Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Star Elf from Stardeep and Darkvision

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sfdragon Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 22:33:19
Does anyone know that star elf from Stardeep and Darkvision stats??
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CorellonsDevout Posted - 08 Aug 2020 : 20:18:15
quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Stardeep was such a sad book.

but why. why was it sad.

Kiril is a tragic character, not to mention what happened to Nangulis. Plus the betrayal, and just the whole situation. I'm not saying it wasn't good--it was--but sad.
Lord Karsus Posted - 08 Aug 2020 : 18:34:58
-It's been year since I read it, but I vaguely remember the story how Kiril obtained her sword and some of the things that she was forced to do while under its "spell" as being sad. Some innocent deaths of children, I believe. Plus betrayals of friends, deaths of loved ones...she isn't a drunk for no reason.
Icelander Posted - 08 Aug 2020 : 15:35:37
quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

Just saying, moon elves and sun elves and all the other sub-races of elves seem pretty consistent in novels and canon lore, except for Stardeep. I almost felt they were more Xenophobic than wild elves. For only having Sildëyuir for roughly 2,000 years, I would imagine elves wouldn't change that much. Though the Shadovar did so in much less time. But apples and oranges I guess.

Elves are full adults at around 110-120 years of age. While exceptions exist, most elves that have children seem to have them around their second or third century. The occasional older parent is probably not enough to skew the average much, especially as elves do age and by middle-age, females of any species are rarely able to conceive. An elven generation can thus be estimated at around 200 years on average, or conveniently about ten times longer as a human generation.

Consider how extreme the cultural changes between 1920 and 2020 have been on Earth. That's about five generations. Then consider how very foreign people in 1820 would be to our modern sensibilities... and vice versa. That's ten generations and about equivalent to the 2,000 years of the star elves.

And that's not even living on a different pkane of existence, exposed to Lovecraftian horrors. We live on the same Earth as our ancestors, but in many ways, we'd consider them monsters... and vice versa.
King Libertine Posted - 08 Aug 2020 : 10:05:19
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

but why. why was it sad.
CorellonsDevout Posted - 08 Aug 2020 : 03:13:44
King Libertine Posted - 07 Aug 2020 : 21:15:48
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Oh man, talk about throwback.

-Keep in mind that Star Elves lived kind of isolated lives on the Sildeyuir, so that might explain differences. Also, Kyril and the Elves highlighted in Stardeep aren't/weren't exactly the norm.

Yes. They seemed foreign to me. Not that all races besides human don't, lol. Just saying, moon elves and sun elves and all the other sub-races of elves seem pretty consistent in novels and canon lore, except for Stardeep. I almost felt they were more Xenophobic than wild elves. For only having Sildëyuir for roughly 2,000 years, I would imagine elves wouldn't change that much. Though the Shadovar did so in much less time. But apples and oranges I guess.
Lord Karsus Posted - 07 Aug 2020 : 21:04:16
-Oh man, talk about throwback.

-Keep in mind that Star Elves lived kind of isolated lives on the Sildeyuir, so that might explain differences. Also, Kyril and the Elves highlighted in Stardeep aren't/weren't exactly the norm.
King Libertine Posted - 07 Aug 2020 : 20:55:36
I have just read the 3 books involving Kiril Duskmourn. Before that I read The Last Mythal trilogy. I never felt that the star elves in both books were the same sub-race. Am I missing something? The star elves in Stardeep seemed much different that the star elves you meet with Araevin Teshurr and Liriel Baenre, in their respective novels. I have the Races of Faerun PDF and the UE PDF and even those descriptions shine the light on star elves differently than Stardeep.

Does anyone have anything to open my eyes on the subject?
sfdragon Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 22:44:35
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

If you are interested in the Star Elf race however, you can find that in the 3.5 Unapproachable East supplement. I do not know how closely Bruce paid attention to that though seeing as I have not had a chance to get my hands on those two books yet.

coincidentally i own that book already.

it was her stats i was looking for.

well and a few other npc stats, namely Fflar's.
The Sage Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 17:22:04
quote:

If you are interested in the Star Elf race however, you can find that in the 3.5 Unapproachable East supplement. I do not know how closely Bruce paid attention to that though seeing as I have not had a chance to get my hands on those two books yet.

The Twilight Tomb module is also somewhat useful in this regard.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 16:12:28
quote:

Probably close enough attention, as Cordell had a hand in writing that supplement.
Hawkins Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 15:58:45
Alaundo Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 07:30:53
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

There haven't been any official stats released. You may want to ask Bruce directly in his scroll, about what stats he might possibly assign to Kiril.

Well met

Aye, the Sage guides ye well. For questions specific to particular novels, it's always a good option to ask the author in his or her thread. Some are not frequent visitors to Candlekeep but subscribe to their thread, and are therefroe notified when a new post arrives
The Sage Posted - 02 Apr 2008 : 01:15:34
There haven't been any official stats released. You may want to ask Bruce directly in his scroll, about what stats he might possibly assign to Kiril.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 01 Apr 2008 : 23:24:22
I don't think Kiril has ever been officially statted out.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000