Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Problems accessing the Candlekeep Forum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 03 Jul 2007 : 23:15:01
Well met

Hopefully you will all get to read this (eventually).

Apologies for the timeout problems which you are no doubt experiencing on a regular basis lately. This is currently under investigation and believed to be an issue with the hosted web server, rather than with Candlekeep itself.

I know it's quite painful trying to read or write posts, but please bear with us whilst we try to rectify the issue.

Thank ye.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alaundo Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 08:24:31
Well met

It does seem to be quite erratic and dependant on the times of day. Sometimes (like now), i'm finding the forum to be very speedy. I expect that other processes running on the same server for other sites are eating up the resource
Nokom Posted - 13 Jul 2007 : 00:22:24
Indeed, the problem is back for me as well. I can only get to the first page of a post before it times out :(.
Jorkens Posted - 09 Jul 2007 : 13:58:32
The problem seems to be increasing again, I had some problem last night and quite a bit during the day. It is still better than it was though.
Kuje Posted - 09 Jul 2007 : 03:56:20
I've been getting them on and off every so often as well these past few days but it's no where near the amount that it WAS happening. Usually now, if I just hit reload they go away unlike before.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 08 Jul 2007 : 23:36:32
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Hmmmm, have you had many ASP errors, Rinonalyrna? Was it just a one-off or a continual problem? Did it occur when viewing or posting?

It's usually when posting. It's not too common, but common enough that it's annoying.

Thanks for your attention, btw.
Alaundo Posted - 08 Jul 2007 : 23:16:16
Hmmmm, have you had many ASP errors, Rinonalyrna? Was it just a one-off or a continual problem? Did it occur when viewing or posting?

Personally, i've found the forum to be very speedy over the past few days. However, Wooly did mention he hit a couple of errors yesterday, I believe.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 08 Jul 2007 : 22:32:06
I just want to mention that I'm still having problems.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Jul 2007 : 01:25:27
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

And let's face it... having just the Furry Space Hamster as the ONLY company, isn't exactly what we can all call an "enjoyable experience."

Hey now!
The Sage Posted - 07 Jul 2007 : 00:50:52
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Good to know I wasn't the only one having problems.

Aye, imagine my headache

Glad to see ye all returning anyway It's been a lonely old place, sat alone in these halls, wracking my brain to get this problem sorted

And let's face it... having just the Furry Space Hamster as the ONLY company, isn't exactly what we can all call an "enjoyable experience."
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 07 Jul 2007 : 00:22:51
quote:

quote:

Aye, imagine my headache

Glad to see ye all returning anyway It's been a lonely old place, sat alone in these halls, wracking my brain to get this problem sorted

At least you only need to get this problem sorted...I need my wrecked brain to be sorted
Alaundo Posted - 06 Jul 2007 : 23:47:17
quote:

Aye, imagine my headache

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 06 Jul 2007 : 23:08:41
Jorkens Posted - 06 Jul 2007 : 20:33:46
As of today the page seems to be working fine for me to.
Reefy Posted - 06 Jul 2007 : 19:44:23
It seems ok from here right now, and I've been having huge problems for the last week or two.
Alaundo Posted - 06 Jul 2007 : 00:46:07
Well met

I don't want to speak too soon and tempt fate, but it looks like we're back to a more reasonable speed over the past few hours.

Fingers crossed

Again, apologies for the lengthy inconvenience.
Penknight Posted - 04 Jul 2007 : 08:55:26
Thanks for letting all of us know, Alaundo. I have the utmost faith in you for getting this situation worked out.
Victor_ograygor Posted - 04 Jul 2007 : 08:02:08
I have exercised catastrophic changes in my threads while trying to update them, I am really happy that I have a back up on my work.

I am waiting fore this problem to be soveled so it is safe, to update the threads.

Thanks fore a great site, vic
Kentinal Posted - 03 Jul 2007 : 23:29:00
Well I have got to the point i am acomstomed to the timeouts, even the trick of getting a disappearing post to post (sometimes twice).

Shared server clearly a good likely cause, however until donation rate increases it appears unlikely candlekeep can have a dedicated server, This is not the only site I know of that a shared server appears to an issue. It might be interesting if these two could get together and afford a server if niether site can afford their own dedicated server.

Hmm I might know of another option as well, but would need to look into that more as well.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000