Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 the way you live your Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2008 :  19:11:07  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
Poll Question:
Hi fellow scribes.

I post this poll with a question I wonder for many months.
What is the manner you live and learn about Forgotten Realms ?

I explain it :
Do you only read the novels ? roleplay ? play videogames ? only one of those ? all of those ?

If my questions and answers are not understandable or clear enough, feel free to edit them or to ask me to do it !

Choices:

I only read novels
I only roleplay
I only play FR videogames
I read novels and roleplay
I read novels and play videogames
I roleplay and play videogames
I use all these means to live my Realms !

(Anonymous Vote)

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by - Fillow on 17 May 2008 20:44:34

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2008 :  01:48:52  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait, shouldn't there be another option for those few of us who write stories in the Realms too? It's what I do when role play isn't an option...
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2008 :  12:12:03  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use all these means to live my Realms ! Until 3.5 version...Now with the release of 4th edition i'm too sceptical!!!

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)

Edited by - BARDOBARBAROS on 18 May 2008 13:06:14
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  02:11:45  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Fellshot

Wait, shouldn't there be another option for those few of us who write stories in the Realms too? It's what I do when role play isn't an option...

I think so. And there are those who write lore articles and/or mechanics articles.

I voted all of the above.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  04:35:30  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I chose all options. I mostly read, play nwn2, and participate in these boards. Rarely do I get time to sit down with my group these days.
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  07:28:10  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
everything except videogames (the last one was NWN 1)
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  08:03:44  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading older novels (TSR mainly)from time to time, role-playing, reading Realms RPG products, Candlekeep lore, and modifying lore for my own game. The last one is probably what takes up most of my Realmsian time. I am not sure which category I fall in under.
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2008 :  15:02:10  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use all the means...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  03:15:58  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do em all!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  08:46:19  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read the novels & I play Pen&Paper mainly. So my choice was option no. 4.

However, whenever there is a new pc game that I can afford and that runs on my computer I get it, play it once and that's it. Last one though was NWN Addon Hordes of the Underdark, which was released a while back, you see. So while I play FR pc games every once in a while, the Realms I cherish are those of the books. There is nothing better than to read a great Realms novel or browse a wonderfully detailed sourcebook.

Thinks might change with 4th edition though - will say, so far I am reluctant to buy any of the future material. But I will have enough old material to be occupied for another few years!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2008 :  19:51:03  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for having answered.

I see those who only read novels (as I do) are not so numerous.
If the latter read this post, what is your aim in reading novels if you do not play ?

Mine is only reading ! I read FR novels as one reads Dune, Star Wars, Shannarah,... ones.
I do not see FR as a roleplay universe. I played FR-D&D by boards up to last february but I ow only read. And I do not miss roleplaying. Maybe when I am up-to-date in reading... which seems impossible to reach !

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2008 :  12:43:50  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is missing the option: "Frequent Candlekeep website and Candlekeep forums"

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2008 :  12:45:17  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is missing the option: "Frequent Candlekeep website and Candlekeep forums"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000