Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 eBay Find

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Valhadrion Roth Posted - 03 Dec 2021 : 07:49:13
Tonight while browsing the marketplace I came across this gem that I thought I'd better share with you folks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AD-D-1st-Edition-PLAYERS-HANDBOOK-Uncut-Printing-Press-Sheets-Unique-And-Rare-/234315434656?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Original print sheets of the first AD&D run direct from the printer :)

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Dec 2021 : 02:43:27
quote:
Originally posted by Valhadrion Roth

I can't imagine ever having that much cash to throw down on something important let alone whimsical

For my recent splurge on the Encyclopedia Magica books, I dipped into money I'd set aside for GenCon.
Valhadrion Roth Posted - 04 Dec 2021 : 23:40:56
Indeed, I didn't even notice the three copies bit, saw the title saying "unique and rare" and had to show someone haha. At the time it was going for less than £100, seems to have gone up quite a bit now.

I can't imagine ever having that much cash to throw down on something important let alone whimsical #129335;#8205;#9794;#65039;
The Masked Mage Posted - 03 Dec 2021 : 17:21:03
I would def. question the authenticity of something like this, especially since the listing claims to have 3 copies (which means when one sells he can sell another with the same listing without red flags).

As far as buying them, I can't imagine why one would want an uncut unbound book :P

Imagine trying to go through a quarto in order lol
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Dec 2021 : 15:55:23
quote:
Originally posted by Valhadrion Roth

Tonight while browsing the marketplace I came across this gem that I thought I'd better share with you folks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AD-D-1st-Edition-PLAYERS-HANDBOOK-Uncut-Printing-Press-Sheets-Unique-And-Rare-/234315434656?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Original print sheets of the first AD&D run direct from the printer :)

Interesting find... But I'd have to have a hell of a lot of money to burn before even considering something like that. I've got my reprints of the 1E stuff from a few years back, and pdfs as well -- that's more than enough for me.

I had to ponder my recent $150 splurge on the Encyclopedia Magica books, because my cash isn't exactly overflowing and I don't oft spend more than like $50 at any one time on gaming stuff. Knowing I'd likely never see them again at such a great price was a major factor -- and it was Buy It Now, so there was no bidding war. (I've seen two auctions since, for the same books, hit $380)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000