Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 greetz from a (not so newbie)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2007 :  21:01:23  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I just want to say hello to all fellow "faerûnians" here ;-). Something more about myself?:

I'm 26 years old and from belgium and i'm a roleplayer since 1996. I was introduced to the world of AD&D by a schoolmate when I told him that I played hero quest, and he told me he knew something better .

My first experience with the game wa very "childish", slaying dragons in too small caves without a real reason why the dragon was there. (or how that the dragon survived in a lair without enough food or a passage large enough to leave the area )

now years later I'm in 2 groups. I'm a dungeon master in a forgotten realms campaign. My players started in the city of Everlund, visited the high forest en made a travel to Luskan. (crossing the evermoors ... and they still regret to take THAT way to the city of sails). In my second group, also situated in a "semi-forgotten realms" campaign (<-- the DM here don't use the FR pantheon but the D&D pantheon, changes a few locations and histories) I play Boddynock "alleslosh" Turen, a gnome transmuter. Boddynock is (in)famous for his gigantic "ego" and he really think he is one of the best mages in the world. (even when he is only a low level wizard). My fellow players really like the way i play boddynock (with the funny voice and jokes), but can somethimes be really upset (in game ofcourse ) when boddynock says the wrong things on the wrong places.

I also have played other games like ravenloft (which I really like ... especially the gothic horror feeling), call of cthulhu, vampire, Masque of the read death, shadowrun and a world war II rpg called godlike (where you play a kind of Ûber-soldier)

So that's it,
I hope to share experiences with fellow players and masters on this forum :)

May Tymora bless you all

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2007 :  21:33:24  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep boddynock.

For all new members i recommend to take a look here.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/faq.asp#hyperlink

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2007 :  21:36:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2007 :  22:57:11  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, boddynock

Welcome to Candlekeep. 'tis indeed interesting to hear about thy travels and I hope to see more ye thee around the library for discussions of Realmslore.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  08:30:23  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail thee, boddynock!
Our Lady of the Forest shall smile upon thee and may the great Lord of Knowlegde and Binder of what is known always grant thou His blessings as thou wanderst these halls of Candlekeep - a most warm and friendly welcome!

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  10:25:53  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail & Wellmet friend.

see you on the boards

Delz

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  10:53:46  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good day and well met, mate.

Have a look around, and don't be frightened to ask stuff...there usually are people who can answer...

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  11:09:29  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for this friendly welcome :)
I'm sure Candlekeep is a good place to ask rules, sharing experiences and to get new/more or maybe even better clues to use in a campaign
Infact I'm sure that with coöperation and with listening to other game masters, everyone can make a better campaign for their players :)
Go to Top of Page

Grimbolt Hammerhand
Acolyte

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  18:40:24  Show Profile  Visit Grimbolt Hammerhand's Homepage Send Grimbolt Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and Welcome to the board, says another newbie
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  21:29:24  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet Water and Cheese muffins to thee... or sumthin' like that.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  22:14:20  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello boddynock!

Sounds like you have quite some games going on. good for you. happy posting dude.

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000