Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 the way you live your Realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fillow Posted - 17 May 2008 : 19:11:07
Poll Question:
Hi fellow scribes.

I post this poll with a question I wonder for many months.
What is the manner you live and learn about Forgotten Realms ?

I explain it :
Do you only read the novels ? roleplay ? play videogames ? only one of those ? all of those ?

If my questions and answers are not understandable or clear enough, feel free to edit them or to ask me to do it !
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alisttair Posted - 29 May 2008 : 12:45:17
There is missing the option: "Frequent Candlekeep website and Candlekeep forums"
Alisttair Posted - 29 May 2008 : 12:43:50
There is missing the option: "Frequent Candlekeep website and Candlekeep forums"
Fillow Posted - 25 May 2008 : 19:51:03
Thanks for having answered.

I see those who only read novels (as I do) are not so numerous.
If the latter read this post, what is your aim in reading novels if you do not play ?

Mine is only reading ! I read FR novels as one reads Dune, Star Wars, Shannarah,... ones.
I do not see FR as a roleplay universe. I played FR-D&D by boards up to last february but I ow only read. And I do not miss roleplaying. Maybe when I am up-to-date in reading... which seems impossible to reach !
Ergdusch Posted - 20 May 2008 : 08:46:19
I read the novels & I play Pen&Paper mainly. So my choice was option no. 4.

However, whenever there is a new pc game that I can afford and that runs on my computer I get it, play it once and that's it. Last one though was NWN Addon Hordes of the Underdark, which was released a while back, you see. So while I play FR pc games every once in a while, the Realms I cherish are those of the books. There is nothing better than to read a great Realms novel or browse a wonderfully detailed sourcebook.

Thinks might change with 4th edition though - will say, so far I am reluctant to buy any of the future material. But I will have enough old material to be occupied for another few years!
Alisttair Posted - 20 May 2008 : 03:15:58
I do em all!
GRYPHON Posted - 19 May 2008 : 15:02:10
I use all the means...
Jorkens Posted - 19 May 2008 : 08:03:44
Reading older novels (TSR mainly)from time to time, role-playing, reading Realms RPG products, Candlekeep lore, and modifying lore for my own game. The last one is probably what takes up most of my Realmsian time. I am not sure which category I fall in under.
Quale Posted - 19 May 2008 : 07:28:10
everything except videogames (the last one was NWN 1)
scererar Posted - 19 May 2008 : 04:35:30
I chose all options. I mostly read, play nwn2, and participate in these boards. Rarely do I get time to sit down with my group these days.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 19 May 2008 : 02:11:45
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Fellshot

Wait, shouldn't there be another option for those few of us who write stories in the Realms too? It's what I do when role play isn't an option...

I think so. And there are those who write lore articles and/or mechanics articles.

I voted all of the above.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 18 May 2008 : 12:12:03
I use all these means to live my Realms ! Until 3.5 version...Now with the release of 4th edition i'm too sceptical!!!
Lady Fellshot Posted - 18 May 2008 : 01:48:52
Wait, shouldn't there be another option for those few of us who write stories in the Realms too? It's what I do when role play isn't an option...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000