Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Artifacts - How do I create them?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erutan Posted - 04 Apr 2006 : 19:05:22
Hello to all! I´m from Brazil and this is my first post in here...
I´d like to know if there is any 3 ed. book that describes the creation of Artifacts. If not could you guys give me a hand!?
Thanks very much...
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EytanBernstein Posted - 05 Apr 2006 : 00:09:22
There is fireshield which damages your enemies when you are attacked, but protects you from cold or fire. I have the vaguest sense of some effect that works how you describe, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.
Erutan Posted - 04 Apr 2006 : 20:50:54
Thank you guys!
Can you anser me another question!
There is any spell (3 ed.) that works like a energy projection which can be used to attack and defend?
It would work in this way: when used to attack the energy creates a wave of force that affects in one direction, and pull the enemies back like a strong wind. For defense this spell creates a pressure against the actions made against the character. For exemple: a mage inside a Forcecage use this spell to create a pressure from inside to outside against the resistence of the cage and may destroy it, using some criteria (like a Will test between the casters). This pressure could be used to crush too. Well, if it does’t exist, in what level it would fit if it had 3 rounds of duration.
I know its a lot but i trust in your judgment!!!
Thanks a lot!
Arivia Posted - 04 Apr 2006 : 20:16:54
Additionally, see Deities and Demigods, the Epic Level Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide II, and the Arms and Equipment Guide(all for 3e).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Apr 2006 : 19:59:38
It also depends on from what angle you're creating it. If the PCs are doing it, we are talking some seriously epic stuff... If you're creating one as a DM, to be used in a campaign, you can pretty much go wild. In fact, I recall a 2E reference that said artifacts were an excuse for DMs to break the rules...

Either way, I'd start with the 2E Book of Artifacts as a source for reference and inspiration.
EytanBernstein Posted - 04 Apr 2006 : 19:47:42
quote:
Originally posted by Erutan

Hello to all! I´m from Brazil and this is my first post in here...
I´d like to know if there is any 3 ed. book that describes the creation of Artifacts. If not could you guys give me a hand!?
Thanks very much...

The creation of artifacts is generally held to be completely unique to each item. There is some info about it in the DMG, but I think that in general, it's up to you. It should always be complex, involve some sort of quest/sacrifice/or other major expense, and always have a drawback.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000