Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Official flower of Silverymoon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coastiemike Posted - 13 Jan 2008 : 21:08:12
Hi all. I have searched through the various supplements I have and couldn't find anything so I'm hoping you all can help me.

My PCs are being honored at an awards ceremony in the High Palace of Silverymoon. Most of them have really gotten into what they plan to wear to the ceremony.

One of my female characters would like to wear the official flower of Silverymoon in her hair. Does anyone know what this is? If there isn't one, what would be a good choice considering how far north Silverymoon is?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 14 Jan 2008 : 06:19:25
Indeed. I'll repost Ed's reply here for ease of reference:-

"Hello, all. coastiemike, I sent your query off to Ed, who must have been camped on his computer, because he sent a reply back right away. Here 'tis:

Hi, coastiemike. There's no such thing as an "official flower" for Silverymoon, BUT there's only one flower that anyone in Silverymoon would consider using or wearing in such a ceremony. It's called either "blueshine" or "moonflower," and is a tiny white tulip-shaped flower surrounded by six triangular green leaves. The green leaves glow a vivid blue when touched by moonlight, and the white flower glows a pearly white - - and long, long ago, Silvaeren spellcasters devised a simple cantrip that duplicates moonlight closely enough to make these flowers glow under all lighting conditions, when it's applied to them.

So saith Ed. And there you have it . . .
love,
THO

Edit: Ed neglected to mention that this flower grows wild all over the Dessarin valley, among what's called "snowdrift" (a ground-hugging flower that looks like white clover). This comes from my own notes, jotted down during play over the years."
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jan 2008 : 06:02:28
Ed was quite quick to answer this one, over in his thread.
dirtywick Posted - 14 Jan 2008 : 01:43:32
In The Simbul's Gift The Simbul is given a bouquet of snow-flowers as a birthday gift from one of Alustriel's sons. It doesn't say much beyond that except it implies they only grow in Silverymoon and only Alustriel can grow them in summer.

I just read that a few days ago so it's still fresh haha
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jan 2008 : 01:30:47
I don't know if any place in the Realms has been specified as having an official flower (or bird, or anything like that)...

If I was to wing it, I'd draw from this passage on page 37 of Powers & Pantheons:
quote:
She is said to love flowers, from romantic while and red roses to simple daisies, and to have a persistent sweet tooth with special fondness for mint and for honey wine.

That's from the section on Lurue. One of her other names is Silverymoon, and the city is named after her. It's also the spiritual heart of her faith. So I'd expect that if there was an official flower, it would be one of those that Lurue likes.
Kuje Posted - 13 Jan 2008 : 21:27:15
Don't think there's any printed lore about this. I'd go ask Ed in his thread, as Rino said.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 13 Jan 2008 : 21:24:48
quote:
Originally posted by coastiemike

Hi all. I have searched through the various supplements I have and couldn't find anything so I'm hoping you all can help me.

My PCs are being honored at an awards ceremony in the High Palace of Silverymoon. Most of them have really gotten into what they plan to wear to the ceremony.

One of my female characters would like to wear the official flower of Silverymoon in her hair. Does anyone know what this is? If there isn't one, what would be a good choice considering how far north Silverymoon is?

Good question. Maybe do some research on flowers that bloom in tundra regions. Or, make something up. Or, ask Ed in his thread.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000