Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Silver Marches Info
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dampiel
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  20:41:01  Show Profile  Visit Dampiel's Homepage Send Dampiel a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I have been searching and searching for any info on the towns Rivermoot and High Hold in The Silver Marches. They are both on what would be the primary trade route between Mithril Hall and Silverymoon and so must be important to the area. I can't seem to find any actual source information on the two towns though. They are not included in The Silver Marches source book or the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. If anyone has a reference from a novel or a D&D Forgotten Realms source book they can direct me to, that would be great.

thanks...

-Dampiel-

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  21:37:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd try either Savage Frontier, Volo's Guide to the North (this one might have something), or the North box set.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  08:23:20  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I checked for these towns in Volo's Guide to the North and The North box Set but they are not mentioned therein. So that might leave the Savage Frontier open for information.....

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  11:34:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And all of the sources Kuje mentions are available for free from the Wizards downloads page.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  14:01:27  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just scanned the Savage Frontier .pdf file from the Wizards download page (thanks for the hint, wooly) and: No Rivermoot or High Hold mentioned there either.

Hopefully someone else has a few more options for you, Dampiel.

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  01:35:08  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did a search on the Danali Index project. No hits. But the index is not anywhere near complete. I have not come across it. Where did you first get the town names.

EvilKnight
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2006 :  10:41:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall there being any specific details on these two locales in previous editions. There's mention of "a" trade-stop holding that could be High Hold in VGttN, though it's not specifically called that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  03:22:08  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
**CASTS RAISE THREAD***

I'm also looking for any information, and have also found nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  03:30:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't High Hold just the Herald's tower? (or Harpers - one of them) I think a community formed-up around it.

Rivermoot I am not sure about, but I 'think' it may have been something from a RAS novel... maybe.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  04:37:52  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The "Silver Marches" accessory has no info on either settlement other than a mention and bare description of Rivermoot (pgs.10, 15, 32 & 100) and a mention of High Hold (pgs.10 & 15).

You have a free hand to make stuff up.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 22 Jan 2018 04:38:39
Go to Top of Page

Mankyle
Acolyte

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  20:48:05  Show Profile Send Mankyle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

The "Silver Marches" accessory has no info on either settlement other than a mention and bare description of Rivermoot (pgs.10, 15, 32 & 100) and a mention of High Hold (pgs.10 & 15).

You have a free hand to make stuff up.

-- George Krashos

Well.... in Storm King's Thunder it looks that the town of Zymorven Hall (typo?) Is located exactly where Higj Hold used to be.

It could possibly have been rechristened and now be in the hands of a minor Baron, Lord Zymorven, thus the new name.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000