Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Volo's Guides Return (One Way Or Another)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KnightErrantJR Posted - 11 Dec 2006 : 04:47:38
Our lovely THO hinted that there might be a regular feature that could be coming up that might herald the return of Volo, and we have also heard that Dragon Magazine would be featuring regular Forgotten Realms articles. James Jacobs confirmed in this thread at Paizo's boards that Volo's Guides will return, in this form as a regular feature in Dragon Magazine:

Shortened version of a previously long link

Mod edit: Coded the link, because it was stretching the page.

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ericlboyd Posted - 20 Mar 2007 : 03:46:35
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

Hmmmm if it is thats doesnt bode well for me buying this issue of Dragon, Ill probably be playing those 3 modules and Im trying to avoid reading any spoils that my character wouldnt know

The article includes a list of the products (game and novels) that might be spoiled by reading the article (at the beginning of the article). One of the game products that could be spoiled by the article is Shadowdale: Scouring of the Land, second of this year's trilogy of adventures.

I deliberately wrote the article, in part, to "set up" the events of the Shadowdale adventure. The article ends on the last day of 1374 DR. The second adventure takes place in the month of Hammer, 1375 DR.

--Eric

hmmmm in what sense and how badly would I be spoiled in the event I read your article and then played Shadowdale?

Ive already read book 1 of Paul Kemps latest series of novels

It's not that related to Paul's novels. (Loosely tied only.)

If you read the article, you'll know the identity of the major bad guys.

I'd wait and read it this summer.

--Eric
Dargoth Posted - 20 Mar 2007 : 02:04:00
quote:

quote:

Hmmmm if it is thats doesnt bode well for me buying this issue of Dragon, Ill probably be playing those 3 modules and Im trying to avoid reading any spoils that my character wouldnt know

The article includes a list of the products (game and novels) that might be spoiled by reading the article (at the beginning of the article). One of the game products that could be spoiled by the article is Shadowdale: Scouring of the Land, second of this year's trilogy of adventures.

I deliberately wrote the article, in part, to "set up" the events of the Shadowdale adventure. The article ends on the last day of 1374 DR. The second adventure takes place in the month of Hammer, 1375 DR.

--Eric

hmmmm in what sense and how badly would I be spoiled in the event I read your article and then played Shadowdale?

Ive already read book 1 of Paul Kemps latest series of novels
ericlboyd Posted - 20 Mar 2007 : 01:36:48
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

I have no idea what the "Scourging of Shadow module" is

Sounds like the trilogy of modules that is just starting to come out......

Shadowdale: Scouring of the Land. It's the second of the three linked adventures coming out this year. I wrote about 3/5ths of it.

--Eric
ericlboyd Posted - 20 Mar 2007 : 01:35:27
quote:

--Eric
Faraer Posted - 20 Mar 2007 : 00:52:26
Just got it! -- not read it yet. I like the map. Two as in Eleasias.
Kuje Posted - 20 Mar 2007 : 00:05:51
quote:

quote:

quote:

Aye,

Well, I haven't seen the issue on the newstands yet, so I don't own it but as Turox said, and I agree, it sure sounds like those modules.
Dargoth Posted - 19 Mar 2007 : 23:46:30
quote:

quote:

turox Posted - 19 Mar 2007 : 23:30:38
Just a speculation but it could be a preview of Shadowdale: The Scourging of the Land

Least that is what popped in my head when I read your post Dargoth.
Kuje Posted - 19 Mar 2007 : 23:26:57
quote:

Dargoth Posted - 19 Mar 2007 : 23:14:39
According to one of the guys over at Enworld Erics article in 354 is 5 pages long and it had a LOT of info covering War of the Spider Queen (module), and the "Scourging of Shadow module", War of the Spider Queen novel series, Final Gate Series and Blackstaff as well as sources.

Dhomal Posted - 19 Mar 2007 : 05:04:19
Hello-

Daviot - it should be pretty easy to spot - the cover is one of the more plain covers I have ever seen on Dragon - being a large part just plain while - and with a Modron in the center. Now - when I say plain - I say it as a descriptor - not as judgement. :) I actually like the cover - it sure caught my eye!

Dhomal
Daviot Posted - 19 Mar 2007 : 03:46:58
Well, Mr. Boyd, as I'm currently running a campaign that takes place in the spring of DR 1374 around and about the Dalelands, a compilation of all the happenstance running through the area was exactly what I was looking for. I'll be scouring the newsstands starting next week!
ericlboyd Posted - 19 Mar 2007 : 03:32:14
quote:
Does the article detail the "Current" status of Hillsfar? (ie what its like post Final gate)

Only indirectly.

--Eric
Dargoth Posted - 17 Mar 2007 : 13:42:38
quote:

quote:
Does the article add any new Dragon rage events to the Dalelands?

Yes. Several.

--Eric

Cool

Does the article detail the "Current" status of Hillsfar? (ie what its like post Final gate)
Reefy Posted - 17 Mar 2007 : 10:25:07
Sounds like a wonderfully useful item for my campaign. Consider yourself to have sold another copy.
ericlboyd Posted - 17 Mar 2007 : 01:48:17
quote:

Yes. Several.

--Eric
Dargoth Posted - 17 Mar 2007 : 00:16:08
quote:

quote:
Does the article provide and end date for Lolths silence?

Yes. Does that answer your question? ;-)

--Eric

Excellent thats good to see

it will resolve one of the issues holding up my timeline article here at Candlekeep

ericlboyd Posted - 17 Mar 2007 : 00:00:18
quote:

Yes. Does that answer your question? ;-)

--Eric
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 16 Mar 2007 : 23:54:39
quote:

I intended the article to clear up some confusing Realmslore and set the stage for DM's about to run Shadowdale: Scouring of the Dale. (The article goes through the end of 1374 DR. Shadowdale is set in Hammer, 1375 DR, although you could change the date if you wanted.)
--Eric

Wonderful Eric. I love you.
Dargoth Posted - 16 Mar 2007 : 23:48:06
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BobROE

Can we have a clue as to what the article is about?

The article gives a day-by-day timeline for Cormanthyr over the past 2.5 years, integrating all the stories and implied stories of various game products and novels. In addition it gives a brief overview of the various factions active in the forest today. Finally, there's a map of the forest with every tag I could find.

I intended the article to clear up some confusing Realmslore and set the stage for DM's about to run Shadowdale: Scouring of the Dale. (The article goes through the end of 1374 DR. Shadowdale is set in Hammer, 1375 DR, although you could change the date if you wanted.)

--Eric

ericlboyd Posted - 16 Mar 2007 : 23:39:24
quote:

The article gives a day-by-day timeline for Cormanthyr over the past 2.5 years, integrating all the stories and implied stories of various game products and novels. In addition it gives a brief overview of the various factions active in the forest today. Finally, there's a map of the forest with every tag I could find.

--Eric
The Sage Posted - 16 Mar 2007 : 23:28:09
Ah, Eric must be referring to the "Modron" article...

::evil smirk::
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 16 Mar 2007 : 21:18:42
quote:
Originally posted by Bluenose

the spine has Cormathyr on it.

Uh oh. I'm no fan of the Last Mythal trilogy, so that does not bode well for me. Still, I might check it out, out of sheer curiosity.

Thanks for the hint.
Bluenose Posted - 16 Mar 2007 : 19:21:12
the spine has Cormathyr on it.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 16 Mar 2007 : 19:06:16
quote:

Seconded. Throw us a bone here, please. I'm more likely to buy the magazine if I'm interested in it first.
BobROE Posted - 16 Mar 2007 : 17:40:36
Dhomal Posted - 16 Mar 2007 : 15:38:29
Hello-

I did in fact receive this yesterday. :)

I read through your article, and was pleasantly surprised at the accumulation of dates into the timeline. Very helpful. :)

Now - I have not read Most of the sources - so there were a couple of surprises - but most of what y ou have mentioned in the timeline were at least 'strongly hinted at' in various places. Even so - the warning at the beginning was quite nice.

The map seems very nice - my only issue with it is that it might be a tad bit too small to read well. I was not in my best light situation in the house - merely just expecting to read the magazine - so it might be very servicable in better light - but it did have Lots of things listed on it. IIRC it is 1/2 page in size. A full page would have wroked better - even if it meant turning the magazine to read it!

And I must say - I am quite distressed that all of you are banned from the Old Skull - tsk tsk.

Dhomal
ericlboyd Posted - 16 Mar 2007 : 15:11:33
Anyone got Dragon #354 yet? Assuming it's got the article I expect, I hope you like it. I'd be curious what people think of the accompanying map, which I haven't seen yet.

--Eric
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 02:26:16
Got a new issue of Dragon, and I like the recent attention to the FR. This is certainly a step in the right direction.
Dargoth Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 01:33:47
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

It is, yes. I purchased a copy on Friday at my DNSFNLGS

cool

I when Dungeon tiles 3 and the Gargantuan Blue dragon will be out......

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000