Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 King Azoun IV

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mehangel Posted - 19 Feb 2007 : 02:16:02
I did a search and found several topics concerning the times before King Azoun, and times after the death of King Azoun, yet none concerning the reign of King Azoun. If I missed something in my seach please feel free to redirect me with a link.

I would like to know what King Azoun IV did during his reign. I say this because it is evident that if Cormyr was to mourn after his death, he had to be a halfway decent ruler. I know as much concerning him as is presented in a timeline, unfortunately like all timelines it has gaps. I would like to know if you can fill them in, particularly during the years 1311DR - 1324DR, 1336DR - King Azouns epic battle against the titanic red dragon.

I would require this information because of the nature of my charcater. IC my pc is a Bard/Druid, and is currently writing a play in memorial of his recent death. I have the outline done and have finished two of the five acts. A list of important people to include would also be useful. I currently have includded the Kings Children, Vangerdahast (I hope that is the correct spelling), and a couple others.

I thank thee for your time, and feel free to contact me via Email @ Zhenchwood@yahoo.com
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mehangel Posted - 28 Jul 2010 : 00:46:15
I am so sorry, I have been so busy. I still have the notes but because of D&D 4th and roleplaying group disbanding, etc I have had little time or reason to finish the work. Sorry about it.

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Malanthius

Or 2008. Did anyone ever actually compile this biography?

Not that I know of, and I've not seen anything like this made available for storage on the main site. As I said back in '08, Mehangel last visited Candlekeep around October '07. He hasn't been back since. I suppose you could try contacting him via his email, or through MSN [see his profile for the relevant addresses].

Jakk Posted - 18 May 2010 : 19:30:42
Consider this a second (I'll take The Sage as the first) request to both Ed and Wizards for Ed to finish these articles and Wizards to post them. Of course, as the series in question involves no game mechanics, and is therefore suitable for use with any game system, I suspect the request to fall on deaf ears.
The Hooded One Posted - 18 May 2010 : 18:58:08
He's made it several times, the last time being last (2009) GenCon.
love,
THO
The Sage Posted - 17 May 2010 : 01:04:49
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

I do know that Ed wrote more columns and handed them in, so there ARE unpublished columns out there. There are even a few unpublished Border Kingdoms columns, though most of the later alphabetical entries for that region are "unfinished" or even "unwritten."
As an eternal Border Kingdoms fan, I'd love to read them!
quote:
I do know that Ed has offered to finish the BK columns for free, so long as Wizards promises to put them up on the website.
Just out of curiosity milday, how long has it been since Ed made this offer?
The Hooded One Posted - 16 May 2010 : 18:00:42
I do know that Ed wrote more columns and handed them in, so there ARE unpublished columns out there. There are even a few unpublished Border Kingdoms columns, though most of the later alphabetical entries for that region are "unfinished" or even "unwritten." In recent years, the publisher seems to have shifted from "let's finish things or give them proper windups to avoid the PR damage" to "new boss/team/philosophy/approach, so drop, cut, and move on with the less said the better." I suspect it's budgetary, and exascerbated by personnel losses/changes.
I do know that Ed has offered to finish the BK columns for free, so long as Wizards promises to put them up on the website.
I don't know if any agreement at all has been reached, on that offer.
However, Mehangel, the best way to "see" Azoun IV as a person is to read Ed's novels, and to ask Ed questions in his thread here at the Keep.
love,
THO
Jakk Posted - 14 May 2010 : 19:12:24
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

On a related note: Was the article following "Azoun's Bastards" ("The Scarlet Mummers") the last article in this series? If so, it left us with a rather irritating semi-cliffhanger...

I haven't checked my archive folder of the "Realmslore" column in a while, but yes, I think that was the last one.

Figures... The motto of all of the various publishers of the Realms since it first saw print seems to be "don't finish any stories except by omission or cancellation." It rather makes me wonder how "Death of the Dragon" made it to press, to return to topic... [/rant]

(I can't believe how tame my rants are these days... I hope it's more contentment with my own Realms projects than apathy over the current published setting... it's certainly some combination of the two.)
The Sage Posted - 14 May 2010 : 10:47:43
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

Is Brace Skatterhawk listed among those 'Azoun's Bastards'?
BTW Never mind. Could someone point me to this article, please?

See here:-http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rl/20061101a
Zireael Posted - 14 May 2010 : 10:22:51
Is Brace Skatterhawk listed among those 'Azoun's Bastards'?
BTW Never mind. Could someone point me to this article, please?
The Sage Posted - 14 May 2010 : 06:02:13
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

On a related note: Was the article following "Azoun's Bastards" ("The Scarlet Mummers") the last article in this series? If so, it left us with a rather irritating semi-cliffhanger...

I haven't checked my archive folder of the "Realmslore" column in a while, but yes, I think that was the last one.
Jakk Posted - 14 May 2010 : 05:40:29
The Sage Posted - 14 May 2010 : 03:18:54
quote:
Originally posted by Malanthius

Not that I know of, and I've not seen anything like this made available for storage on the main site. As I said back in '08, Mehangel last visited Candlekeep around October '07. He hasn't been back since. I suppose you could try contacting him via his email, or through MSN [see his profile for the relevant addresses].
Malanthius Posted - 14 May 2010 : 02:41:54
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 20:46:06
quote:
Originally posted by IngoDjan

It's funny to see a very old post be replied after a long time.

You think that's old? Sometimes threads from 2002 get raised from the dead around here.
IngoDjan Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 20:19:17
It's funny to see a very old post be replied after a long time.
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 19:44:57
There's no big hurry. But I would like to see it when it's done.
Afet
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 19:14:26
...And then there's a possibility that he's watching this scroll, and will check it out when anyone comments...
Mehangel Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 18:19:55
Sorry, I have most of the information on Azune, unfortunately there are several years in which I found insufficient information... I am currently compiling the information into an organized format that is easy to read and yet viable... Sorry I did not entirely realize you were waiting for the bio to be posted, so I was working on it at a leisurely pace... I will try try to get it up and posted when I finish so that those who wish to read it may...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 14:27:30
quote:
Originally posted by Afetbinttuzani

Anybody know if Mehangel assembled his biography? I'd like to see it.
Afet

Dunno... Half of his posts are in this thread, and he's not been here since October. If he did finish the biography, I've seen no mention of it.
The Sage Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 14:23:32
I'm not sure. His last visit to Candlekeep was around October last year. He hasn't been back since. I suppose you could try contacting him via his email, or through MSN [see his profile for the relevant addresses].
Afetbinttuzani Posted - 04 Apr 2008 : 14:03:14
Anybody know if Mehangel assembled his biography? I'd like to see it.
Afet
DDH_101 Posted - 18 Feb 2008 : 04:36:33
Ah, yes, that was the one. Thanks, Sage.
The Sage Posted - 18 Feb 2008 : 00:43:28
It was from Ed's Realmslore -- "Azoun's Offspring".
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 18 Feb 2008 : 00:30:48
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

If I remember correctly, didn't WotC posted a series of articles dealing with Cormyr last year or so? Several of the articles provided details on Azoun IV, including one specifically one the affairs he had outside of his marriage and the kids that resulted from them.

I remember that particular article.
DDH_101 Posted - 18 Feb 2008 : 00:11:38
If I remember correctly, didn't WotC posted a series of articles dealing with Cormyr last year or so? Several of the articles provided details on Azoun IV, including one specifically one the affairs he had outside of his marriage and the kids that resulted from them.
silverwizard Posted - 07 Feb 2008 : 13:19:53
There's an entry on King Azoun IV in the 2nd edition sourcebook "Heroes' Lorebook"
Karth Posted - 06 Feb 2008 : 21:40:23
Hail, scribes. Trying to track down all of Azoun IV's official titles. I know I've seen them listed somewhere, but can't seem to find the lore now.

By titles, I mean: 'His Royal Majesty, King Azoun IV, Protector of Tilverton, Victor of the Horde Incursions', etc, etc, etc, all the way down to 'High Shoveler of the Royal Dunghill', if that happens to be in there. It is the various 'etc's that I am currently lacking, and need the assistance of far wiser scribes to guide me...

Cheers,

-Karth
Garen Thal Posted - 28 Feb 2007 : 05:18:12
For glimpses at Azoun IV and his life, I recommend the novels Cormyr: A Novel, Death of the Dragon and Swords of Eveningstar. The 2E supplement Heroes' Lorebook also has a useful synopsis of Azoun's life until its publication.
The Sage Posted - 26 Feb 2007 : 23:12:46
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

But really, there's no published biography of his life.
Indeed.

Mehangel, you might want to consider looking through Ed's replies here at Candlekeep also. Over the years, Ed's managed to share with us many interesting tidbits about Azoun's life and his time as King of the Forest Kingdom.
Pasta Fzoul Posted - 26 Feb 2007 : 17:47:52
According to http://www.wizards.com/forgottenrealms/FR_20001129b_P2.asp by Steven Schend, he's also a published author, having written Treatise on the History of Polearms in Warfare
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Feb 2007 : 17:08:43
Another thing Azoun IV did during his life: bed just about every woman in the kingdom, and several from outside it. Obarskyrs are a randy lot.

But really, there's no published biography of his life. The closest thing we have to a published biography for any character would be the various Drizzt books, or the various Elminster books.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000