Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Annotated Elminster

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SirUrza Posted - 01 Dec 2007 : 05:05:00
I got my copy on Thursday, I'm shocked. It's an amazingly beautiful book. I'd have to say this easily tops the leather bound Chronicles edition that just came out for Dragonlance.
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 16 Jan 2008 : 16:59:00
You're welcome.
Alisttair Posted - 16 Jan 2008 : 16:46:20
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Yes. Show Wizards you want Collected Editions from authors that aren't RA Salvatore.

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
We can't make that decision for you. But if you loved 2 out of 3 books I see no reason why it wouldn't be worth the money.

Thanks for the advice. I went and bought it last week. Who am I to deny adding a "Collector's Edition" to my "Collection".
The Red Walker Posted - 16 Jan 2008 : 16:22:20
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

Yes. Show Wizards you want Collected Editions from authors that aren't RA Salvatore.

Well it's true. I'd love to see Song & Sword get this treatment.

Evermeet would be fantastic as well. I can just imagine the comments and notes for it!
SirUrza Posted - 16 Jan 2008 : 08:37:24
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

Well it's true. I'd love to see Song & Sword get this treatment.
Mazrim_Taim Posted - 16 Jan 2008 : 03:31:01
I actually just got it and let me say, it's a fine piece of work. It's an absolutely beautiful book and I'm excited to have all these stories I've never read plus Ed's notes to boot. Definitely worth the money if anyone hasn't gotten it yet.
Markustay Posted - 05 Jan 2008 : 19:16:53
I've gotten through the first two books, and I'm starting the third. Ed's 'musings' are an excellent insight into the srories and the Realms in general. Well worth the price and a nice edition to my collection.

quote:

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 04 Jan 2008 : 00:12:04
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Ok I have the books that are in this book. I loved Making of a Mage and Elminster in Myth Drannor but am not a big fan of Temptation. So....with said knowledge, and seeing the price on this book (which I saw at the store and is beautiful looking), should I be purchasing this??????

We can't make that decision for you. But if you loved 2 out of 3 books I see no reason why it wouldn't be worth the money.
SirUrza Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 23:31:02
Alisttair Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 22:40:27
Ok I have the books that are in this book. I loved Making of a Mage and Elminster in Myth Drannor but am not a big fan of Temptation. So....with said knowledge, and seeing the price on this book (which I saw at the store and is beautiful looking), should I be purchasing this??????
I Am Not A Bear Posted - 03 Jan 2008 : 21:40:01
I bought this recently as well. My first FR novel asides from some I borrowed from friends a while back.
Faraer Posted - 22 Dec 2007 : 17:31:21
It awaits for Christmas.
Mazrim_Taim Posted - 22 Dec 2007 : 17:02:34
I'm getting this soon. As someone who has missed out on all of Ed's Elminster books, this comes in handy. And the notes and the original art will be nice as well!
khorne Posted - 22 Dec 2007 : 08:55:03
Finally got this book. It's just beautiful.
SirUrza Posted - 17 Dec 2007 : 12:29:43
Ah.. didn't have that problem.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 16 Dec 2007 : 23:52:32
Yeah, but in my case (and apparently, in the case of some other people around here) there's a SKU sticker on the back which is stuck on so hard you can't peel it off without ripping the cover. If there was a book jacket, that wouldn't have been a problem (and besides, it's not like it couldn't be taken off if you don't want it).
SirUrza Posted - 16 Dec 2007 : 21:41:55
The book jacket takes away from the prettiness of the cover, besides, no jacket gives it that old tome feel you'd expect to find when you pull a book off El's bookstore.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 09 Dec 2007 : 04:22:19
Just bought the book today. But I am also a little upset that there was no book jacket...oh well.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 09 Dec 2007 : 00:52:03
I bought it also....It's a great book indeed .. an excellent edition...but i think the fact that it does not have a jacket-cover it's not good!! I would like it to have a jacket-cover...
AlorinDawn Posted - 08 Dec 2007 : 18:40:16
All I can say is WOW. The production value of this book is very nice. The cover, Ed's artwork he has done over the years are great additions. I am delving into this book this evening!
The Red Walker Posted - 02 Dec 2007 : 23:09:31
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Indeed, I'll be buying this as a Christmas gift for myself.

I'll buy you a copy for Xmas if you buy me one
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Dec 2007 : 22:35:01
Indeed, I'll be buying this as a Christmas gift for myself.
The Red Walker Posted - 02 Dec 2007 : 12:45:36
quote:

Got it at waldenbooks.

Not it's not leather, it's just like the amazon.com picture. The cover is completely embossed with the rune and designs you see. All the pages are ivory, giving them an old feel. At the end of each novel they added Ed's bits, instead of messing with the margins like they did for Chronicles. Ed's bits are broken into 2 chapters, one is about writing the novel, other other is about the lore in the novel. Lots of Ed original hand drawn art work too.

Sounds like something to add to the Xmas list!
SirUrza Posted - 02 Dec 2007 : 05:40:19
Got it at waldenbooks.

Not it's not leather, it's just like the amazon.com picture. The cover is completely embossed with the rune and designs you see. All the pages are ivory, giving them an old feel. At the end of each novel they added Ed's bits, instead of messing with the margins like they did for Chronicles. Ed's bits are broken into 2 chapters, one is about writing the novel, other other is about the lore in the novel. Lots of Ed original hand drawn art work too.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Dec 2007 : 00:56:56
I'd like to know where you got it...I haven't seen it yet.
The Red Walker Posted - 01 Dec 2007 : 14:30:44
quote:

I got my copy on Thursday, I'm shocked. It's an amazingly beautiful book. I'd have to say this easily tops the leather bound Chronicles edition that just came out for Dragonlance.

Nice to hear, is it leather as well?
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 01 Dec 2007 : 11:09:23
Itīs good to hear this, SirUrza. Could you be more specific about this tome?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000