Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New covers: Neversfall, Undead and Reclamation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
O Love Posted - 15 Jul 2007 : 18:59:49
Amazon did an update on some FR novels and their covers:

- "Neversfall": First novel of The Citadels by Ed Gentry
- "Undead": Second novel of The Haunted Lands by Richard Lee Byers
- "Reclamation": Sixth novel of Songs and Swords by Elaine Cunningham

See Forgotten Realms: The Library for the covers and much more...

Enjoy!
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EdGentry Posted - 18 Jul 2007 : 16:07:24
JD,
You've certainly shown no ignorance. Only a handful of people (myself, my editor, the artist, etc.) know what the "tentacles" (to use your term and give nothing away) are meant to represent. So you're in the vast majority by not being certain what they represent.

I'm very glad you find the cover striking as I do.
J D Dunsany Posted - 18 Jul 2007 : 13:48:08
Yes, I like all three of them - very dramatic. Forgotten Realms covers seem to be less colourful and more... I don't know... 'moody' lately, and that's something of which I wholeheartedly approve. The cover to 'Neversfall' is very striking, in particular. Are those tentacles reaching up to grab the watchtower or are they part of the structure of the building itself? (Forgive me if that question reveals my realmslore ignorance, but then there's still so much I don't know...) As to 'Undead', again a very striking image - will the cover be 'matte' like the last one or will it be 'gloss' as is usually the case with FR novels? (I notice they usually use the 'matte' finish for the Eberron novels.) And the 'Reclamation' cover is, again, very striking. Can't wait till they join my 'to-read' pile!
The Sage Posted - 18 Jul 2007 : 00:50:06
Heh. It does indeed.

I'm now expecting to see a barrage of fireballs descend from the keep to pummel poor Tauron's army, while he's screaming out "No. NO!"
O Love Posted - 17 Jul 2007 : 18:42:44
I can't help it but the cover of "Neversfall" reminds me of the "Master of Magic" intro, an old DOS fantasy game...
Kajehase Posted - 17 Jul 2007 : 15:26:10
I must say I realy like the covers for The Haunted Lands-trilogy so far. Really nice stuff - and as far as covers on Wizards of the Coast-books go, surprisingly "artsy."

The Neversfall cover is okay, but a little to reminiscent of the way Minas Morgul was depicted in the Return of the King movie to gain higher marks from me.

As for Reclamation, I've always been a fan of "classic" fantasy-style art, and this is definately an example of that. Plus, Arilyn walking away from her Moonblade... My anticipation for this novel just increased exponentially.

Oh, and the cover for Dream Spheres clearly is of Arilyn and Elaith
Jorkens Posted - 17 Jul 2007 : 08:17:32
Well, Reclamation looks OK, but still a bit to glossy for my taste. But it is among the better Realms covers I have seen in a while.

The other two does not do much for me.
Alaundo Posted - 17 Jul 2007 : 07:57:37
quote:
Originally posted by Chyron

Neversfall is indeed a good design. Is there by chance a complete listing of 'The Citidels' titles to be forthcoming? I would love to see one written on Darkhold.

Well met

Aye, that would certainly make me very happy! I'm quite looking forward to the Citadels series (as with the Dungeons series).
Chyron Posted - 17 Jul 2007 : 06:29:32
Neversfall is indeed a good design. Is there by chance a complete listing of 'The Citidels' titles to be forthcoming? I would love to see one written on Darkhold.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 17 Jul 2007 : 02:35:07
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

I wonder if the fact her Moonblade is thrust into the snow, as opposed to being wielded by her has any significance, or is just artistic licence?

I'd bet it has significance--at least, that's the impression I get. I like all the covers, especially the Neversfall cover.
wwwwwww Posted - 17 Jul 2007 : 02:03:42
That Reclamation cover is awesome . . . which is especially satisfying considering the horrifying Dream Spheres debacle (i.e. Arilyn looks like a man, Danilo lookes sort of like a woman)
sleyvas Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 21:31:35
nice, any hints what any of these novels are featuring?
EdGentry Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 13:21:29
Thanks for posting that, Olaf!

I am so pleased with the Neversfall cover. I'm glad it finally made it up.

The artist is David Seidman. Check out his site: http://www.davidseidman.com/
Seismo Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 07:48:24
Very nice.
Uzzy Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 02:20:20
I wonder if the fact her Moonblade is thrust into the snow, as opposed to being wielded by her has any significance, or is just artistic licence?
The Sage Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 00:59:48
The cover for Reclamation is my favorite of the three covers presented. It has a strong "cover-of-Evermeet" vibe to it, I think.

I wonder whether that was an intentional choice by the artist? Hmmmm.
Uzzy Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 00:25:56
Gorgeous stuff. If that's meant to be Arilyn on the front of Reclamation, it's a very different style with the black armour and purple cloak. I rather like it though!
Renzokuken Posted - 16 Jul 2007 : 00:08:03
I actually like all of those covers. Very nice color!
KnightErrantJR Posted - 15 Jul 2007 : 22:53:31
Neversfall looked very impressive to me as well.
Alaundo Posted - 15 Jul 2007 : 22:50:58
Well met

Many thanks, O Love.

Very nice covers indeed. I'm particulary impressed with Neversfall.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000