Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 greetz from a (not so newbie)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boddynock Posted - 11 Jan 2007 : 21:01:23
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I just want to say hello to all fellow "faerûnians" here ;-). Something more about myself?:

I'm 26 years old and from belgium and i'm a roleplayer since 1996. I was introduced to the world of AD&D by a schoolmate when I told him that I played hero quest, and he told me he knew something better .

My first experience with the game wa very "childish", slaying dragons in too small caves without a real reason why the dragon was there. (or how that the dragon survived in a lair without enough food or a passage large enough to leave the area )

now years later I'm in 2 groups. I'm a dungeon master in a forgotten realms campaign. My players started in the city of Everlund, visited the high forest en made a travel to Luskan. (crossing the evermoors ... and they still regret to take THAT way to the city of sails). In my second group, also situated in a "semi-forgotten realms" campaign (<-- the DM here don't use the FR pantheon but the D&D pantheon, changes a few locations and histories) I play Boddynock "alleslosh" Turen, a gnome transmuter. Boddynock is (in)famous for his gigantic "ego" and he really think he is one of the best mages in the world. (even when he is only a low level wizard). My fellow players really like the way i play boddynock (with the funny voice and jokes), but can somethimes be really upset (in game ofcourse ) when boddynock says the wrong things on the wrong places.

I also have played other games like ravenloft (which I really like ... especially the gothic horror feeling), call of cthulhu, vampire, Masque of the read death, shadowrun and a world war II rpg called godlike (where you play a kind of Ûber-soldier)

So that's it,
I hope to share experiences with fellow players and masters on this forum :)

May Tymora bless you all
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zimme Posted - 12 Jan 2007 : 22:14:20
Hello boddynock!

Sounds like you have quite some games going on. good for you. happy posting dude.
Markustay Posted - 12 Jan 2007 : 21:29:24
Sweet Water and Cheese muffins to thee... or sumthin' like that.
Grimbolt Hammerhand Posted - 12 Jan 2007 : 18:40:24
Hail and Welcome to the board, says another newbie
boddynock Posted - 12 Jan 2007 : 11:09:29
thanks for this friendly welcome :)
I'm sure Candlekeep is a good place to ask rules, sharing experiences and to get new/more or maybe even better clues to use in a campaign
Infact I'm sure that with coöperation and with listening to other game masters, everyone can make a better campaign for their players :)
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 12 Jan 2007 : 10:53:46
Good day and well met, mate.

Have a look around, and don't be frightened to ask stuff...there usually are people who can answer...
Delzounblood Posted - 12 Jan 2007 : 10:25:53
Hail & Wellmet friend.

see you on the boards

Delz
Ergdusch Posted - 12 Jan 2007 : 08:30:23
Hail thee, boddynock!
Our Lady of the Forest shall smile upon thee and may the great Lord of Knowlegde and Binder of what is known always grant thou His blessings as thou wanderst these halls of Candlekeep - a most warm and friendly welcome!

Ergdusch
Alaundo Posted - 11 Jan 2007 : 22:57:11
Well met, boddynock

Welcome to Candlekeep. 'tis indeed interesting to hear about thy travels and I hope to see more ye thee around the library for discussions of Realmslore.

Enjoy thy stay.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Jan 2007 : 21:36:57
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!
Victor_ograygor Posted - 11 Jan 2007 : 21:33:24
Welcome to Candlekeep boddynock.

For all new members i recommend to take a look here.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/faq.asp#hyperlink

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000