Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Artifacts - How do I create them?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erutan
Acolyte

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  19:05:22  Show Profile  Visit Erutan's Homepage Send Erutan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello to all! I´m from Brazil and this is my first post in here...
I´d like to know if there is any 3 ed. book that describes the creation of Artifacts. If not could you guys give me a hand!?
Thanks very much...

www.ultimosdias.tk

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  19:47:42  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erutan

Hello to all! I´m from Brazil and this is my first post in here...
I´d like to know if there is any 3 ed. book that describes the creation of Artifacts. If not could you guys give me a hand!?
Thanks very much...

The creation of artifacts is generally held to be completely unique to each item. There is some info about it in the DMG, but I think that in general, it's up to you. It should always be complex, involve some sort of quest/sacrifice/or other major expense, and always have a drawback.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  19:59:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It also depends on from what angle you're creating it. If the PCs are doing it, we are talking some seriously epic stuff... If you're creating one as a DM, to be used in a campaign, you can pretty much go wild. In fact, I recall a 2E reference that said artifacts were an excuse for DMs to break the rules...

Either way, I'd start with the 2E Book of Artifacts as a source for reference and inspiration.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  20:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Additionally, see Deities and Demigods, the Epic Level Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide II, and the Arms and Equipment Guide(all for 3e).

Edited by - Arivia on 04 Apr 2006 20:33:49
Go to Top of Page

Erutan
Acolyte

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  20:50:54  Show Profile  Visit Erutan's Homepage Send Erutan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys!
Can you anser me another question!
There is any spell (3 ed.) that works like a energy projection which can be used to attack and defend?
It would work in this way: when used to attack the energy creates a wave of force that affects in one direction, and pull the enemies back like a strong wind. For defense this spell creates a pressure against the actions made against the character. For exemple: a mage inside a Forcecage use this spell to create a pressure from inside to outside against the resistence of the cage and may destroy it, using some criteria (like a Will test between the casters). This pressure could be used to crush too. Well, if it does’t exist, in what level it would fit if it had 3 rounds of duration.
I know its a lot but i trust in your judgment!!!
Thanks a lot!

www.ultimosdias.tk
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  00:09:22  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is fireshield which damages your enemies when you are attacked, but protects you from cold or fire. I have the vaguest sense of some effect that works how you describe, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000