Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Cleric of Sharess

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pardan Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 13:00:45
Hi all :)

For the campaign I am soon starting to play in, I wanted to create a cleric of Sharess, since the goddess has always been one of my favourites (mostly for the strange link between her role as a fierce warrior and as a hedonist, but also because, simply said, i love cats!).
Now, I don't want her to conform to the archetype many might have in mind when they think of the clergy - someone who jumps into bed with anyone.
Rather, I want her to be fierce in combat as well as in the pursuit of pleasure but also highlight her wisdom and her innate goodness, someone who also might live a life of promiscuity but still has wise and kind words for anyone, trying not to hurt those she cares about.

I'd love to get some advice from those who might be familiar with this character concept for ways in which to play the character according to my wishes, just small hints or the like.
The stereotype associated with Sharess is quite common in the group i am about to join and I'd love to confound them (not to mention play a great cleric ;)).
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Na-Gang Posted - 07 Aug 2007 : 17:26:55
I run a campaign, and one player's last two characters have been followers of Sharess: 1) a wizard/celebrant of sharess, 2) a werecat ranger/spellfire wielder follower of sharess and member of the eyes of the evening. He's obsessed with her. Moreso since I've had her trapped in the Abyss for some time now.
MerrikCale Posted - 19 Jul 2007 : 03:26:02
perhaps there is some way to bring Cat Folk into your campagin. Perhaps Sharess believes them to be her people
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 14 Jul 2007 : 00:06:54
I love cats too. :)

You could portray this character as someone who believes in exploring many different types of love (that is, she doesn't believe there is only one "true love" out there) with many different types of people. She might believe that one-night stands can be meaningful, and perhaps help her become a better lover.
Pardan Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 16:59:42
Yes...I read it before posting here, actually.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 16:51:19
Are you familiar with the material in 2E's Powers & Pantheons?
sleyvas Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 15:34:56
Another thing that could be played up, is she may be a flirt/tease. After all, she may enjoy the chase more than she enjoys the catching. At the same time, she may be one who likes to "take" members of the opposite sex... just noone in the party. Thus, she's in a bar with the party, you could state maybe she decides to pick up some random sailor just to get the juices flowing. I couldn't personally play that character without being weirded out, but it would be a way to cut the party trying to constantly say they're taking turns on the character.
Another thing might be that she constantly treats the party members like "her little brothers" or something.
Pardan Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 15:08:51
Great idea....
Blueblade Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 14:59:47
This sounds like a perfect topic to ask Ed Greenwood about in his thread. He did create Sharess (and of course the Realms) after all, and I personally know he has little notes, one or two paragraphs long, that he typed up years ago as guides for players unfamiliar with a particular deity, so they can play a cleric of that faith. Because they already exist, you might get a quick answer out of him, rather than waiting for months or years.
BB
Foxhelm Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 13:11:32
Try to focus on Sharess aspect as Bast the warrior goddess that fight against the evil of Set and other evil. Perhaps see if your DM can have adventures involving the Yuan-ti. One thought is to have her/him as a "Eat, Drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die" ideology, with passionate love now for tomorrow we die in battle.

Just a thought.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000