than Loudwater

I wonder what there going to do with Soneillon seeing as how Succubus are now devils...... Im guessing she'll be killed off

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000