Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Quick vote - Yeslick or Branwen

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Defence Minister Posted - 02 Dec 2002 : 17:45:07
Please take the time to post a quick reply with who you think is the better BG1 character out of Branwen or Yeslick.

My vote goes to Yeslick.

TDM
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nimriel Posted - 07 Dec 2007 : 12:35:15
And some people liked Edwin too.. And I liked Kivan.
And back to the topic I prefer Branwen, mosly since I hate Yeslicks name.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 16:16:15
quote:
Originally posted by Karzak

I suspect "indifferent" describes reactions to most of the joinable NPCs in BG1. Unlike the ones in BG2, their dialogue was extremely scarce, there was no party banter, and most of them didn't come with side quests. That and there were far too many of them, really.

Agreed, although a lot of people liked Minsc and Imoen, and while many people (though not me!) complained about Jaheira, she came back for the second game.
GRYPHON Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 12:04:14
Branwen...
Karzak Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 01:57:57
I suspect "indifferent" describes reactions to most of the joinable NPCs in BG1. Unlike the ones in BG2, their dialogue was extremely scarce, there was no party banter, and most of them didn't come with side quests. That and there were far too many of them, really.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 00:54:33
quote:
Originally posted by inexorable

I liked them both, but if I had to choose I'd go with Branwen. I liked her accent better and she had some pretty funny lines.

Not that Yeslick didn't but I liked Branwen's better.

I can say that the reaction to Yeslick on various internet forums could be described as "indifferent". He was a cordial enough character, but unexciting, so no one ever seemed to want to talk about him.
inexorable Posted - 05 Dec 2007 : 19:02:48
I liked them both, but if I had to choose I'd go with Branwen. I liked her accent better and she had some pretty funny lines.

Not that Yeslick didn't but I liked Branwen's better.
nbnmare Posted - 19 Nov 2007 : 12:32:31
Wow, this is honestly the biggest bump I've ever seen anywhere on the 'net, and I've been trolling on-line since late '95 .
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 19 Nov 2007 : 02:02:46
I doubt I'll get an answer to this, but...better in what way?

I used Branwen more often, but that was mainly because she appears earlier in the game than Yeslick (much earlier), and by the time you find Yeslick, most people have already "invested" in the party members they already have. Party NPCs always level up in the background before you get them, so when you encounter them they will be on par with the rest of your party. But that also means you don't get to develop them the way you would want to.

Viconia can be a problem for heroic characters, because like all evil-aligned party members, she leaves in a huff if your reputation goes above 18.
4uk4ata Posted - 18 Nov 2007 : 00:44:04
I'd go for Branwen
Hawkins Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 21:52:04
I would have to say Yeslick.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 22 Oct 2007 : 21:44:54
i prefer Branwen
Alexis Merlin Posted - 16 Jan 2003 : 23:17:08
I would say Yeslick - particularly because as I had a good alignment party and a rep of 19/20 Branwen kept complaining about not being warrior born or something...
Bellua Aeneus Lacerta Posted - 09 Dec 2002 : 03:42:02
I used Branwyn in my party, and liked her just fine.
Alaundo Posted - 05 Dec 2002 : 21:06:36
Well Met

Hmmmmm ill forgive your outburst then TDM, you seem to have calmed and mellowed sufficiently

...and I never mentioned any names, assume what you will
The Defence Minister Posted - 05 Dec 2002 : 18:52:21
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

quote:
Originally posted by The Defence Minister Acually the official recognised spelling of thankyou/thank you is thank-you

TDM

...and the official recognised spelling of "acually" is actually

I couldnt resist

LOL I didn't press the bloody key properly ;)

quote:
TDM, please refrain from posting in such a manner, maybe try counting to 10 before replying! Youre beginning to sound rather like a certain royal gnome that once couldnt control his anger on this forum
LOL Tiax I assume. My apologies Alaundo, I was very annoyed when I made my first post, the second one I thought was calmer but never mind.

TDM
Lord Rad Posted - 05 Dec 2002 : 17:43:26
quote:
Originally posted by The Defence Minister
Acually the official recognised spelling of thankyou/thank you is thank-you

TDM

...and the official recognised spelling of "acually" is actually

I couldnt resist
The Defence Minister Posted - 05 Dec 2002 : 17:20:03
Acually the official recognised spelling of thankyou/thank you is thank-you

TDM
Alaundo Posted - 05 Dec 2002 : 12:03:34
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Echon
Tell me one thing, Alaundo: do you always write 'thankyou' in one word on purpose? I have noticed that you do it nearly everytime.

Oddly enough (and I never understood it myself), but it is known as both "Thank you" and Thankyou", both are recognised as being acceptable.

....or maybe theres a bit of cheese stuckundermyspacebar?!
Echon Posted - 05 Dec 2002 : 11:15:21
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

TDM, please refrain from posting in such a manner, maybe try counting to 10 before replying! Youre beginning to sound rather like a certain royal gnome that once couldnt control his anger on this forum

Thankyou

Tell me one thing, Alaundo: do you always write 'thankyou' in one word on purpose? I have noticed that you do it nearly everytime.

-Echon
Alaundo Posted - 04 Dec 2002 : 22:22:23
Well Met

Thankyou
Echon Posted - 04 Dec 2002 : 20:54:00
quote:

So far it's Yeslick 2 - 0 Branwen

I took offence because I wanted a simple little poll with people replying quickly with their favourite out of the two for my own interest - like Tiax did.

Now you two have completely ****ed the thread up. No-one will post on it now because the initial meaning has been forgotten. Also, it does seem rather stupid that you think this thread is useless, but you still waste your own time replying to it three times, two of the posts being much longer than it would have been should you have just posted a name!!!

TDM

What happened to the ?

By the way, please notice that this is the FIFTH time I post in this thread. That is just horrible.

-Echon
Echon Posted - 04 Dec 2002 : 20:51:15
quote:
Originally posted by Kitira Gildragon

Echon- the name's Kitira. I'd apreciate it if ya didn't use that little nick name, k? And for the record, I didn't even vote =)(I really don't care- it was his idea)

Maybe you did not vote but taking your discussion in the other thread into consideration, you choice is pretty obvious, right?

Did I say Kitty? How silly, I could not possibly have said so. Honestly...that was not me, right? I mean...why would I ever say such a thing?

-Echon
The Defence Minister Posted - 04 Dec 2002 : 18:56:49
So far it's Yeslick 2 - 0 Branwen

I took offence because I wanted a simple little poll with people replying quickly with their favourite out of the two for my own interest - like Tiax did.

Now you two have completely ****ed the thread up. No-one will post on it now because the initial meaning has been forgotten. Also, it does seem rather stupid that you think this thread is useless, but you still waste your own time replying to it three times, two of the posts being much longer than it would have been should you have just posted a name!!!

TDM

Kitira Gildragon Posted - 04 Dec 2002 : 12:45:57
Echon- the name's Kitira. I'd apreciate it if ya didn't use that little nick name, k? And for the record, I didn't even vote =)(I really don't care- it was his idea)
Echon Posted - 04 Dec 2002 : 07:43:35
quote:

I am interested in the outcome. I am asking people to take just a minute to vote cos I'm interested.

If you're not why do you bother to write a long ****ing post telling me your not in twice the time it would have taken you to say your favourite?

TDM

I did not mean that you should not have posted it. My point was that until the Gnome Who Wants To Rule The World showed up, the results were pretty obvious: 1 for Yeslick, 1 for Branwen.

I apologize if you took offense - which you clearly did.

-Echon
king-tiax Posted - 03 Dec 2002 : 21:09:56
definatly Yeslik, without a doubt he rocks, and he even sings country western song
Alaundo Posted - 03 Dec 2002 : 20:55:51
Well Met

Whoah, take it easy there TDM! Theres no need to get so irrate, please try to keep it calm else ill have you clearing out the latrines after the effects of all that ale you drink which you stole from the, ahem..... "cellars"
The Defence Minister Posted - 03 Dec 2002 : 19:42:55
I am interested in the outcome. I am asking people to take just a minute to vote cos I'm interested.

If you're not why do you bother to write a long ****ing post telling me your not in twice the time it would have taken you to say your favourite?

TDM
Echon Posted - 03 Dec 2002 : 18:10:20
quote:
[
This isn't a best cleric vote, Kitira, it's a simple poll to determine the views of the Candlekeep population on a highly controversial subject

TDM
[/quote]

But since only you and the Kitty Dragon care about the two, perhaps the vote is a bit useless, hmmm?

-Echon
The Defence Minister Posted - 03 Dec 2002 : 16:58:20
quote:
Originally posted by Kitira Gildragon

You should make this fair TDM- include Viconia!

This isn't a best cleric vote, Kitira, it's a simple poll to determine the views of the Candlekeep population on a highly controversial subject

TDM

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000