Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Thunderblessing for elves?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Killashandra Posted - 05 Sep 2005 : 11:36:16
Hi!

I'm busy reading Evermeet for the first time and I have a general question.

The Thunderblessing increased the Dwarven birthrate and such right? Why don't the elven pantheon do the same for their children?

Except the gold elves of course, all gold elves must DIE...

Hmmm, that might be overstating, all right, all evil gold elves must...no, wait, that's the same as sayingn all gold elves should die

Anyhow, would anyone care to venture a guess why the elves don't get similairly saved as a race?

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 10 Oct 2005 : 04:28:07
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

The Elves don't really need a "Thunderblessing," however with all these RSEs that have occurred, I would imagine both Evermeet and Evereska both have been pretty decimated though.

Perhaps...

Then again, the RPG planners at WotC will likely find a way to incorporate such a concept into the Realms at some future point .
warlockco Posted - 10 Oct 2005 : 03:47:05
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Folks, we have strayed rather far from the original topic...

But Takari is gonna have a baby, isn't that kinda on subject...

The Elves don't really need a "Thunderblessing," however with all these RSEs that have occurred, I would imagine both Evermeet and Evereska both have been pretty decimated though.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Oct 2005 : 03:23:02
Folks, we have strayed rather far from the original topic...
Shadovar Posted - 10 Oct 2005 : 01:12:05
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Yeah - him and Takari Moonsnow! She so needs to go....

C-Fb

I agree, Takari Moonsnow must go to! She is just too greedy to lust after the use of darkblades, even Galeron and his sister can see that in her. I believe she intend to use the darkblade for more than defending Evereska, more towards self-interests.

So far, wood elves and wild elves had some kind of uneasy truce with the humans anyway. If there is anyone capable of disrupting the uneasy truce, I say it is some black sheep among the elves responsible for it.
warlockco Posted - 09 Oct 2005 : 23:09:16
quote:

C-Fb

I thought Takari was cool, especially how she used her womanly wiles to get what she wanted, a weapon that would help her people fight off a dangerous enemy.

Her dislike of humans is very understandable, if any subrace has a reason to dislike/hate humans, the Wood Elves and Wild Elves have it. Humans have destroyed their homes constantly with their logging efforts.
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 09 Oct 2005 : 16:11:29

C-Fb
khorne Posted - 09 Oct 2005 : 13:41:30
quote:

Oh, but you're not calling for his death?

C-Fb

As a matter of fact, I would be very happy if he died. So happy I would jump around the room.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 09 Oct 2005 : 07:32:57
quote:

I'm not inclined to think it's drow-related, because if it is, there's a real possibility people will begin to burn out on drow.

Begin?

I'm already burned out on them. I haven't finished reading the WotSQ series after book 2, simply because I just don't feel like reading about more drow. I'll finish the series, eventually, but I have too many other fine books sitting in my closet unread.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 09 Oct 2005 : 07:29:49
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by khorne

I`ll be very disappointed if the Fey`ri don`t get completely butchered in Final Gate.

I want to see Sarya get defeated, and a good number of fey'ri escaping. I really like the race, so I want them to stick around. I'm not interested in them have a realm of their own or a standing army, but I do want them to continue to be a problem -- just not a large scale problem.

I agree. Though since I hate Sarya (as a person), I really wouldn't mind seeing her get killed. Horribly.

quote:
Call me silly, but kin means "relation," don't it? So with that way of thinking it's the Year of Risen Elf-relatives. I'm rooting for something involving...half-elves.

If that's silly, I must be silly too, since I feel the same way. As I mentioned in a different thread, pure elves are generally not refered to as "elfkin", but it is probably all a matter of interpretation.
Shadovar Posted - 09 Oct 2005 : 01:58:18
quote:

Leave Sarya alone - half-demon people have rights, too. Plus, she's hot.

C-Fb

Leave Sarya alone? Why? In my campaign, my PCs including shades are running big fights with her and her cronies, all my PCs bent on exterminating her and her cronies.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 09 Oct 2005 : 01:50:39
CF . . . I'm starting to see a pattern here. Petite evil creatures with elven blood. Does your lady know about this?
warlockco Posted - 09 Oct 2005 : 01:48:43
quote:

C-Fb

I'll give her equal rights, along with lefts, right hooks, etc...
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 08 Oct 2005 : 17:16:41

C-Fb
khorne Posted - 08 Oct 2005 : 13:04:59
quote:
Originally posted by Killashandra

I reckon if it was up to the elves Kymil would be dead-beyond-all-hope-of-resurrection. Damn Harpers. No, we'll just stick into this dungeon where he can never escape from. Yeah, 'coz that's what all the bad guys do and guess what? Their schemes always fail.

You reckon yours will work just because you're the supposed good guys? *Tosses up hands in disgust*

Sorry :-) just had to get that out of the way. Where is Kymil at the moment? Anyone know? Last I knew of him, he lead the attack on Evermeet and that's all I know...

He`s probably hiding somewhere. After all, there are a lot of people who want him dead.
Killashandra Posted - 07 Oct 2005 : 16:13:50
I reckon if it was up to the elves Kymil would be dead-beyond-all-hope-of-resurrection. Damn Harpers. No, we'll just stick into this dungeon where he can never escape from. Yeah, 'coz that's what all the bad guys do and guess what? Their schemes always fail.

You reckon yours will work just because you're the supposed good guys? *Tosses up hands in disgust*

Sorry :-) just had to get that out of the way. Where is Kymil at the moment? Anyone know? Last I knew of him, he lead the attack on Evermeet and that's all I know...
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 07 Oct 2005 : 12:53:15
Oh come on... if Kymil Nemisin can be allowed to survive after attacking last home, you want Sarya dead? Shoot!

She's not personally responsible for a Crown War. She was one of many Vyshaanti houses that made the Arvyndaar empire the strongest empire ever to grace Faerun after all.

C-Fb
khorne Posted - 07 Oct 2005 : 12:28:35
quote:

quote:

I`ll be very disappointed if the Fey`ri don`t get completely butchered in Final Gate.

I want to see Sarya get defeated, and a good number of fey'ri escaping. I really like the race, so I want them to stick around. I'm not interested in them have a realm of their own or a standing army, but I do want them to continue to be a problem -- just not a large scale problem.

It`s fine with me if some Fey`ri survive, but Sarya`s got to go. Thousands of dead elves cry for revenge(she is responsible for a crown war after all)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Oct 2005 : 11:32:46
quote:

khorne Posted - 07 Oct 2005 : 08:48:33
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Call me silly, but kin means "relation," don't it? So with that way of thinking it's the Year of Risen Elf-relatives. I'm rooting for something involving...half-elves

That's why I mentioned the fey'ri. They are undeniably kin to elves, and they are rising right now...

Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 23:11:33
Yeah, but everything is happening before the Year of Risen Elfkin - that's why I think it will have to do with the Faerie Elves more than anything. I think they will be coming back to populate Faerun and maybe start trying to resettle some forgotten lands.

C-Fb
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 23:06:36
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Call me silly, but kin means "relation," don't it? So with that way of thinking it's the Year of Risen Elf-relatives. I'm rooting for something involving...half-elves

That's why I mentioned the fey'ri. They are undeniably kin to elves, and they are rising right now...
Jindael Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 20:48:45
quote:
I agree... I don't think the FR world needs more Drow than it already has. If they become too common, their whole mystery and their fun-factor falls way down. I dunno. I'd rather it be the elves getting more prominent around the block again!

C-Fb

I 100% agree. There has been way to much ignoring the elves. It might be a reaction to the fact that elves were (mechanically) viewed as superior in 2ed, and people just got sick of them. However, I think that the lack of Lore on elves in 3ed is something that needs to be fixed. Let’s see more just plain old elves doing something neat and new!

Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 19:20:19
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Wilson

I'm not a fan of the drow, but "Risen Elfkin" smacks of drow related things to my ears.

I'm not sure it will be drow related, given the recent Spider Queen series, but when I think of "Risen Elfkin" I think of the drow on the surface of Faerūn.

Well, keep in mind that with Seveiril's Crusade, and the rise of Lamruil's new kingdom, elves are becoming more prominent in Faerūn again.

Of course, the fey'ri are kin to elves, too...

I'm not inclined to think it's drow-related, because if it is, there's a real possibility people will begin to burn out on drow.

I agree... I don't think the FR world needs more Drow than it already has. If they become too common, their whole mystery and their fun-factor falls way down. I dunno. I'd rather it be the elves getting more prominent around the block again!

C-Fb
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 19:18:56
quote:

quote:

I'm not a fan of the drow, but "Risen Elfkin" smacks of drow related things to my ears.

I'm not sure it will be drow related, given the recent Spider Queen series, but when I think of "Risen Elfkin" I think of the drow on the surface of Faerūn.

Well, keep in mind that with Seveiril's Crusade, and the rise of Lamruil's new kingdom, elves are becoming more prominent in Faerūn again.

C-Fb
Kajehase Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 18:06:32
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 17:23:42
quote:

Mr. Wilson Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 15:03:01

warlockco Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 06:57:15
quote:
Originally posted by Killashandra

Thankfully, that's the fun of running the game. "I don't like this, so I don't use it!"

Slightly more on topic, are we currently in the year of the Risen Elfkin? Or is that coming up?

I think that is the next year, but I could be mistaken.
Killashandra Posted - 06 Oct 2005 : 05:47:37
Thankfully, that's the fun of running the game. "I don't like this, so I don't use it!"

Slightly more on topic, are we currently in the year of the Risen Elfkin? Or is that coming up?
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 03 Oct 2005 : 12:56:02
Oh yeah, I agree... I think the 2 yr gestation period is very much set in stone. I was just surprised that they decided to even change it. Sometimes I don't know what goes on up in Renton when they decide to change something that has been almost set in stone since the game began. Oh well.. WotC certainly does have their hits and misses.

C-Fb

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000