Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Book Club Schedule (2006)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 11 Jan 2006 : 18:48:22
Well met

Herein is the Forgotten Realms Book Club schedule for the first few months of 2006. This does not include Classic Book Clubs, however, which will be announced at a later date, following a vote.

January - Son of Thunder (with Murray Leeder)
February - Realms of the Elves (attending authors to announced)
March - Vanity's Brood
April - Bladesinger (with Keith Francis Strohm)
May - The Ruin (with Richard Lee Byers)
June - Final Gate (with Richard Baker)
July - Blackstaff (with Steven Schend)
Bloodwalk (with James P. Davis)
August - Swords of Eveningstar (with Ed Greenwood (via THO))
September - Darkvision
Lies of Light
November - Shadowbred
December - Frostfell
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ode904 Posted - 10 Jan 2007 : 05:44:19
I must support Uzzy's idea, for two reasons. I can't have every book just when they come out, I usually buy few months after. And the second and as important as the first reason; there are many old books I've loved! But do as you think wise, this was my suggestion
Uzzy Posted - 13 Dec 2006 : 19:24:19
An anthology would be fun, I think. Any good picks for one, preferably one not that recent? Best of the Realms Volume 1, perhaps?

I'm looking forward to Sacrifice of the Widow in February too. Shall be trying to read each novel that comes out next year (inbetween reading all the old ones!)
hammer of Moradin Posted - 11 Dec 2006 : 05:43:49
Either way for me. Anthology or Classic.
Put it to a vote says I.
Dhomal Posted - 08 Dec 2006 : 20:24:25
Hello-

Perhaps as a somewhat comprimise - we could choose one of the anthologies for January instead. THis time of year has me quite busy - even into January (returns season!) and an anthology would work because I could read a couple of the stories only if time was difficult for me - and yet still fully participate in the discussions on those stories.

Just a thought.

Dhomal
turox Posted - 07 Dec 2006 : 18:52:38
As I am reading alot about the Realms. I would enjoying what others thought of some of those older books such as the Avatar series or the one where Azoun fought the horde from the east. :)
Victor_ograygor Posted - 07 Dec 2006 : 18:12:23
I think it sound good, let“s make a poll. I am a firs timer concerning this book club, but have read many FR books. I am looking forward to the poll
Alaundo Posted - 07 Dec 2006 : 17:53:32
Well met

We did have a Classic book featured some time ago...in fact, it was Elfshadow, and whilst being a very popular book that is often talked about amongst Realms fans, there was very little participation.

I'm open to suggestions and a poll, however. If there is enough interest in reading a classic novel, then i'm happy to open up a Book Club for the month
Besshalar Posted - 07 Dec 2006 : 17:51:04
I second the motion I have some holes in my realmslore concerning some of the older ones and would appreciate a chance to discuss one of them :)
Uzzy Posted - 07 Dec 2006 : 17:39:49
Perhaps we can have an older, classic book for the book club that month? Elfshadow, Spellfire, Azure Bonds? Ones like that.
Alaundo Posted - 07 Dec 2006 : 17:29:57
quote:
Originally posted by Besshalar

Hail and well met Alaundo!

Who's up in january ?

Well met, Besshalar

We actually have a break in January as there are no new novel releases. February kicks off with Sacrifice of the Widow
Besshalar Posted - 06 Dec 2006 : 18:11:20
Hail and well met Alaundo!

Who's up in january ?
Alaundo Posted - 01 Dec 2006 : 17:04:29
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Time to contact Mark, Frostfell (still looks like Frosteel on the cover) is out! Tomorrow is the first, and so far this one is worth it.

Well met

Aye, Mark has already agreed to stop by for the Book Club so we should hopefully see some activity soon
hammer of Moradin Posted - 30 Nov 2006 : 17:44:10
Time to contact Mark, Frostfell (still looks like Frosteel on the cover) is out! Tomorrow is the first, and so far this one is worth it.
Alaundo Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 20:43:24
quote:
Originally posted by Avaly

Excuse me kindly,
Being quite an avid reader, I was wondering if a decision has been made for the month of Nov. this year since I would like to join up at that point.

Thank you,
Avaly

Well met

Most certainly, Avaly, and it would be a pleasure to have ye with us November's book will be none other than the eagerly awaited Shadowbred, by Paul S Kemp
Avaly Posted - 12 Oct 2006 : 20:36:42
Excuse me kindly,
Being quite an avid reader, I was wondering if a decision has been made for the month of Nov. this year since I would like to join up at that point.

Thank you,
Avaly
jmf Posted - 12 Aug 2006 : 16:24:29
hmmmmmmmmmmm this might be a problem since my local bookstore does not have any of those books.
Alaundo Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 16:58:54
quote:
Originally posted by Dremvek

Alaundo,

Is there any word yet as to what the books will be for the remainder of the year? I want to make sure I have them so I can participate.

Thank you!

Well met

Certainly, Dremvek. All new FR releases from WotC will be featured. I'll be putting a poll up towards the end of next month to see how many will be interested in participating in book clubs for Swords of Eveningstar and Road of the Patriarch, however, due to them being hardcovers, which not everyone purchases in this format.

Glad to see thy commitment, Dremvek and I look forward to seeing thy comments over the coming months
Dremvek Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 15:08:04
Alaundo,

Is there any word yet as to what the books will be for the remainder of the year? I want to make sure I have them so I can participate.

Thank you!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 03:22:39
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Just as a reminder that both Blackstaff and Bloodwalk will be the focus of next months Book Club. I hope to see many of ye participating in these novels, for they surely sound splendid indeed

Steven Schend and James P. Davis will be participating in the book club to answer any questions etc.

I ordered Blackstaff from Amazon so I can actually read a book at the same time as everyone else!
Dhomal Posted - 26 Jun 2006 : 02:08:37
quote:

Steven Schend and James P. Davis will be participating in the book club to answer any questions etc.

Hello-

Any chance I can get first in line for some of that "etc." that you mention Alaundo?

Dhomal
Alaundo Posted - 25 Jun 2006 : 08:28:52
Well met

Just as a reminder that both Blackstaff and Bloodwalk will be the focus of next months Book Club. I hope to see many of ye participating in these novels, for they surely sound splendid indeed

Alaundo Posted - 04 Mar 2006 : 11:40:50
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

not to disagree with you too much Alaundo , but I personlly feel that "participating" in the book club discussion after the majority of the book has been discussed by a majority of the sages, after the month that the book is scheduled to be discussed, so far has frustrated me. it's almost a day late and a dollar short, in my opinion. I concur with my fellow scribe, that maybe having the book discussion, say about a month after it's release date, would allow more sages to participate (seeing as an example our fellow sages in Australia seem to have an extraordinary delay in receiving the current releases). Additionally, if there is going to be a future poll for the classic book club discussion, I want to get one in early, let's go for the finders stone trilogy. I am very interested and have waited a very long time for a dedicated FR book club discussion site. I am willing to help out in any way possible to make it continue to be successful.

Well met

Thank ye for thy comments, scererar. I quite understand thy point. I do like to get the book club threads up ready for release, however, as some readers do get the book within the release month. Again, as i've said before, there is never a closing date for book clubs so feel free to post your comments in the relevant threads at any time
scererar Posted - 04 Mar 2006 : 03:00:37
quote:

Well met

Remember, Book Club's do not close down after the current release month. Ye may post in any previous book club at any time. I expect a new release book club to span easily into the following month. I don't yet have Realms of the Elves myself and imagine it will easily get towards the end of the month before it arrives.

As for a Classic Book Club. I will run a poll in a couple of months, taken from suggestions by readers who are willing to participate.

not to disagree with you too much Alaundo , but I personlly feel that "participating" in the book club discussion after the majority of the book has been discussed by a majority of the sages, after the month that the book is scheduled to be discussed, so far has frustrated me. it's almost a day late and a dollar short, in my opinion. I concur with my fellow scribe, that maybe having the book discussion, say about a month after it's release date, would allow more sages to participate (seeing as an example our fellow sages in Australia seem to have an extraordinary delay in receiving the current releases). Additionally, if there is going to be a future poll for the classic book club discussion, I want to get one in early, let's go for the finders stone trilogy. I am very interested and have waited a very long time for a dedicated FR book club discussion site. I am willing to help out in any way possible to make it continue to be successful.
Kajehase Posted - 02 Mar 2006 : 20:32:55
I could have ordered to arrive within in 8 days for the past week, but I'm waiting for the internet-store I use to get Power of Faerūn stocked as well in order to save myself 34 SKr ($3) in postage-fees.
SiriusBlack Posted - 02 Mar 2006 : 19:56:27
quote:
Just to see, who has Vanity's Brood, or has seen it?

Seen it, have it.
Lameth Posted - 02 Mar 2006 : 18:22:48
quote:

I like the idea of beginning the book club in the month after its U.S. release. That gives some of us time to finish other books, others to even get it, and all of us a chance to read it. I may be wrong, but the few who get it quick, and read it quick, are less in number than those who get it later, and/or read it later.

I like the idea to begin a new book discussion a month after the U.S. release, too. It takes some time to get the books here in europe.
Alaundo Posted - 02 Mar 2006 : 17:25:21
quote:

I like the idea of beginning the book club in the month after its U.S. release. That gives some of us time to finish other books, others to even get it, and all of us a chance to read it. I may be wrong, but the few who get it quick, and read it quick, are less in number than those who get it later, and/or read it later.
Just to see, who has Vanity's Brood, or has seen it? I've seen it, it came into work yesterday. However, I'm Grieving over the other WOTC book release, so I'll make like a Tree and be back here after I read that one. No, don't tell me to leave!

Well make sure ye do, Hammer. Why ye chose a tome such as that o'er the final book in House of Serpents is beyond me I'll look forward to reading thy comments in the Vanity's Brood Book Club threads anyway
hammer of Moradin Posted - 02 Mar 2006 : 17:11:07
Just to see, who has Vanity's Brood, or has seen it? I've seen it, it came into work yesterday. However, I'm Grieving over the other WOTC book release, so I'll make like a Tree and be back here after I read that one. No, don't tell me to leave!
Alaundo Posted - 14 Feb 2006 : 08:41:45
Well met

Remember, Book Club's do not close down after the current release month. Ye may post in any previous book club at any time. I expect a new release book club to span easily into the following month. I don't yet have Realms of the Elves myself and imagine it will easily get towards the end of the month before it arrives.

As for a Classic Book Club. I will run a poll in a couple of months, taken from suggestions by readers who are willing to participate.

Dhomal Posted - 14 Feb 2006 : 05:46:54
Hello-

Maybe, in light of the differing release schedules, we should consider having the 'new' book clubs at least in the month following their official release. I know that the Realms of Elves had a specific release date at my store - though I am at a loss as to what day it was for sure right now. I know that it was not before the 5th though. That - and some people may not necessarilly have the disposable cash to buy books as soon as they come out. So - that being said - waiting a month might not be a bad idea.

I dunno - what do people think?

As for a classic club - I would suggest that to get the most interest in a book - a poll should be put up - and people should vote on what book they would like to read and participate in - which would give a general idea as to how many people would participate if the book was chosen.

Just another thought.

Dhomal

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000