Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Quick vote - Yeslick or Branwen
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2002 :  17:45:07  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Please take the time to post a quick reply with who you think is the better BG1 character out of Branwen or Yeslick.

My vote goes to Yeslick.

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2002 :  19:20:53  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neither.

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  12:56:30  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should make this fair TDM- include Viconia!

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  16:58:20  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kitira Gildragon

You should make this fair TDM- include Viconia!

This isn't a best cleric vote, Kitira, it's a simple poll to determine the views of the Candlekeep population on a highly controversial subject

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  18:10:20  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Defence Minister
[
This isn't a best cleric vote, Kitira, it's a simple poll to determine the views of the Candlekeep population on a highly controversial subject

TDM
[/quote]

But since only you and the Kitty Dragon care about the two, perhaps the vote is a bit useless, hmmm?

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  19:42:55  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am interested in the outcome. I am asking people to take just a minute to vote cos I'm interested.

If you're not why do you bother to write a long ****ing post telling me your not in twice the time it would have taken you to say your favourite?

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  20:55:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Whoah, take it easy there TDM! Theres no need to get so irrate, please try to keep it calm else ill have you clearing out the latrines after the effects of all that ale you drink which you stole from the, ahem..... "cellars"

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2002 :  21:09:56  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
definatly Yeslik, without a doubt he rocks, and he even sings country western song

My name is Tiax, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  07:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am interested in the outcome. I am asking people to take just a minute to vote cos I'm interested.

If you're not why do you bother to write a long ****ing post telling me your not in twice the time it would have taken you to say your favourite?

TDM

I did not mean that you should not have posted it. My point was that until the Gnome Who Wants To Rule The World showed up, the results were pretty obvious: 1 for Yeslick, 1 for Branwen.

I apologize if you took offense - which you clearly did.

-Echon

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 04 Dec 2002 07:44:38
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  12:45:57  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Echon- the name's Kitira. I'd apreciate it if ya didn't use that little nick name, k? And for the record, I didn't even vote =)(I really don't care- it was his idea)

-Space for rent-

Edited by - Kitira Gildragon on 04 Dec 2002 12:47:50
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  18:56:49  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So far it's Yeslick 2 - 0 Branwen

I took offence because I wanted a simple little poll with people replying quickly with their favourite out of the two for my own interest - like Tiax did.

Now you two have completely ****ed the thread up. No-one will post on it now because the initial meaning has been forgotten. Also, it does seem rather stupid that you think this thread is useless, but you still waste your own time replying to it three times, two of the posts being much longer than it would have been should you have just posted a name!!!

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  20:51:15  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kitira Gildragon

Echon- the name's Kitira. I'd apreciate it if ya didn't use that little nick name, k? And for the record, I didn't even vote =)(I really don't care- it was his idea)

Maybe you did not vote but taking your discussion in the other thread into consideration, you choice is pretty obvious, right?

Did I say Kitty? How silly, I could not possibly have said so. Honestly...that was not me, right? I mean...why would I ever say such a thing?

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  20:54:00  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So far it's Yeslick 2 - 0 Branwen

I took offence because I wanted a simple little poll with people replying quickly with their favourite out of the two for my own interest - like Tiax did.

Now you two have completely ****ed the thread up. No-one will post on it now because the initial meaning has been forgotten. Also, it does seem rather stupid that you think this thread is useless, but you still waste your own time replying to it three times, two of the posts being much longer than it would have been should you have just posted a name!!!

TDM

What happened to the ?

By the way, please notice that this is the FIFTH time I post in this thread. That is just horrible.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  22:22:23  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

TDM, please refrain from posting in such a manner, maybe try counting to 10 before replying! Youre beginning to sound rather like a certain royal gnome that once couldnt control his anger on this forum

Thankyou

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2002 :  11:15:21  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

TDM, please refrain from posting in such a manner, maybe try counting to 10 before replying! Youre beginning to sound rather like a certain royal gnome that once couldnt control his anger on this forum

Thankyou

Tell me one thing, Alaundo: do you always write 'thankyou' in one word on purpose? I have noticed that you do it nearly everytime.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2002 :  12:03:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Echon
Tell me one thing, Alaundo: do you always write 'thankyou' in one word on purpose? I have noticed that you do it nearly everytime.

Oddly enough (and I never understood it myself), but it is known as both "Thank you" and Thankyou", both are recognised as being acceptable.

....or maybe theres a bit of cheese stuckundermyspacebar?!

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 05 Dec 2002 12:04:29
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2002 :  17:20:03  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acually the official recognised spelling of thankyou/thank you is thank-you

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2002 :  17:43:26  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Acually the official recognised spelling of thankyou/thank you is thank-you

TDM

...and the official recognised spelling of "acually" is actually

I couldnt resist

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 05 Dec 2002 20:59:44
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2002 :  18:52:21  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

quote:
Originally posted by The Defence Minister Acually the official recognised spelling of thankyou/thank you is thank-you

TDM

...and the official recognised spelling of "acually" is actually

I couldnt resist

LOL I didn't press the bloody key properly ;)

quote:
LOL Tiax I assume. My apologies Alaundo, I was very annoyed when I made my first post, the second one I thought was calmer but never mind.

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2002 :  21:06:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Hmmmmm ill forgive your outburst then TDM, you seem to have calmed and mellowed sufficiently

...and I never mentioned any names, assume what you will

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2002 :  03:42:02  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used Branwyn in my party, and liked her just fine.
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  23:17:08  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say Yeslick - particularly because as I had a good alignment party and a rep of 19/20 Branwen kept complaining about not being warrior born or something...

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2007 :  21:44:54  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i prefer Branwen

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2007 :  21:52:04  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would have to say Yeslick.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

4uk4ata
Acolyte

Bulgaria
16 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2007 :  00:44:04  Show Profile  Visit 4uk4ata's Homepage Send 4uk4ata a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd go for Branwen
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2007 :  02:02:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt I'll get an answer to this, but...better in what way?

I used Branwen more often, but that was mainly because she appears earlier in the game than Yeslick (much earlier), and by the time you find Yeslick, most people have already "invested" in the party members they already have. Party NPCs always level up in the background before you get them, so when you encounter them they will be on par with the rest of your party. But that also means you don't get to develop them the way you would want to.

Viconia can be a problem for heroic characters, because like all evil-aligned party members, she leaves in a huff if your reputation goes above 18.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

nbnmare
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2007 :  12:32:31  Show Profile  Visit nbnmare's Homepage Send nbnmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, this is honestly the biggest bump I've ever seen anywhere on the 'net, and I've been trolling on-line since late '95 .

Edited by - nbnmare on 19 Nov 2007 12:33:53
Go to Top of Page

inexorable
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  19:02:48  Show Profile  Visit inexorable's Homepage Send inexorable a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I liked them both, but if I had to choose I'd go with Branwen. I liked her accent better and she had some pretty funny lines.

Not that Yeslick didn't but I liked Branwen's better.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  00:54:33  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by inexorable

I liked them both, but if I had to choose I'd go with Branwen. I liked her accent better and she had some pretty funny lines.

Not that Yeslick didn't but I liked Branwen's better.

I can say that the reaction to Yeslick on various internet forums could be described as "indifferent". He was a cordial enough character, but unexciting, so no one ever seemed to want to talk about him.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 06 Dec 2007 00:54:51
Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  01:57:57  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suspect "indifferent" describes reactions to most of the joinable NPCs in BG1. Unlike the ones in BG2, their dialogue was extremely scarce, there was no party banter, and most of them didn't come with side quests. That and there were far too many of them, really.
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  12:04:14  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Branwen...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000