Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Problems accessing the Candlekeep Forum
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2007 :  23:15:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

Hopefully you will all get to read this (eventually).

Apologies for the timeout problems which you are no doubt experiencing on a regular basis lately. This is currently under investigation and believed to be an issue with the hosted web server, rather than with Candlekeep itself.

I know it's quite painful trying to read or write posts, but please bear with us whilst we try to rectify the issue.

Thank ye.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2007 :  23:29:00  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I have got to the point i am acomstomed to the timeouts, even the trick of getting a disappearing post to post (sometimes twice).

Shared server clearly a good likely cause, however until donation rate increases it appears unlikely candlekeep can have a dedicated server, This is not the only site I know of that a shared server appears to an issue. It might be interesting if these two could get together and afford a server if niether site can afford their own dedicated server.

Hmm I might know of another option as well, but would need to look into that more as well.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2007 :  08:02:08  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have exercised catastrophic changes in my threads while trying to update them, I am really happy that I have a back up on my work.

I am waiting fore this problem to be soveled so it is safe, to update the threads.

Thanks fore a great site, vic

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 04 Jul 2007 08:03:08
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2007 :  08:55:26  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for letting all of us know, Alaundo. I have the utmost faith in you for getting this situation worked out.

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  00:46:07  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

I don't want to speak too soon and tempt fate, but it looks like we're back to a more reasonable speed over the past few hours.

Fingers crossed

Again, apologies for the lengthy inconvenience.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  19:44:23  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems ok from here right now, and I've been having huge problems for the last week or two.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  20:33:46  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As of today the page seems to be working fine for me to.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  23:08:41  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to know I wasn't the only one having problems.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  23:47:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Aye, imagine my headache

Glad to see ye all returning anyway It's been a lonely old place, sat alone in these halls, wracking my brain to get this problem sorted

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2007 :  00:22:51  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Aye, imagine my headache

Glad to see ye all returning anyway It's been a lonely old place, sat alone in these halls, wracking my brain to get this problem sorted

At least you only need to get this problem sorted...I need my wrecked brain to be sorted

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2007 :  00:50:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Aye, imagine my headache

And let's face it... having just the Furry Space Hamster as the ONLY company, isn't exactly what we can all call an "enjoyable experience."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2007 :  01:25:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

And let's face it... having just the Furry Space Hamster as the ONLY company, isn't exactly what we can all call an "enjoyable experience."

Hey now!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2007 :  22:32:06  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just want to mention that I'm still having problems.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2007 :  23:16:16  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm, have you had many ASP errors, Rinonalyrna? Was it just a one-off or a continual problem? Did it occur when viewing or posting?

Personally, i've found the forum to be very speedy over the past few days. However, Wooly did mention he hit a couple of errors yesterday, I believe.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2007 :  23:36:32  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmmm, have you had many ASP errors, Rinonalyrna? Was it just a one-off or a continual problem? Did it occur when viewing or posting?

It's usually when posting. It's not too common, but common enough that it's annoying.

Thanks for your attention, btw.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2007 :  03:56:20  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been getting them on and off every so often as well these past few days but it's no where near the amount that it WAS happening. Usually now, if I just hit reload they go away unlike before.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2007 :  13:58:32  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem seems to be increasing again, I had some problem last night and quite a bit during the day. It is still better than it was though.
Go to Top of Page

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2007 :  00:22:24  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, the problem is back for me as well. I can only get to the first page of a post before it times out :(.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2007 :  08:24:31  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

It does seem to be quite erratic and dependant on the times of day. Sometimes (like now), i'm finding the forum to be very speedy. I expect that other processes running on the same server for other sites are eating up the resource

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly