Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Silver Marches Info

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dampiel Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 20:41:01
Hi all,

I have been searching and searching for any info on the towns Rivermoot and High Hold in The Silver Marches. They are both on what would be the primary trade route between Mithril Hall and Silverymoon and so must be important to the area. I can't seem to find any actual source information on the two towns though. They are not included in The Silver Marches source book or the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. If anyone has a reference from a novel or a D&D Forgotten Realms source book they can direct me to, that would be great.

thanks...

-Dampiel-
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mankyle Posted - 22 Jan 2018 : 20:48:05
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

The "Silver Marches" accessory has no info on either settlement other than a mention and bare description of Rivermoot (pgs.10, 15, 32 & 100) and a mention of High Hold (pgs.10 & 15).

You have a free hand to make stuff up.

-- George Krashos

Well.... in Storm King's Thunder it looks that the town of Zymorven Hall (typo?) Is located exactly where Higj Hold used to be.

It could possibly have been rechristened and now be in the hands of a minor Baron, Lord Zymorven, thus the new name.

George Krashos Posted - 22 Jan 2018 : 04:37:52
The "Silver Marches" accessory has no info on either settlement other than a mention and bare description of Rivermoot (pgs.10, 15, 32 & 100) and a mention of High Hold (pgs.10 & 15).

You have a free hand to make stuff up.

-- George Krashos
Markustay Posted - 22 Jan 2018 : 03:30:29
Isn't High Hold just the Herald's tower? (or Harpers - one of them) I think a community formed-up around it.

Rivermoot I am not sure about, but I 'think' it may have been something from a RAS novel... maybe.
Cards77 Posted - 22 Jan 2018 : 03:22:08
**CASTS RAISE THREAD***

I'm also looking for any information, and have also found nothing.
The Sage Posted - 07 Jul 2006 : 10:41:15
I don't recall there being any specific details on these two locales in previous editions. There's mention of "a" trade-stop holding that could be High Hold in VGttN, though it's not specifically called that.
EvilKnight Posted - 28 Jun 2006 : 01:35:08
I did a search on the Danali Index project. No hits. But the index is not anywhere near complete. I have not come across it. Where did you first get the town names.

EvilKnight
Ergdusch Posted - 27 Jun 2006 : 14:01:27
Just scanned the Savage Frontier .pdf file from the Wizards download page (thanks for the hint, wooly) and: No Rivermoot or High Hold mentioned there either.

Hopefully someone else has a few more options for you, Dampiel.

Ergdusch
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Jun 2006 : 11:34:41
And all of the sources Kuje mentions are available for free from the Wizards downloads page.
Ergdusch Posted - 27 Jun 2006 : 08:23:20
Hi!

I checked for these towns in Volo's Guide to the North and The North box Set but they are not mentioned therein. So that might leave the Savage Frontier open for information.....

Ergdusch
Kuje Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 21:37:51
I'd try either Savage Frontier, Volo's Guide to the North (this one might have something), or the North box set.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000